Your wolf's name and its origin?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Samber

Re: Your wolf's name and its origin?

Post by Samber » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:25 pm

My multiplayer wolves are: Accirah, Anju, Luna, Aetheria, Rhakorra, Samber.
My single player wolves are: Pesagniyah, Vohamanah, Andromeda, Gezuriya, Asteraothia, Nemamiah, Ardouisur, Chordata, Mammalia, Carnivora, Thalassa, Hesperethussa, Erythea, Hemera, Hestia, Calliope, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Ourania, Artemida, Persephone, Animalia, Azealoa, Sephora, Shiranui, Kestrel, Anahita, Armaita, Bath Kol, Barbelo, Elijah, Elemiah, Haamaiah, Lailah, Shekinah, Areptesa, Nightra, Accailia..-i have WAY more, but i'm too lazy to type XD
Last edited by Samber on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
─ are you calling me a sinner?
av©lupinz
x
X
X

not active anymore

Dork
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Dork » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:46 am

im Dork actually but i want to remake a name to my wolf

and his is Raoni... Means Warrior

Sunfrost23
Pup
Pup
Name: Veronica

Post by Sunfrost23 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:31 pm

I've had a lot of wolves... The only ones I can remember are...

Sylvana: My very first wolf on WolfQuest, I'm pretty sure. White she-wolf, mate is Coryn, but in 2.7, she became Matana's mate.
Matana: One of my earliest wolves. Strong, bright orange he-wolf. I forget his original mate's name, but when I remade him for 2.7, he became mates with Sylvana.
Eska(I think?): I'm pretty sure that was his name. He might have been a white wolf too. His mate was Raerna, and she was just about the worst mate ever. :evil:
Iron: My main multi-player wolf. Small, fast, dark gray wolf. He had a mate once, named Crystal, but then I decided that didn't go with his story so he hasn't had a mate since.
Samurai: For Samurai, another white wolf, I used the glitch to make him maxed out in both speed and strength, and I was all like, "Yeah I can take on a bull elk!" Basically, he died. Afterwards, though, he found a mate in Namara.

Sylvana, Matana, Eska, and Samurai all came from a story about white wolves I wrote a while ago. Iron I randomly made up for the game and I've been using him ever since.
Out of doubt, out of dark, to the day's rising
I came singing into the sun, sword unsheathing
To hope's end I ran, and to heart's breaking
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

~Eomer, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Lilith is my black-furred female. I call her Lilith simply because it's derived from the Arabic term for 'of the night'.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Post by twinlinskis » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:19 pm

raj's name came from my affinity to it -- where i heard it from is a mystery tbh. i later learned that it meant king in hindi, which was comically fitting since raj is literally the king of garbage.

mythra came to me when i was creating her. i wanted something that sounded mystical and slightly airy, and that just came to mind when i was writing up her biography.
............ ............
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
............ ............
sig © twinlinskis

Uzumaaki
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Uzumaaki » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:56 am

i usually go with nymeria, after the warrior queen/arya stark's wolf from game of thrones
av by theinfinite

Solkatt
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Solkatt » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:45 am

I currently use three wolves:
Nebula - I was checking out the new pelts in version 2.7, and I saw a black pelt with greyish white spots. So I thought "Oh, that looks like stars! Better give this wolf a spacey name". And the rest is history.
Mio - From my real first name
Ness - From the name of the protagonist of Earthbound

Oolimoomoo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Oolimoomoo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:46 pm

The wolf I mainly play with is a more strength built wolf, called Nova. Her pelt is mostly grey, the face being a dull chestnut. I thought of her like a strong killer, the terror in the night. When she's there, you know she is because of her howl. It is a long and haunting low howl. She doesn't fail to catch her prey. Her mate is Coal, a completely black wolf with greenish-blue eyes. I didn't think up a backstory for him though XD
R a i n

SunnySideUpSmile
Pup
Pup

Post by SunnySideUpSmile » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:33 am

Lauriane, Ryssiane, Rhyssi, Icedrop, Shadow, Star, Midnight, Night, Darkpaw.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that was given to you." ~ Gandalf the Grey, LoTR

"With great power comes great need to take a nap...wake me up later." ~ Nico di Angelo, The Last Olypmian

"...Obnoxious." Haruhi Fujioka, OHSHC
icon (c) by applexpie2

DeadWing
Pup
Pup

Post by DeadWing » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 am

Light. Her pelt is Not a light color its black and brown she got her name from her speed shes fast like lightning and also only goes fast for a short time like lightning
Av(c) Lupinz

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Grizzer.

I named him after my favourite wolf from the International Wolf Center. I haven't been there yet, but I watch their wolf cams & their webinars. Visiting the IWC is on my bucket list for sure, although sadly I don't think it will be in time to see Grizzer still alive, he's one of the older guys there.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:14 am

My character was originally named Kao but I thought that was a silly name so I created a sillier one by switching the "a" with the "o".
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Nuclearsheep
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Nuclearsheep » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:35 pm

I have Ruby and Fenrir so far.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Canis- after the scientific name for wolves, Canis lupus. (Her mate is named, well, Lupus!)
Aggie- after the periodic table's abbreiviation for silver, Ag. (Her mate is named Arthur, which is based on the abbrieiviation for gold, Au)
Violet- after the flower! (Her mate is named Aster, after another flower)
Myga- after the Mygalomorphae infraorder of spiders. (her mate, Aran is named after Araneomorphae)
Pyre- my newest wolf, it's another word for fire. He used to be a character called Flame. (His mate will be named Umbra, I think.)
Jet- as in, jet-black, because he is a pure black wolf. (His mate is named Rusty for his rusty red coat.)
Vriska- after Vriska from Homestuck. (Her mate is named Terezi.)
Ulexite- after my gemsona.
Selene- it means moon, but it has nothing to do with her coat, she's more reddish orange.

I think that's it! Hehehe!
"Hilbert! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!" ~ N Harmonia

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:26 pm

My main single player wolf's name is Bones, and my main multiplayer wolf is Raz... which makes me sound like one of the least creative people ever seen as they come from my forum name and IRL nickname, respectively. x)

Besides those two I also have Aera, Gunner, and Wes in-game. All their names are random ones I pick on the spot because who needs planning amiright??

As for my actual fleshed out characters, like that I use to rp in forums and such, there's Erratha, Rheyi, Noma, Spencer, and Maye. The only name out of that bunch that really has an origin is Spencer, who I named after the Criminal Minds character Spencer Reid!
--
► ϟϟ[ϟ]ϟϟ ◀︎
I've lost my way within this town
ϟ
බƖƦƀƠƝƎ꒚
ϟ
The tranquil ᎶᏞᎾᎳ of the song I know, it guides me
▴ ϟϟϟϟ⎶[ϟ]⎶ϟϟϟϟ ▴
--
ѕιggιє@NoyaTusk
αννιє@LupinzPack

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”