Bison Carcass?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Bison Carcass?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:10 am

I've been playing WQ 3 for over 3 weeks consistently.. I have yet to see a bison carcass. I know it exists, because I've seen a screenshot of one. How rare is it to find them? Were they removed? I have never come across a bison carcass scent, ever. I mostly play on Accurate so not sure if that could effect the probability? I have asked a question similar to this awhile back, but I wasn't sure if they were a real thing (now I do. The spawn rate for bison carcasses seems to be incredibly low, has anybody else had this issue? Not sure if the extremely low spawn rate was intended or not..
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Re: Bison Carcass?

Post by Arcturus221B » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:22 am

Bison aren't in the game (yet). They're on the devs' wishlist but they haven't been added, neither have their carcasses. (If their carcasses were present then you should be able to hunt them as well.) Do you still have the sceenshot in question? Maybe it was from a different game or it was a different animal.
☀ "Beттer тo Lιɢнт oɴe cαɴdle, тнαɴ Cυrѕe тнe Dαrĸɴeѕѕ" ★

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:07 pm

https://ibb.co/LYg35qm

Bison aren't actually in the game, but from this screenshot, only their carcasses are (kinda weird). Plus on the Wolfquest Wolfopedia, direct quote:
''Currently, bison are not huntable in WolfQuest. The single player storyline is about you and your mate – and a pair of wolves could never successfully hunt such massive, dangerous prey.
Old, lone bulls might be failing in health but you'd better wait until they keel over. Bulls are the orneriest, most powerful prey a wolf will ever encounter. They may look slow but watch out! The only way to get bison on the menu is to find a carcass. No wolf would never say no to a meal of bison (without the attitude and pointy weapons).''
I don't think many people have seen a bison carcass either.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Oh that's really cool! I haven't seen one either. I think I now have a new goal haha. I was pretty sure nothing in regards to them had been added but since there's actually a carcass... maybe we'll see live ones soon-ish? Would be cool for MP games.
☀ "Beттer тo Lιɢнт oɴe cαɴdle, тнαɴ Cυrѕe тнe Dαrĸɴeѕѕ" ★

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:15 am

Okay... I did not know this was a thing. Golden, could you possibly tell me what your exact source is/was found? I'm extremely interested (and skeptical!), and if it's something sketchy that isn't completely related to the WolfQuest website, no one may actually find another bison carcass until they're released. Man, this makes me want to try to find it! :P

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:02 pm

TimberRaven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:15 am
Okay... I did not know this was a thing. Golden, could you possibly tell me what your exact source is/was found? I'm extremely interested (and skeptical!), and if it's something sketchy that isn't completely related to the WolfQuest website, no one may actually find another bison carcass until they're released. Man, this makes me want to try to find it! :P
The bison carcass is definitely real. I don't remember where I got the screenshot from, but probably from another WQ player. On the Wolfquest website it says bison carcass are in-game, but alive bison are not. (https://www.wolfquest.org/wolfopedia/prey/bison)
I think the bison carcass only appears in the easiest mode, because I've been playing for months now and never have I smelled/seen a bison carcass! I always play on accurate. I think the devs should increase the spawn rates in all difficulties. When actual bison are released, finding a carcass shouldn't be so difficult!
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:34 pm

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:02 pm
TimberRaven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:15 am
The bison carcass is definitely real. I don't remember where I got the screenshot from, but probably from another WQ player. On the Wolfquest website it says bison carcass are in-game, but alive bison are not. (https://www.wolfquest.org/wolfopedia/prey/bison)
I think the bison carcass only appears in the easiest mode, because I've been playing for months now and never have I smelled/seen a bison carcass! I always play on accurate. I think the devs should increase the spawn rates in all difficulties. When actual bison are released, finding a carcass shouldn't be so difficult!
Hmm! That's really cool. I always play on accurate too, so maybe I'll switch back to Easy and hunt around a bit! :) If (IF!!) I find it, I'll edit this with a screenshot(s).