Your wolf's name and its origin?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Arctic
Pup
Pup

Re: Your wolf's name and its origin?

Post by Arctic » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:21 am

I don't like use multiple of names, so I'll try always use the same name as a my username, Arctic. I do not even name my mate or puppies.
av by LupinzPack

Wolf Duda
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolf Duda » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:16 pm

my wolf name is sweet and her mate is cake. i do not have puppies yet but i planned their names: sugar, candy, cream and brownie

Fσωєяѕ
Flowers Give Hearts Immense Joy

Av/Sig © wolfwhisp -- thanks <3/Lupa
i'm like wolves?
I don't know....
Avatar by © wolfwhisp -- thanks <3
Signature by © Wolf Duda it's me!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:14 pm

During initial beta testing for 2.7 I named my wolf 'ruin', after a misspelling of a nickname I have. Then I stuck with it after the release of the game and I don't know why but that's a thing now.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Wolf Duda wrote:my wolf name is sweet and her mate is cake. i do not have puppies yet but i planned their names: sugar, candy, cream and brownie
So, as a couple, your wolf and its mate are "Sweetcake?" Cute. Do something similar for your puppies' names next time.
Kirave wrote:
During initial beta testing for 2.7 I named my wolf 'ruin', after a misspelling of a nickname I have. Then I stuck with it after the release of the game and I don't know why but that's a thing now.
I actually had no idea this was a thing. Unless I forgot about it.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

StarNatural
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Nitza

Post by StarNatural » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:05 am

My main wolf that I use for single player is Ashtoreth—which is of Hebrew/Jewish origin and also after my great grandmother. It means 'star', but was also the name of a principal female deity of the Semitic nations, worshipped in war and fertility.
Then, there's her mate, Abiyah, whose name means 'Yahweh is my father' In the Torah, this is the name of a son of Samuel.
And her pups, Aphrodit, whose name means 'risen from the foam', and also the Hebrew variation of the Greek G-dess Aphrodite.
Avi, meaning 'father of a multitude' (I plan that, when he gets older, I'll end up making a character in his likeness and name (basically him as an adult) and he'll definitely get around, you know? Lots of kids.)
And Abiydan, meaning "my father is judge." In the Torah, this is the name of a leader of the tribe of Benjamin. Also spelt Avidan, after the last name of my favourite Jewish rockstar, Leigh Daniel Avidan.

All of these names are Hebrew/Jewish origin because I myself am Jewish, and my father is natively Israeli.
"Nothing like a gunshot to the face to really mellow someone out." —Daniel Avidan

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:09 pm

My main wolf's name is Tempest, as well as my doe character in my avie. Growing up in Indiana, we had many tornado warnings and close calls, one of which being when I was 3 years old, and a tornado took out the houses across the street but skipped over ours. I've had an irrational fear and anxiety of thunderstorms and tornadoes ever since then.

However, having my two Tempest characters that are the same, yet not the same, helps me cope with my fears. I guess you could say I took a Batman route with my two girls haha
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

And the tempest is raging,

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

Beeba10
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Beeba

Post by Beeba10 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:14 pm

My current wolf that I started with very recently is called Kilon (KEE-lon), and his mate is called Jersal. They are named after characters in the novel I'm writing, and they're dragons in the novel :) one of their pups is going to be called Jocabi (Joe-KAH-bee), because that's their son's name in the novel. Not sure what I'll call the others, but they'll probably be odes to other characters in the same story - I'm thinking they'll probably be Ashai (ASH-ee, main character, grown Elf who adopts Jocabi after witnessing Kilon and Jersal's deaths), Kalebo (Kah-LAY-bow, actually Jersal's brother in the story), and Braeda (BRAY-duh, actually Jocabi's eventual mate in the novel, shh).
The name's Beeba. So I'm basically a striped sheep. Geddit? Bee-Baa.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:33 am

Well the main character I have is called Kaelmore. I don't even remember the exact meaning but it was a mash-up of two names of probably Norse or Celtic origin.

I've got some other 'alt' characters called Ash, Takoda, Crag, Amaruq, and Arktos.

Ash is named because of his fur. Takoda and Amaruq are old characters of mine; Takoda is an old main character. Crag is a desert/western/LR-themed wolf. Arktos's name means 'bear' in Greek.
Last edited by Windstrider on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:48 pm

I mainly use Grizzer. He is based off of Grizzer at the International Wolf Center. I tried to get his coat as close as possible to IRL Grizzer, too.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Nayoxii
Name: C0rgi/Shiranui

Post by Nayoxii » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 am

I've had a few wolf names but now I just stick to two or three, but I do use Shiranui more than the rest, which I got from the obvious game 'Okami' and she's been my life for many years cx

as for Koda, they're my favourite artist so I decided, why not name a character after him? he's pretty new and I have yet to start him off in a bio or roleplay, but one of these days I will get around to it.

and my final name is Zephyr, originally a german shepherd, I turned her into a sort of...hybrid? character of a wolf with some gsd features (e.g. coat wise cx), I don't even know how I got this name, it just sorta came to me one day I suppose? I don't remember seeing it anywhere, so I have no idea.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟢 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | DreamyDoggo

perenril
Name: Ril|Anna

Post by perenril » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 pm

My main character I always use Almondere, name after this account name. I honestly have no idea how i came up with the name.

These are the ones I use quite often when I'm not playing as Almond. Nightingale, Eyota, Ullok, Jarrah.

Eyotas name means "great". Ullok means..well honestly I have no idea, I saw the name somewhere and i really liked so I named one of my wolwves it. Jarrah, again i'm not sure what the names means but one of my teachers at my old primary school had a bearded dragon she would bring in sometimes and his name was Jarrah.
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾⌒0⌒⌒0⌒☽༓・⁺‧͙
»»————-  ————-««

|σн яαvεη, ωση'т үσυ sιηg мε α нαρρү sσηg?|

»»————————————————————««

->> DA ->> A Music ->> Webcam <<-

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:25 pm

My Wolf names and origins are as follows:

Dragon- Main multiplayer wolf; shares my main nickname
Amaterasu- Named after the sun goddess that you play as in Okami
Limpy- Named after a deceased feral black cat who had a messed up hind leg
Beartooth- Needed the achievements where you win stranger encounters, so I wanted a wolf with a tough sounding name so he could be a literal jerk to everyone except his mate and future pups.
Blue- Just a wolf with a dark grey (also known as blue when it comes to animals) coat
Bella- Named after my black cat, Belladonna; a friend suggested that name
Cheetah- Small yellow wolf with mostly max speed (has a limp so his teeth wouldn't be as week)
Chloe- Named after the friend's now-deceased cat
Hakudoshi- Named after an old character that technically belongs to said friend but I'll be using him in a future multiplayer session while she plays his mate.

TimberRaven
Name: I am Hugh

Post by TimberRaven » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Have one wolf, but I can't say the name or the origin because I'm always continuously modifying it. But when I first made the wolf it had 75% stamina, 75% speed, 0% strength, and its name was Penelope, a tiny, black female wolf.
Last edited by TimberRaven on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
MOOO :cow:
Spoiler:
ET phone home???
Spoiler:
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler:
Make it so.
Spoiler:
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Instead, put baking soda in it and watch it explode :twisted:
Spoiler:
Chirp's cool
Spoiler:
Owww! :wolf:
Spoiler:
It's broccoli O.O :tree:
Spoiler:
You have eyebrows
Spoiler:
You're still reading these?? *huggles*

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Post by SheWolf17 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 pm

My only wolf in WolfQuest 2.7 is called Fenrir
Fenrir, is a wolf of the nordic mythology, that was gigantic and dangerous for the nordic gods, and I just loved that wolf! :wolf:
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator
I felt like a deer in the lights

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:19 pm

My fursona right now is a wolf named Kato, which is Roman and means wise/good judgment. I know the Roman name is technically spelled Cato but I liked this spelling a bit better. I'm picky with names but I like the spelling, meaning, and sound of this one.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”