Sudden FPS Drop in WQ AE

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Atlatl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Sudden FPS Drop in WQ AE

Post by Atlatl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:21 am

When I first installed the game in July, I managed 40-60 FPS on fantastic settings (or better) in WQ Anniversary Edition. I stopped playing for a few weeks in August, and then opened up the game again yesterday. I got a "Low FPS Warning" on fantastic settings and averaged 2-3 fps. Dropping it down to good settings, or lower, and I can only manage 4-6 FPS. I reinstalled and got the same issue. I've tested other graphics-intensive games and have only had the FPS drop on WQ.

Comp specs:
W-10 64 bit
16GB memory
Intel Core i5 5600
Graphics: Radeon RX 480

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Sudden FPS Drop in WQ AE

Post by Koa » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:36 am

Reading through the patch logs, most performance adjustments to the game were made in early to mid-August. I didn't see anything recent performance-wise. You've got a PC right, and not a laptop? When exactly did you stop playing and start up again?

If you are able, I'd send in a feedback report while you are playing the game, including everything you wrote here and the answers to the questions I've posed above.

Atlatl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Atlatl » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Yes, I have a PC. I was playing WQ up until 8/15, then picked it up again on the 6th or so.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Occasionally, I have these too. Sometimes it's just a sign that your computer needs restarting. But then when the game thinks the FPS is super low and turns down the graphics for you, this usually doesn't help the FPS drop. What I usually do is just turn the graphics back up again, and that fixes it for some reason.
Or maybe there's something else on your computer that you downloaded when you stopped playing, and when you started playing again, maybe that thing is what's causing the problem? Maybe a sketchy download of some sort? This has happened to me, too, and when I got rid of it, the stuff that was being affected fixed themselves.