Getting a Mate From a Stranger Wolf Pack?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Silverlion
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Getting a Mate From a Stranger Wolf Pack?

Post by Silverlion » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:52 am

Has anyone had any luck with convincing a wolf from an established stranger wolf pack (Wapiti, Lamar Canyon, Junction Butte) to become your mate? It is mentioned in the game that this is possible, but I haven't had any luck with that. (I keep getting attacked every time I approach a stranger wolf from another pack). I was just curious to see if anyone has been able to get a mate from one of these wolf packs? And if so, how?

Thanks!

Nor-easter Forecast

Re: Getting a Mate From a Stranger Wolf Pack?

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Getting a mate from a stranger wolf pack is possible, it just requires luck. Every time you start a new game a handful of pack-wolves become "eligible" for courtship. You'll find them the same way you find regular stranger wolves... by hanging out in the territories. They will approach you and will appear very similar to dispersals, with the diversity stars and heart meter visible. If a stranger wolf approaches you and has the fight/flight meter over its head, it is not courtable and there is nothing you can do to convince it otherwise. Sometimes, courtable pack wolves arrive at the same time as their un-courtable family members. In this case, you have to fight off the aggressive wolf before bonding with the potential mate. Good luck!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

spruce56
Pup
Pup

Post by spruce56 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:34 pm

I've found quite a few potential mates from stranger packs - the trick is getting the eligible one on their own. I've found it helps to sleep just inside stranger territory, so you can run if hostile wolves appear.
  • Post Merge
Just an update on this: the available Pack Wolves change per game. If the Pack Wolf you have your eye on is hostile on a save file, start a new game with the same wolf, and it may become available.

How to find them: you can always follow wolf tracks in Stranger territory, but from what I can tell, not all wolves are on the map at a time, and they only refresh when you sleep.

How to find them: howl a lot, and find a spot between two Stranger territories. If hostile Wapiti wolves spawn, stroll over to Junction Butte territory, and Sleep again. That way, if you manage to get a hostile Junction Wolf, and an available Junction wolf, you can just stroll on back to Wapiti territory, and the friendly one should follow (so long as there's no hostile Wapiti wolves on the other side).
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:02 am

You know when a wolf is interested in leaving their pack when you see it --they act exactly like dispersals and will not attack you nor defend their territory from you. They like the pack to think they're on patrol, but really, they're looking for wolves like you!
When you come across a wolf like this, the game will alert you. It will say, "Pack Wolves Ahead!" and tell you below that they are interested in you. Sometimes, however, you can still encounter these wolves while one or two other wolves are not interested and you're getting killed while trying to do courtship. This can result in a rushed judgement, and if you finish courtship alive, run away with your new mate-to-be! And I mean this literally. Hunt several times to see his/her style and personality. With one of my wolves, I have successfully taken a Junction Butte wolf to be my mate, and he's a pretty cool guy.