Southern Rival Packs Den

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

123destinycalls
Pup
Pup

Re: Southern Rival Packs Den

Post by 123destinycalls » Sun May 09, 2010 8:09 am

Is this the den you were talking about?

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5523 ... shot2v.png

here is another screenshot that i took.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3301 ... nshot1.png
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The best and most beautiful things,
must be felt with the heart -unknown
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Sun May 09, 2010 8:50 am

123destinycalls wrote:Is this the den you were talking about?

No, thats the fourth den to unlock with 25,000 xp points on you wolf

isisgirl
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Petting my pet chocolate hippo and having a very intriguing conversation with my lawn chair family

Post by isisgirl » Sun May 09, 2010 8:51 am

SierraWolf121 wrote:
123destinycalls wrote:Is this the den you were talking about?

No, thats the fourth den to unlock with 25,000 xp points on you wolf
SierraWolf121 is correct. That is the fourth den, not the mysteriouss "fifth den" But thanks for trying
Proud member of the Malido Mountains Pack!

Proud author of the stories: Ice of the Fearless, Snow Sprinkles, and the short story- When the Shadows Began to Move

Thanks for the avvie, LunaLynn! His name's Ruko

Domdom!

Aisuichi
Pup
Pup

Post by Aisuichi » Sun May 09, 2010 11:52 pm

SierraWolf121 wrote:
SierraWolf121 wrote:Ok I know that about this den you said there is NO den in the Southern pack territory which I'm starting to think this whole "den" is just another way to get attention.

Here are the clues

"I found it! But my game crashed before I could take a screenshot"
Now why would the game crash THEN and not anytime else?

"I found it! But the player ended the game before I could take a screenshot"
Signle player or your OWN open game should be perfect for the hunt why depend on another player that can end the game at ANY time?

"I found it but my screenshots aren't saving"
when taking screenshots enter only works when it is set as Primary if its set on Secondary it will not work press F1 to take a screenshot it will GURANTEE the screenshot is saved in your WolfQuest2 folder found in My Documents.
(Are they pressing the wrong button or is this attention drawn AGAIN?)

Note: According to everyone the den does NOT look like ANY of the four dens existant in the game.....this proves that there is NO glitch showing one of the four dens in a different area *cause it would look like one of them*

Given all the clues above ALOT of people are starting to think that whoever first started the rumours of a fith den was trying to get attention.

Please reply with your veiws on this "den" thank you :)

~SierraWolf121~

WQ Coordinator wrote:There is no fifth den, so yes, perhaps someone thought they saw something that looked like a den but can't show proof because now they realize it's not an actual den.
*ahem*

I am not trying to gain attention. I saw what I saw.

• My game did not crash before I could take a screenshot; it didn't crash at all in that game, although it has proven quite prone to crashing in the past.

• I was the one hosting the game.

• I run a Mac; Return (Enter) does not take screenshots at all on my computer. In fact, I recently figured out why NONE of my screenshots from WolfQuest save: F1 doesn't work either because it happens to be assigned to opening the spotlight feature of Finder, and I can't find a more suitable key to reassign that function to. With this computer, it appears I have to take screenshots in WolfQuest the same way as any other application: it must be in windowed mode, and I have to press  + Shift + 4, then press the spacebar, and click to take a screenshot. That is why the screenshots wouldn't save.

• Apparently, according to you, a number of us are nobody, because I say that it looks exactly like the Saddle Meadows den, just in the wrong place—i.e., somewhere in the eastern half of the southern rival territory. So does Alicia, and—if I read correctly—so does at least one other person on this very topic.

I personally believe it was a glitch, as I still have not been able to find it again. On top of that, I found this before the new version with the bugfixes was released, which seems to indicate a resolved bug, as far as I'm concerned.

Frankly, I find it downright insulting that people will call me a spotlight-hungry liar for reporting a glitch/strange find without a screenshot. Remind me not to make that mistake again.
Lycari
Mate to Finch -- Alpha Female of Xykin Outcrop

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Mon May 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Aisuichi wrote:
SierraWolf121 wrote:
SierraWolf121 wrote:Ok I know that about this den you said there is NO den in the Southern pack territory which I'm starting to think this whole "den" is just another way to get attention.

Here are the clues

"I found it! But my game crashed before I could take a screenshot"
Now why would the game crash THEN and not anytime else?

"I found it! But the player ended the game before I could take a screenshot"
Signle player or your OWN open game should be perfect for the hunt why depend on another player that can end the game at ANY time?

"I found it but my screenshots aren't saving"
when taking screenshots enter only works when it is set as Primary if its set on Secondary it will not work press F1 to take a screenshot it will GURANTEE the screenshot is saved in your WolfQuest2 folder found in My Documents.
(Are they pressing the wrong button or is this attention drawn AGAIN?)

Note: According to everyone the den does NOT look like ANY of the four dens existant in the game.....this proves that there is NO glitch showing one of the four dens in a different area *cause it would look like one of them*

Given all the clues above ALOT of people are starting to think that whoever first started the rumours of a fith den was trying to get attention.

Please reply with your veiws on this "den" thank you :)

~SierraWolf121~

WQ Coordinator wrote:There is no fifth den, so yes, perhaps someone thought they saw something that looked like a den but can't show proof because now they realize it's not an actual den.
*ahem*

I am not trying to gain attention. I saw what I saw.

• My game did not crash before I could take a screenshot; it didn't crash at all in that game, although it has proven quite prone to crashing in the past.

• I was the one hosting the game.

• I run a Mac; Return (Enter) does not take screenshots at all on my computer. In fact, I recently figured out why NONE of my screenshots from WolfQuest save: F1 doesn't work either because it happens to be assigned to opening the spotlight feature of Finder, and I can't find a more suitable key to reassign that function to. With this computer, it appears I have to take screenshots in WolfQuest the same way as any other application: it must be in windowed mode, and I have to press  + Shift + 4, then press the spacebar, and click to take a screenshot. That is why the screenshots wouldn't save.

• Apparently, according to you, a number of us are nobody, because I say that it looks exactly like the Saddle Meadows den, just in the wrong place—i.e., somewhere in the eastern half of the southern rival territory. So does Alicia, and—if I read correctly—so does at least one other person on this very topic.

I personally believe it was a glitch, as I still have not been able to find it again. On top of that, I found this before the new version with the bugfixes was released, which seems to indicate a resolved bug, as far as I'm concerned.

Frankly, I find it downright insulting that people will call me a spotlight-hungry liar for reporting a glitch/strange find without a screenshot. Remind me not to make that mistake again.
Ok well you werent the FIRST one to see the "den" I want talking about YOU I was talking about the first person who saw the den which I do not know their username the first person stated it didnt look exactly like saddle meadows I wasnt even talking about it being a glitch I'm talking about people who think there is a fith then and are absoulutly sure its not a glitch ok? I did not send that message about people who think it was a glitch. I was NOT talking about one signal person no need to get defensive about it

EDIT: To take a screenshot press Print Screen found on your keyboard then open up Word, Photoshop ect. press paste and save it

SweetDovasary
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SweetDovasary » Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Maybe it is a glitch. I havent been able to find it sadly, and i have tried.
..............Dove

..... What they think
... Is not what I should
...... What they want
.... Is not what I would
I am Dove and no they are not
What they think is not so hot
.... So whatever happens
..... I will not give up
........ Even if I am
........ Still just a pup

Angei
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Angei » Mon May 10, 2010 4:15 pm

No way! Another den? Well, thats very interesting, I hope to someday find it. Thank you for the directions BTW. :D
    • -=≡Jewel≡=-
    ==========
    ==========
    av(c)thandi
I am only 8 so i am not that good at spelling

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Mon May 10, 2010 5:36 pm

just wondering,if you find this den at the beginning of the game,in the "find a den" mission,do you get an option to choose it as your den?

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Mon May 10, 2010 6:38 pm

jaguartail wrote:just wondering,if you find this den at the beginning of the game,in the "find a den" mission,do you get an option to choose it as your den?
No, because the den doesnt exist it's just a glitch.

Angei
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Angei » Tue May 11, 2010 3:10 pm

I am so stinking confused. Is this den real or hoax?

Also Cana, can you provide some pics of the look alike den??
:roll:
    • -=≡Jewel≡=-
    ==========
    ==========
    av(c)thandi

isisgirl
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Petting my pet chocolate hippo and having a very intriguing conversation with my lawn chair family

Post by isisgirl » Tue May 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Azaur wrote:I am so stinking confused. Is this den real or hoax?

Also Cana, can you provide some pics of the look alike den??
:roll:
it is a glitch. It does not exist, and as fare as I know, there are no pics of it.
Proud member of the Malido Mountains Pack!

Proud author of the stories: Ice of the Fearless, Snow Sprinkles, and the short story- When the Shadows Began to Move

Thanks for the avvie, LunaLynn! His name's Ruko

Domdom!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Tue May 11, 2010 6:14 pm

this was probably just a very unusual,once-in-a-lifetime sort of glitch. if i find anything,i will post a screenshot,but at the moment it appears as though this is just yet another rumor.

Angei
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Angei » Tue May 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Grrr. . . Whoever created this probably wanted to annoy the heck out of everyone. . . :evil:
    • -=≡Jewel≡=-
    ==========
    ==========
    av(c)thandi

shadowwolf966
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shadowwolf966 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:17 pm

OK people, I really don't understand why this topic is not locked yet.

Let me get this straight:

A- there IS no rival pack den, Sky Eclipse PMed Cana and she said there was no intentional rival den.
B- what you guys are probally seeing is the 5th special goodie den.
C- For a glitch, it seems like an awful lot of people have seen it.... which means when push comes to shove that a lot of people really did not see it. (Not trying to call anybody liars here, people. :))

Again, THERE IS NO RIVAL PACK DEN!
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Shadow, proud to be a Tafuria of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../...........//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Siggie (c) Alpha Female

Angei
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Angei » Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Hmmm. . . I just wish that I could see it. Would'nt it be cool for on multiplayer and singleplayer to have
more dens to choose from? Also the "5th Den" is not a den bye the way, only sumthing that looks like a den. :wink:
    • -=≡Jewel≡=-
    ==========
    ==========
    av(c)thandi

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”