Southern Rival Packs Den

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Jayness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Southern Rival Packs Den

Post by Jayness » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:29 pm

I do admit it would be nise to have easter eggs in the game to add up for some nice surprises.
Maybe there could be a deer, or a heart shaped rock or something. =)
..................αsριηε
......ωσℓfqυεsт cσммυηιтy мεмвεя

..Why run if you're already skinny?

Previously Aspine
──────────────────────────────

Duskwolf11
Pup
Pup

Post by Duskwolf11 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:14 pm

I followed the scent tail from the map, (Thanks for posting that :mrgreen: ) Jumped to ger a little farther, and I saw something in the destance that looked like it would be the are of a socal arena or den. Maybe In the next game, the gap could lead to another map! And at the end of the scent trail could be a den that you would have to battle for! (Sorry if this is off topic XD) But I did see something, (Darn I wish I got a screenshot :cry: )
'The scorpian plunged his stunger into the bird's back. "Why?" She cried, "Now we shall both die!" "Yes, but no matter what we say or do, nature is the one we shall turn to."'

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:33 pm

this is interesting ill have to look into it i think im going den hunting tomarrow i have memmerized the locations of all four dens but i have never heard of this one ill have to do a search tomarrow ill take a screen shot and post it here
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

Alpha Wolf Kat
Pup
Pup

Post by Alpha Wolf Kat » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:56 am

Alrighty, first of all - hello and thank you for making this topic, sharing it with us! :3

I got very interested into this topic, and after reading all of your comments, i decided to reply myself. As soon as I saw every reply to this topic, I decided to go for a little walk with my wolf Kat on WQ, in the search for the mysterious 5th den. :)

Now, I want to tell you I play WQ for a long time, and my exp. are 150.500 *is proud* :mrgreen:
Yes... They are EARNED, not CHEATED. Just so you know... :D

I followed the scent trails *Thank you for posting that* and when I got to the invisible 'wall', I jumped.
Theese are the screenshots I took, while jumping; I thought many of you would be interested in viewing them:
*CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO ZOOM IN* :mrgreen:

http://yfrog.com/8bwolfquestscreenshot27p
http://yfrog.com/gowolfquestscreenshot16p
http://yfrog.com/6pwolfquestscreenshot20p
http://yfrog.com/mxwolfquestscreenshot9p

IF you noticed anything, please save the picture, you have my permission, mark what you noticed with a red circle, and post the link as a reply.
Pictures © to me (I don't want anyone copying them saying they are theirs, saying the exp. are their... Please, understand)
WQ © to WolfQuest

EDIT: Yes, I forgot to say.. the game did lagged a bit while jumping. And the screen did kinda move.. so it's possible I caught the 'den' on the screenshots, but cant see it ^^
*H*elp === Alpha Wolf Kat.===
*O*ur === Always Happy ===
*W*olves === Will die for the pack. ===
*L*live !!!

--_,.. I live I die I howl for Canyon Cliffs. My territory is my life! ..,_--

ara-tun
Pup
Pup

Post by ara-tun » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:23 am

That's pretty neat. After you jumped, were you transported back to your starting area, or were you able to stay where you jumped?
"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood."
- Marie Curie

deviantART: http://ara-tun.deviantart.com/

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 pm

That is indeed neat. Was Kat the black wolf, or the cow-like animal in the distance in most of the screenshots?
And to anyone else still active on the forums that says they have seen the den, were they able to get close enough to it (like the other, "real" dens), or was it just out of reach, outside the range of the map?
I'll have to look around that area next time I play WolfQuest...perhaps the Team has given us something else to search for. ^^
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Alpha Wolf Kat
Pup
Pup

Post by Alpha Wolf Kat » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:40 pm

ara-tun wrote:That's pretty neat. After you jumped, were you transported back to your starting area, or were you able to stay where you jumped?
I was transported to the starting area ^^
BooboosPiggy wrote:That is indeed neat. Was Kat the black wolf, or the cow-like animal in the distance in most of the screenshots?
And to anyone else still active on the forums that says they have seen the den, were they able to get close enough to it (like the other, "real" dens), or was it just out of reach, outside the range of the map?
I'll have to look around that area next time I play WolfQuest...perhaps the Team has given us something else to search for. ^^

Kat is my Fursona, my OC, and she is the cow-like animal/wolf in the distance XD
I was jumping with her, as I was playing with her :3
The black wolf is her mate :3
*H*elp === Alpha Wolf Kat.===
*O*ur === Always Happy ===
*W*olves === Will die for the pack. ===
*L*live !!!

--_,.. I live I die I howl for Canyon Cliffs. My territory is my life! ..,_--

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Instead of pondering, someone stick some pictures up.
You walk like a storm, and I will follow.

MaxRide
Pup
Pup

Post by MaxRide » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:28 pm

I would post the pic but it won't let me... :|
~maxness~
αvvιε art (c) xxmoonfeatherxx, thanks! C:
"When you love someone, always write their name in a circle because hearts can be broken, and circles go on forever." ~anonymous

MaxRide
Pup
Pup

Post by MaxRide » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 pm

It wouldn't let me upload mine but I found someone else's!
http://ravessy.deviantart.com/art/Wolf- ... -163328129
Hope this helped!
~maxness~
αvvιε art (c) xxmoonfeatherxx, thanks! C:
"When you love someone, always write their name in a circle because hearts can be broken, and circles go on forever." ~anonymous

isisgirl
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Petting my pet chocolate hippo and having a very intriguing conversation with my lawn chair family

Post by isisgirl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:24 pm

MaxRide wrote:It wouldn't let me upload mine but I found someone else's!
http://ravessy.deviantart.com/art/Wolf- ... -163328129
Hope this helped!
That is not the mysterious 5th den. That is the 4th den, I believe. The 5th den isn't a tree den, if I remember this discussion correctly... Unfortunately, probably no one out there has a screenshot of it...
Proud member of the Malido Mountains Pack!

Proud author of the stories: Ice of the Fearless, Snow Sprinkles, and the short story- When the Shadows Began to Move

Thanks for the avvie, LunaLynn! His name's Ruko

Domdom!

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:02 pm

ZippyWizard wrote:Instead of pondering, someone stick some pictures up.
The problem with that is that it's more a glitch than it is a real thing, and running into it is rare. People have had doubts that it even exists because it's so incredibly impossible to find.

In honesty I believe that it might have been a misinterpretation of location, sort of like when I really get into something and vaguely remember any details besides what I was focused/stinking out on, and only registering what I had been doing a few moments before that and having no recollection of what happened in between.

The area in the southern corner of the map is green and hilly. Areas around Aspen Heights and Saddle Meadows are, at certain angles, green and hilly.

It's possible that one of those dens was stumbled on and that they just zoned in on the den and not what was around it besides the green and aspen trees.

I'm only expressing my opinion on it, since I've done what I've described numerous times while looking for this mysterious den. :/
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:59 am

Yeah, this den's glitchy.Never used it, but I've heard of people who have and it was a baad story.I found the den, you know where the map says "Slough Creek?" That's around where it is.I'd post a screenshot, I've got one somewhere around my computer, but I don't know how to put pics up.It's not that hard to find and fun to visit, just don't use it.
[EDIT:I was talking about the Slough Creek Den...is that the same thing?]
You walk like a storm, and I will follow.

isisgirl
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Petting my pet chocolate hippo and having a very intriguing conversation with my lawn chair family

Post by isisgirl » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:10 am

ZippyWizard wrote:Yeah, this den's glitchy.Never used it, but I've heard of people who have and it was a baad story.I found the den, you know where the map says "Slough Creek?" That's around where it is.I'd post a screenshot, I've got one somewhere around my computer, but I don't know how to put pics up.It's not that hard to find and fun to visit, just don't use it.
[EDIT:I was talking about the Slough Creek Den...is that the same thing?]
No, it is not. We have said this many times... this den is not the 4th den. It is a non-existent 5th den that has been seen by some in the southern rival pack's territory, but, (and even Cana has said so) that the den is most likely a glitch, not a real den.
Proud member of the Malido Mountains Pack!

Proud author of the stories: Ice of the Fearless, Snow Sprinkles, and the short story- When the Shadows Began to Move

Thanks for the avvie, LunaLynn! His name's Ruko

Domdom!

Miyaoka

Post by Miyaoka » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 am

Funny, the scent trail on my game is somewhere else, and doesn't lead to the hole. I found it anyway, except all that was there were a couple of stranger wolves just outside the invisible wall of doom. They were running really fast in place, and I had to jump to engage them. They kicked my wolf's rump, so when I tried to run away my game crashed.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”