Your horrifying moments. >:D

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Mist Haven
Pup
Pup

Re: Your horrifying moments. >:D

Post by Mist Haven » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:34 pm

The worst moment for me is when you are journeying to the final destination (I'm not quite sure what that quest is called whoops) and I have all of my four pups, alive and coming with me. You would expect them to all survive, right? Wrong - they all die off, slowly one by one, and to this day, I have never finished a game with all of my pups alive whoops. And every-time one dies, I still don't expect it.
⭐◽⬜◽◾⬛◾⭐
I need the clouds to cover me
Pulling them down, surrounding me
◾⬛◾⭐◽⬜◽
Av/Sig © Sato Crow/Lupa
Lyrics © Florence & The Machine

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Post by duskypack » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:00 am

A long time ago, a shotgun terrified me as I watched my wolf fall to the ground, lifeless.

Now it only horrifies me when the eagle somehow steals a pup. I have gotten good at chasing Eagles, but when my skill fails me I just go to the previous save XD
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Scarlet Kilometers
Pup
Pup

Post by Scarlet Kilometers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:39 am

One time lighting struck a tree and set it on fire about 8 feet away from my den. At the time I didn't know that the lightning and burning trees were just cosmetic, so I was pretty freaked out. The sound of the lightning, the eagle's cutscene, and the dog's barking in the cattle ranch are still pretty scary to me, albeit mainly in a "Jump Scare" sort of way.
you can see me, right. tell me what is wrong with this picture.
--John Egbert

Kia13
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kia13 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:54 pm

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but just recently when I was playing, I died from a bear or something, and when I came back to life, you know how your dead carcass stays there for a minute? Well my disturbed mate was sitting down right in front of it, and wouldn't respond to me at all! It's like he thought I was still dead, and even if I was, I've never had a mate sit there staring at me XD That was kinda horrifying.
Hey, I'm kia13

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Post by duskypack » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Kia13 wrote:
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but just recently when I was playing, I died from a bear or something, and when I came back to life, you know how your dead carcass stays there for a minute? Well my disturbed mate was sitting down right in front of it, and wouldn't respond to me at all! It's like he thought I was still dead, and even if I was, I've never had a mate sit there staring at me XD That was kinda horrifying.
Mates don't sit, do they? You might've seen yourself or something.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:48 pm

duskypack wrote:
Kia13 wrote:
Dusky's right, mates don't sit...

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Fri May 22, 2015 8:45 pm

When my puppy Junior was taken by an eagle. Lol, I reloaded a save later though because my Mate had glitched out. I was very sad when I got the dialogue "Your puppy, Junior, will die soon."

"Your puppy, Junior, has died."

Eagles must be food.

Captain Rora
Name: Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Post by Captain Rora » Tue May 26, 2015 6:37 pm

CakeWolfy wrote:
duskypack wrote:
Kia13 wrote:
Dusky's right, mates don't sit...
I've seen my mates sit in the idle animation. And I always have a very different coloured pelt than my mate's, so it couldn't have been me.

Anyhow, a recent moment was when I was across the creek without a shallow crossing in sight, and the eagle was circling my pups REALLY LOW. My mate saved them, thankfully. I normally have good mates that care about the pups, even if they aren't particularly smart...
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

Dragonbot
Pup
Pup

Post by Dragonbot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Wow...... I think the worst moments i had were:

I was defending my pups and both a bear and a coyote targeted my FAVORITE PUPS! I chased the bear, then killed the coyote. Then i chased the bear FAAAAAAAAAAAR away. PS: While i was chasing the bear for a second time, i bit it a couple times :D

The time my mate looked almost EXACTLY like a coyote, so when she picked up my pup Tadpole, i tried to attack her :oops:

My first time at the cattle ranch :cow: . I knew what to expect, but i was terrified anyway. I had just eaten the calf when i hear all these dogs barking! I ran as fast as my paws could carry me and leaped over the fence! Actually, i only got over the fence after i smashed into it a couple times. Yaaa.... that was embarrassing. But i got back alive! I told my pups the glorious story of how i triumphantly outran the dogs and escaped back home... I just left off the part about me smashing into the fence.

To keep EVERY SINGLE PUP alive, i save the game like crazy. So if a pup dies, i can just load the last save!
What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Post by twinlinskis » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:50 pm

literally the worst thing i've ever experienced is having all of my pups die right before we reach the rendezvous point, then finding out that i didn't save at an appropriate time. meaning: my pups and i are doomed. also, the gunshot at the cattle ranch gets me every time. i can't handle it, it just makes me jump.
............ ............
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
............ ............
sig © twinlinskis

Sobakka

Post by Sobakka » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:15 pm

I found it heart breaking before when I first started playing and was swimming across with one of my pups when it then started to drown and I knew I wouldn't be able to get out fast enough. For a while after that I was very nervous about going across the river with a pup.
╔══════════════════╗
Leave one
wolf
alive and the sheep
are never
safe
╚══════════════════╝

Quote|Av©AryaStark|
LupinzPack
My Av Shop

OreoTheCookie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by OreoTheCookie » Sun May 15, 2016 12:31 pm

There are a very few moments I got horrified. Let's list them:
1. When I saw my pup run.
I've been taking my cute little puppies to the journey and then I've reached the Oxbow. I ran out of stamina and put the pup down and then it darted away. I'VE BEEN SHOCKED. My reaction was like "Ugh, coyot- Wait... IT'S MY PUP!"

2. When I first saw stranger wolf.
I was chilling with my pups and then something appeared. I first thought that it was my mate, but then it began running into me and it wrote "Stranger wolf" above. So I was like "What?.. WOAH, BACK OFF, MATE. YOU AIN'T TOUCHING MA PUPS."

These are the moments I'll never forget. :')
•◦•○◊○•◦•
Your daily memes
•◦•○◊○•◦•

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”