Updates & Lag?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

wildejagdx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Erik

Updates & Lag?

Post by wildejagdx » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:32 am

Hello!
I'm kind of new to the game and just about to get it today if everything goes well. However, I was wondering about the frequency of the updates of the Anniversary Edition (like are they monthly, weekly, etc.?)
Also, I have a maybe 3-5 years old laptop with 4 GB RAM, Windows 10 and lots of free space on it. I don't really know more information about it, to be honest, but e.g. The Sims 4 runs perfectly on it. Is Wolf Quest going to be okay on this laptop? I've watched several videos about the game and it seems very laggy even on really good computers, (according to the maker of the videos) so I'm a bit worried about this part.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by wildejagdx on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Updates & Lag?

Post by Neamara » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:39 am

Hi wildejagdx,

It may help to know the specifications of your laptop; Anniversary Edition requires some beefier specs compared to 2.7, but four gigs of RAM is listed in the minimum requirements so that at least should be good. If you can find out what GPU your laptop has, you can check its benchmark score by searching the list provided in the help center article:
https://support.wolfquest.org/help/grap ... quirements

Regarding the lag, it's still in early access; some lag may be experienced while exploring due to the map spanning across chunks. Not sure how far along they are with optimisation, but it's probably something they're working on.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

wildejagdx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Erik

Re: Updates & Lag?

Post by wildejagdx » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:04 am

UPDATE: Bought the game, had a tiny bit of trouble making it work but now, as I played around with the settings a little bit, everything seems to work just fine. :D Gotta save up some money for a nicer laptop or PC tho.
Anyways, thanks for the help and I just can't wait to be part of the community here! :wolf: