Southern Rival Packs Den

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Anakai
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Southern Rival Packs Den

Post by Anakai » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:12 pm

it is a GLITCH.
Anakai

Member of the Black Bloods
Fear us

Special Black Bloods Icon by Stray Fang

isisgirl
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Petting my pet chocolate hippo and having a very intriguing conversation with my lawn chair family

Post by isisgirl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Relax, no need to type in caps. We all know that is a glitch by now, but some of us still want to look for it anyways, just for fun.
Proud member of the Malido Mountains Pack!

Proud author of the stories: Ice of the Fearless, Snow Sprinkles, and the short story- When the Shadows Began to Move

Thanks for the avvie, LunaLynn! His name's Ruko

Domdom!

yourlilemogirl
Pup
Pup

Post by yourlilemogirl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:31 am

Jazzman wrote:
beky96 wrote:I tried to find the ''whole'' but,when there is one, do you just pass trough it or you need to jump or something ?
And Tiny, where did you find it ?
I tried to find the hole too jumping and wagging and howling and jumping again several times. I followed the whole border of the map and found areas I can't enter just to mark them on the map below and searched these holes for hours. *cries*

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8554/f ... narea1.jpg
i have found that right around here
http://img38.imagefra.me/img/img38/8/8/ ... 3daee3.png
is where the rivals leaves a trail that is always ~4-5 mins old. it goes up into the wall where there is a bit of a gap in the walls. Now, when i go into the gap, i can follow the trail a lil bit more, but another wall hits me, so more of the trail is just out of reach. Perhaps the glitch "den" is somewhere at the end of this trail? the trail and gap are in the edited above picture.

Has anyone actually had a social encounter with a rival wolf in SC anyway? I've found (before pups) that all the trails lead nowhere and vanish >.<

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Kali

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:21 am

The trails are suppose to vanish off the edge of the map since your not suppose to meet any rival wolf packs. Once you have a territory and pups, then you'll see the other wolves (as they chase you out of their territory if you go in).
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

isisgirl
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Petting my pet chocolate hippo and having a very intriguing conversation with my lawn chair family

Post by isisgirl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:16 am

yourlilemogirl wrote:
Jazzman wrote:
beky96 wrote:I tried to find the ''whole'' but,when there is one, do you just pass trough it or you need to jump or something ?
And Tiny, where did you find it ?
I tried to find the hole too jumping and wagging and howling and jumping again several times. I followed the whole border of the map and found areas I can't enter just to mark them on the map below and searched these holes for hours. *cries*

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8554/f ... narea1.jpg
i have found that right around here
http://img38.imagefra.me/img/img38/8/8/ ... 3daee3.png
is where the rivals leaves a trail that is always ~4-5 mins old. it goes up into the wall where there is a bit of a gap in the walls. Now, when i go into the gap, i can follow the trail a lil bit more, but another wall hits me, so more of the trail is just out of reach. Perhaps the glitch "den" is somewhere at the end of this trail? the trail and gap are in the edited above picture.

Has anyone actually had a social encounter with a rival wolf in SC anyway? I've found (before pups) that all the trails lead nowhere and vanish >.<
Thanks for the map! I didn't even know that there was a gap in the wall...

Proud author of the stories: Ice of the Fearless, Snow Sprinkles, and the short story- When the Shadows Began to Move

Domdom!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 am

Alpha Female wrote:The trails are suppose to vanish off the edge of the map since your not suppose to meet any rival wolf packs. Once you have a territory and pups, then you'll see the other wolves (as they chase you out of their territory if you go in).
I believe you can go into other woves territories without being chased out until the final journey...

NightCreed
Pup
Pup

Post by NightCreed » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:41 am

I also remember coming across the den, though I didnt know you could make it your den when the right number of experiance points were achieved. I believe I found it while on my way to the Cattle Ranch.
When everything's
coming your way,
you're in the wrong lane.

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:26 pm

NightCreed wrote:I also remember coming across the den, though I didnt know you could make it your den when the right number of experiance points were achieved. I believe I found it while on my way to the Cattle Ranch.
Again were not talking about that den, were talking about a fake one that you cant make you den. Ever. Its not a tree den, its a rock den.

isisgirl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by isisgirl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:35 pm

oxoDestinyoxo wrote:
NightCreed wrote:I also remember coming across the den, though I didnt know you could make it your den when the right number of experiance points were achieved. I believe I found it while on my way to the Cattle Ranch.
Again were not talking about that den, were talking about a fake one that you cant make you den. Ever. Its not a tree den, its a rock den.
Thank you, oxoDestinyoxo. That is true. I will be honest and say that people who are going to post a comment on this topic need to review some of the earlier posts, so that maybe people will stop talking about the 4th den, rather than the nonexsistent den that we are talking about. The den we are talking about is indeed, a rock den, such as the Aspen Heights den.

Domdom!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:47 pm

isisgirl wrote:
oxoDestinyoxo wrote:
Thank you, oxoDestinyoxo. That is true. I will be honest and say that people who are going to post a comment on this topic need to review some of the earlier posts, so that maybe people will stop talking about the 4th den, rather than the nonexsistent den that we are talking about. The den we are talking about is indeed, a rock den, such as the Aspen Heights den.
Indeed. it is a glitch den that shows up at random moments that is supposedly located in a usually unaccessable part of the southern wolf territory. it is in the style of the saddle meadows and aspen heights dens and cannot be made your pack's den.

yourlilemogirl
Pup
Pup

Post by yourlilemogirl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 pm

I think what's also making people confused is because we keep calling the 4th den the Glitchy den,, and they see that we're talking about a Glitch den, therefore assuming we're talking about the Slough Creek Den. :?: :?: :?:

Alakaru_1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Mia or Momo

Post by Alakaru_1 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:30 pm

yourlilemogirl wrote:I think what's also making people confused is because we keep calling the 4th den the Glitchy den,, and they see that we're talking about a Glitch den, therefore assuming we're talking about the Slough Creek Den. :?: :?: :?:
Yeah, I agree.
I'm still not sure whether this fifth den is real or not, but nonetheless, I'm still looking for it. Searching for it gives me something to do in my freetime.

isisgirl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by isisgirl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Alakaru_1 wrote:
yourlilemogirl wrote:I think what's also making people confused is because we keep calling the 4th den the Glitchy den,, and they see that we're talking about a Glitch den, therefore assuming we're talking about the Slough Creek Den. :?: :?: :?:
Yeah, I agree.
I'm still not sure whether this fifth den is real or not, but nonetheless, I'm still looking for it. Searching for it gives me something to do in my freetime.
It is not real. It is a glitch, and that has been confirmed by Cana, or at least that is what I remember being posted on this topic. Anyways, I must say it is fun to sometimes search for it anyways when you get bored...

Domdom!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:50 pm

well, you can always try to generate the glitch.

ara-tun
Pup
Pup

Post by ara-tun » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 pm

I vaguely recall seeing it and thinking "Oh, that's neat, the other territories have dens too", but now I'm not sure if this is a real memory or if I thought too hard and created it. It likely was fixed with the new release, which is a shame. I think it would be neat to have more dens for Multiplayer , and it would have been a lovely Easter Egg for Single Player. (Personally, I think it would be neat to have more unlockable den sites, like at the Lone Pine Tree, or to have different rendezvous sites for different dens.) I'll probably keep looking for it whenever I remember to, but I don't think any of us will find it anymore.
"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood."
- Marie Curie

deviantART: http://ara-tun.deviantart.com/

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”