Southern Rival Packs Den

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Southern Rival Packs Den

Post by Katherine Vampire » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:14 am

I haven't heard of this den... maybe I should search for it sometimes. I'm sure if I found it, I'll take a picture and show you!

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:42 am

I'm pretty positive there is no den. No one has ever provided proof of a den, the WolfQuest team has never mentioned it - I don't even see why they would bother with making a den in a rival pack's territory if it just sits there looking pretty. In my 4 years on WolfQuest with many rumors about "dens" in both Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek, none of them have been true.
Bone Shatter wrote:I haven't played the new Single Player version of WolfQuest, so I'm standing by it unless you can prove that it needs to be "unlocked". :U
WQ Coordinator wrote:As you play WolfQuest, complete the missions, hunt, and interact with other wolves, you earn experience points, shown in your player badge (near the top left of your game screen) and in your player stats. As you earn points, new things should become available to you within the game. Here’s what’s programmed:
  • •1500 points- you can name your pups
    •6000 points- your ‘pee prowess’ goes up 1 level (each level reduces the number of territory markings required by about 15-20%)
    •10,000 points- pee prowess level 2
    •25,000 points- unlock a 4th den choice & pee prowess level 3
    •50,000 points- unlock the ability to have a pure white pup & pee prowess level 4
    •75,000 points- pee prowess level 5
What are experience points and what do they do?:
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34830

That is the Slough Creek den, exactly what Fern7 explained, Bone Shatter. Hence why it is near Slough Creek. It is completely unlockable when you have 25,000 XP and it is considered a den by the WolfQuest team. The den been around since the release of episode 2, so it is not new to the 2.5 update.
Here is more then enough proof that it needs to be unlocked, the pop-up also explains where the den is located (exactly where your screenshots are taken)...

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9480/s ... unlock.png

And a topic to discuss the Slough Creek den...

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:52 am

Croix wrote:I'm pretty positive there is no den. No one has ever provided proof of a den, the WolfQuest team has never mentioned it - I don't even see why they would bother with making a den in a rival pack's territory if it just sits there looking pretty. In my 4 years on WolfQuest with many rumors about "dens" in both Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek, none of them have been true.
Good points Croix. I am adding on here: I dont think the WolfQuest team would spend money on a den den that will never be used by the players themselves. As Croix said, it would sit there and look pretty. It wouldnt stand to any use to the players so why use the minimal funding to create a useless den. I dont doubt that people have claimed to have found it, although i dont believe it was purposely made a den by the team. Perhaps it is a bundle of rocks with a tree, mirroring the image of the other dens.
If anyone finds it and sends in a screenshot, i may change my mind. But until then, im afraid i am not in support of this extra den.
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

gabrilagg

Post by gabrilagg » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 am

I agree, Croix. Never on Amethyst Mountain I saw a den, neither on MultiPlayer. Just on single player on Slough Creek there was a a fourth Den, when I was there, the pups started walking to other one. There are no avaible dens on MultiPlayer, since mates for pups are not allowed. So eyah, the fourth den is only on Singe Player :]

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 am

Croix, you are right.
All of you made me enter the game and considering I had many points, I unlocked the last den...
There is no other "secret" den... to be more sure, I went on Youtube and Google and tried to search for it... no result...

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 pm

I'm glad more then one person agrees with me. I'm pretty tired of hearing things about non-existent dens and places in both AM and SC.
Katherine Vampire wrote:There is no other "secret" den... to be more sure, I went on Youtube and Google and tried to search for it... no result...
YouTube is never the best place to look for... Anything related to WolfQuest really. Most people on there don't know what they are talking about.
Most "secret den" videos are just about the Slough Creek den, which isn't really a secret.

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Croix wrote:I'm glad more then one person agrees with me. I'm pretty tired of hearing things about non-existent dens and places in both AM and SC.
Katherine Vampire wrote:There is no other "secret" den... to be more sure, I went on Youtube and Google and tried to search for it... no result...
YouTube is never the best place to look for... Anything related to WolfQuest really. Most people on there don't know what they are talking about.
Most "secret den" videos are just about the Slough Creek den, which isn't really a secret.
I agree with you again, many people know how to edit videos... they can make a "new secret" den out of something...
Probably people call the SC den " The Secret Den "...

Koroda
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Koroda » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch, but it's just my opinion. I've searched a lot, yet I still haven't found anything.
Just because you can't see it, it doesn't mean its not there.
I learned that thing from somewhere, but I don't know, but it may prove a point here. I'm still not sure whether or not to believe this yet. It's just my opinion.
I am Koroda,
A coelacanth fish.
While you humans die,
I'll still be here....

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:49 am

There isn't another den in the bison cut-off area, it's just that large tree den. There is a glitch though, where you can get beyond the end of the 'invisible wall' just by jumping and jumping until you get through. Though I won't waste my breath typing and trying to clear that up. but for secret, it's hard to get out of that area -.- so I recommend don't try it. https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/image ... IcZOET9mL4 (the area is in the bottom right hand corner of the map, to get to that specific area where it's like an inch in, or foot, you have to walk along the invisible wall)
Anyways, since everyone is spelling out, the so called 'secret den' is basically the 'Slough Creek' den. right along the river, where the words 'Slough Creek' are aligned.
So technically, this secret den, that no one seems to find, must be that glitched area I talked about above, cuz no one can really get to you, and the only way out, is where you came in, but it takes patience and a lot of jumping fyi
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Croix wrote:I'm pretty positive there is no den. No one has ever provided proof of a den, the WolfQuest team has never mentioned it - I don't even see why they would bother with making a den in a rival pack's territory if it just sits there looking pretty. In my 4 years on WolfQuest with many rumors about "dens" in both Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek, none of them have been true.
I am going to agree with you, Croix. No person has ever came up with any kind of proof of a secret den and anyone that thinks they have found it doesn't know much about the SC den.
Creator of Return of the Pack project
http://moca.games/

Phantom Blackshadow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Phantom Blackshadow » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm doing my own tests on this right now, just to see if I can find it, but I find that others should be very careful when they dismiss this all as a lie. There are very interesting glitches in this game, and unfortunetely, since the game has been updated, we really can't replicate the exact circumstances that were required for this one to happen when the others found it. This is due to the fact that, even if we were to uninstall 2.5 and reinstall 2.03 (as I just did to try and search for the glitch), we cannot access multiplayer, where the glitch was found. And it is uncertain if it will show up in singleplayer, as more glitches tend to happen in multiplayer, I've noticed.

My theory is that it was a "mirror" glitch, reflecting the image of one of the other dens in the wrong place, and when the game was updated for 2.5, the glitch was fixed, if unintentionally, as the team seems unaware of it, which is why no one can find it now. I'll try and find it in singleplayer on 2.03, but chances are slim.

It'd certainly be cool to find it, though.

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:28 pm

I do believe, that a glitching den would be kinda impossible. And if it will be real, then it will be a real big glitch, to be honest. I tried to find this den in SP, and never found it. I actually got the albino pup and the SC den... so I don't think a new den would appear.
But to be more sure, I suggest you should private message Cana and ask her if a new den really exist in the game.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:33 am

Katherine Vampire wrote:I do believe, that a glitching den would be kinda impossible. And if it will be real, then it will be a real big glitch, to be honest. I tried to find this den in SP, and never found it. I actually got the albino pup and the SC den... so I don't think a new den would appear.
But to be more sure, I suggest you should private message Cana and ask her if a new den really exist in the game.
Point Taken. It's true, that others have listened, and would search just because, they take a glance at what others have to say.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Phantom Blackshadow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Phantom Blackshadow » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Cana already said it's not a real den. It just resembles a den, because it's probably just a major glitch from the (let me repeat) PREVIOUS VERSION of the game. As in, of course you can't find it in the new installment, because they updated and removed so many bugs. This mock-den, however, was in Multiplayer, and probably would never be like an accessable den. Maybe one of the dens was placed there in an earlier coding of Slough Creek, and when it glitched out, it just showed it again. Those who saw it did say that their game lagged a lot before seeing it.

I'm trying to dismiss your accusations of "I can't see it, so it must not exist and everyone must be lying", due to the fact that, remember, we cannot access the previous, glitchier version of Slough Creek's multiplayer. So, yeah, we probably won't ever see it again. It'll probably remain a mystery, but I don't want to dismiss the very earnest claims of those who've said they've seen it just because we, with updated versions of the game, of course can't see what they did with a previous version.

Black Velvet
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Black Velvet » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:20 pm

This sounds like a WQ myth/urban legend. I've gone out there in multiplayer to search for it myself, but found nothing. I couldn't find anything that looks like a den out there in the south rival territory... with all that searching, I would have a better chance of finding big foot out there :P
Like some others said, it may just be a game glitch or something. I really don't know.
Black velvet and that little boy's smile
Black velvet with that slow southern style
A new religion that'll bring ya to your knees
Black velvet if you please
-Alannah Myles

Author of "Silent Meadows"

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”