Can't find WQ screenshots

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Can't find WQ screenshots

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:53 pm

I've searched everywhere in my photos. Can't find them unless I "manually" take a screenshot which is basically ctrl+print scrn. It would be so much better if I could find all the screenshots I took in WolfQuest! I'm using a Windows 10.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Re: Can't find WQ screenshots

Post by Loach » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:53 pm

If you bought WolfQuest on Steam:
- Open Steam
- Click 'View' on the top navigation bar in the top left.
- Pick 'Screenshots' from the dropdown menu
- Select WolfQuest 2.7 or WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition from the Show: [last session] dropdown menu in the window that appears
- Your screenshots should appear
- To open up their folder location on your computer, click the "Show on Disk" button that appears beneath your pictures

If you're talking about screenshots taken in the game's Photo Mode, they should be located in your "Documents" directory folders

- My Games/Wolf Quest Anniversary/User Files/Screenshots

I'm not sure what directory is used for screenshots when the game is purchased from itch.io. If you purchased the game from there they should go SOMEWHERE, but I'm not sure where they go.
DeviantArt
returning member from ancient times

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Loach wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:53 pm
If you bought WolfQuest on Steam:
- Open Steam
- Click 'View' on the top navigation bar in the top left.
- Pick 'Screenshots' from the dropdown menu
- Select WolfQuest 2.7 or WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition from the Show: [last session] dropdown menu in the window that appears
- Your screenshots should appear
- To open up their folder location on your computer, click the "Show on Disk" button that appears beneath your pictures

If you're talking about screenshots taken in the game's Photo Mode, they should be located in your "Documents" directory folders

- My Games/Wolf Quest Anniversary/User Files/Screenshots

I'm not sure what directory is used for screenshots when the game is purchased from itch.io. If you purchased the game from there they should go SOMEWHERE, but I'm not sure where they go.
Thanks!! I actually bought the game on Steam and I'll try that out (hopefully tomorrow).
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Or, if you took the screenshots by using Shift+P in-game, you can access them this way:
Go into file Documents >> Games >> WolfQuest AE >> Screenshots. At least, that's how it works on Windows, don't know about Mac.