Taking damage, doing damage

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

x1103
Pup
Pup

Taking damage, doing damage

Post by x1103 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:07 am

Now I'm not the quickest person ever to learn stuff like this in games so maybe it's a silly question but I must know. How exactly does the damage point system work in WolfQuest 3 ? So far it has appeared pretty random but then again there must be reasons for the damage given and taken changing tho biting the same bite point of prey? Sometimes attacking prey does more damage to the prey than the wolf and sometimes vice versa and I just can't see the logic behind this. I'm trying to learn how to play this game well but having no idea how stuff works makes it quite hard. For example, successfully grabbing an elk by the throat while it doesn't fight back - why would that sometimes damage the wolf more? What am I missing?

I tried to hunt on "accurate" settings and couldn't really kill anything but deers. Maybe it's supposed to be like that, or maybe I just have no idea how to play. So yeah specific tips, hints and help with attacking other animals and about the damage point system would be nice. :D
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

Zawki

Re: Taking damage, doing damage

Post by Zawki » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:54 am

I'm not exactly sure how the damage system works, but I have hunted a couple of elk calves on accurate and can probably give some advice about that.

Patience is key; it is a good idea to keep an eye on the mother at all times and wait for an opening. I typically find my wolf can only hang on to the calf long enough to damage it 1-3 times before the mother returns. The priority should be avoiding her hooves, as they deal some serious damage. Once you see the mother running back, that's your cue to drop the calf and run. Once you are at a safe distance again, continue to chase them and wait for another opening. Impatience can be fatal in the wild. It can take a while to finish off the calf, but as long as you take your time and pay close attention to where both elk are I am sure you will succeed.
┌────────────────┤├────────────────┐
When the sky is clear and day has turned to night,
the land is touched by a beautiful moonlight.
└────────────────────────────────────┘

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:19 am

Well the damage input/output depends on how much stamina and health you have. Occasioonally you will take more damage then you deal even if your full health. I'm guessing the taking damage while your attacking is due to the animal shaking around.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:33 am

Zawki wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:54 am
Patience is key; it is a good idea to keep an eye on the mother at all times and wait for an opening. I typically find my wolf can only hang on to the calf long enough to damage it 1-3 times before the mother returns. The priority should be avoiding her hooves, as they deal some serious damage. Once you see the mother running back, that's your cue to drop the calf and run. Once you are at a safe distance again, continue to chase them and wait for another opening. Impatience can be fatal in the wild. It can take a while to finish off the calf, but as long as you take your time and pay close attention to where both elk are I am sure you will succeed.
I'm pretty slow to get out of the way... maybe I'm trying to attack the calf for too long which would be due to impatience yeah. Thank you for this.
elkhunter123456 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:19 am
Well the damage input/output depends on how much stamina and health you have. Occasioonally you will take more damage then you deal even if your full health. I'm guessing the taking damage while your attacking is due to the animal shaking around.
Oh? So you mean as the hunt progresses the wolf will take more and more damage as well since the health of the wolf goes down too with every attack? Interesting. Makes me wonder even more how to execute attacks without too much damage to the wolf... I'm always watching stamina and trying to keep it full or close so yeah that's maybe not it for me but very good to know.

I read on the WQ3 site about attacking prey's sides and not sure if I'm imagining it but I think it has helped reduce the wolf getting hurt.

Still I'm baffled by those points though. Health, stamina and shaking huh. Seems like I cannot help it much if it is about those since I'm already saving stamina always and health goes down anyway, and prey be shaking anyway...?
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.