Wolfquest 3 corrupted. Help!

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

sabletheiguanA
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: SekTheAmphithere

Wolfquest 3 corrupted. Help!

Post by sabletheiguanA » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:46 pm

Hey everybody, you may have seen a person on one of Wolfquest's YouTube videos (I think it was Boulderiffic) who had a corrupted game. Well I'm that person, and you told me to submit an in-game report. I tried......and the corruption was so bad that I couldn't even get in the game.

I'm not sure how anyone can help me if they have little to no idea what is going on, and I have no idea how it happens or why, so I can't really provide you with enough information to get it yourself and maybe fix it. But I can tell you what it does, I don't think that would help much though. Again, I couldn't even get in the game, so I don't have any screenshots or stuff like that.

It more often happens when I haven't played Wolfquest in a while, it might be a hacker or something. Last time I tried to continue a game, it cycled through all the loading screens like 300 times a minute, didn't respond to anything I did, so I brought up the force quit menu (I'm on a Mac), but my computer froze for 30 seconds and when it unfroze Wolfquest must have auto-quit or something. Let me know if anyone wants to know more, I'm 9999.999.99.9% sure that people will since I left out a lot. But it prob won't get fixed anytime soon, so I probably won't be able to play Wolfquest until then :cry:

Edit: I do not have the game on steam.
Last edited by sabletheiguanA on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dont wanna try anymore
Chemukh will save me

Xial Renarriss
Dabyrro

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Wolfquest 3 corrupted. Help!

Post by Neamara » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:46 am

Hi sabletheiguanA,

The usual advice would be to uninstall the game and then reinstall it if you haven't tried this already. If you have WQ:AE on Steam, what you can do instead of reinstalling is perform an integrity check. (Right-click WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition in the Steam client > click 'Properties' > click 'Local Files' > 'Verify integrity of game files'.) Basically this forces Steam to check the game files. If it detects missing or corrupted files, affected files will be replaced with a fresh copy. If that doesn't help, see if you can update your graphics drivers. You could also try the public beta to see if there are any improvements to the game's performance on your computer.

I haven't paid any attention to the developer's blog entries for months, so it really would help to know exactly what you are experiencing as well as posting your computer specifications if possible. 'Hacker' involvement seems unlikely, but if you're worried, I'd suggest running a full scan with Malwarebytes to be safe.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

whitealfa121
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by whitealfa121 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:35 pm

Hmm...strange because when I try to load amethyst mountain map it will go to the pretty load screens and from there it crashes screen goes black for literally 15 minutes and then poof force quits the game and pack on steam library....sooooo Helppppp

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:36 pm

It also could be spyware. I remember I accidentally got some spyware on the computer and it wouldn't let me play WQ either! It was disguised as a Minecraft Forge mod file thing, and so when I ran stuff to try to see what the problem was, it slipped by undetected --but the file type didn't look right. So I got rid of it and bam, everything worked!
Also, a computer reboot wouldn't hurt, maybe check your drive memory, or maybe you have an app that conflicts with games..?? And yes, switching to the beta version may do the trick. If not, switch back! That too might do something (switching from normal to beta and then back to normal fixed a friend's problem).
Hope this helps!

sabletheiguanA
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: SekTheAmphithere

Post by sabletheiguanA » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:02 am

Uh by the way, is it possible to log into something on Wolfquest 3 ? I haven't seen anything like that, and I just want something to back up my progress so that if I uninstall and reinstall-because I might do that-I won't have to start from the beginning. This might prevent whatever is causing the problem from clearing, however.

If it is a hacker, even though that is unlikely, it would probably be just Wolfquest that is hacked, and not my whole computer. I usually have two automatic Malwarebytes scans a day, and they didn't detect anything, so it's probably just a file I opened.

One more thing: I'm not logged into anything on Wolfquest 3, is my progress saved locally on my device, or somewhere else? My saved games appear as files in my wolfquest folder, but I'm not all that clear on how it works.
I dont wanna try anymore
Chemukh will save me

Xial Renarriss
Dabyrro

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Saved data for WQ:AE is currently stored locally on your hard drive. Follow the instructions provided in the knowledge base article linked below to find and copy your files to another directory or storage device.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit