What bugs did you find?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Bamajellybean
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: What bugs did you find?

Post by Bamajellybean » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 pm

I like the Speed Glitch Too :D

But i hate loops
Hanging Out with My Best Friend!
Reading My Favorite Books!

Bamajellybean
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Bamajellybean » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:05 pm

W00T! Speed Glitch Rules!
Hanging Out with My Best Friend!
Reading My Favorite Books!

Silver Shadow
Pup
Pup

Post by Silver Shadow » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:23 pm

(Double post...)

The most funny glitch that ever happened to me was that I peed from my ribs onto my spazzing pup! The pee kept flowing until I saved and reloaded. XD

A pack is like fudge...
Mostly sweet with a few nuts...

SAVE Invader Zim!!! Buy the Operation Doom DVD!!!

Thanks Snowfire of Web Earth Online for my avatar!

()_()
(.)
( \ \)3 <---Fear BuNNY!

Doctor Goebbels
Pup
Pup

Post by Doctor Goebbels » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:24 am

The speed glitch is hilarious. x] So is the one when your wolf starts licking itself - but it still has a puppy in it's mouth.
"Even vagrant thoughts originate someplace, and such fears aren't without basis. After all, the guilty know well who they are. They know what they've done. And so do we. Sleep with one eye open. The rain may fall sooner than you think."

Saphfire
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Saphfire » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:06 pm

I have noticed on MP that people have found out how to glitch, i don't know how though(like what buttons they press).
also I have howled and walked at the same time.
And one time I went to MP and two wolves were frozen and there were four rabbits stuck trying to run away, me and another wolf killed them. :D
.........................We Talk As One
................We're Where We're Ment To Be

............Leaders Die, But Packs Live Forever

....» ШΣ λЯΣ ŦHΣ OПΣ AПD OПLY SШIFŦ ЯIVΣЯ PλCK «

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30926

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:45 pm

My wolf was being "dragged" by my mate at one point; I had howled to get my mate to drop the pup (which caused another glitch but it's nothing exciting :)) and picked up the glitching pup. When my mate had the pup, he had been running, and as soon as I picked the pup up, I was being "dragged" around. My wolf went into stalk/walk/run/ modes and started "spazzing" out.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

OoBlueBubbleWolfoO
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by OoBlueBubbleWolfoO » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:17 am

the only glitch i have found in the game is the glitching slough creek den, i had 30,846 or so Experience points, which unlocked the den, i felt like trying it out, but when i went to the cattle ranch, my pups wondered off to the Bison Peak den, and acted as if that was our den. XD

~Im Going to Send A bug Report for this glitch~
Im a Rather Childish person at times, but my bubbly nature makes me, me! Im OoBlueBubbleWolfoO, A Proud Wolfquest Community Forum User!

If you want to get to know me, don't be shy, i don't bite! send me a message ^-^

Kayama
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kayama » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 am

Kivia wrote:While I was in the middle of a wolf encounter, I pressed "p", and my wolf shot off. xD I did this three times, and what would happen is that the camera would stay fixed where the wolf encounter was, but my wolf would just zoom by the screen when I was controlling it. Then a bear came, and then the camera was fixed on my wolf that was moving at a fixed speed, but the body didn't move; I have a video of it, but I'll have to post it when I get home.
I had that bug before and it was annoying that i couldnt save my game :c but it was amusing XD i was curious about what happens when i "p" in a wolf encounter and i learned x.x

There is this bug where your mate is holding the pup and the pup keeps glitching from the ground and back to the mates mouth :o nothing great i guess :P

....(\_/)
....{. ."-;
..../....\
\_(.)_.\_\_

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Kayama wrote: There is this bug where your mate is holding the pup and the pup keeps glitching from the ground and back to the mates mouth :o nothing great i guess :P
I've had that one serveral times; didn't get a chance to report it. Though I've been seening it less and less; in fact, I don't think I've seen it in the newer version.

Morgrin
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Morgrin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:43 pm

This glitch happened with the updated verison.

My mate was stuck running around in a circle as my pup was being thrown around in the air around my den. I have a video and I am soon going to report the glitch.
White Fire; Literate RPG Wolf Pack
http://joinwhitefire.wetpaint.com

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:44 am

Morgrin wrote:This glitch happened with the updated verison.

My mate was stuck running around in a circle as my pup was being thrown around in the air around my den. I have a video and I am soon going to report the glitch.
That's interesting; I think that's happened a couple times to me, but it hasn't happened recently. I feel bad for your pup; being thrown around by your mate. That's no fun. (:

wolflover1
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolflover1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Sometimes when I finish the final mission on SC and then try to play a newly-made character on AM, I can't turn and I can only go around in circles. (I'm sure other people have experienced this bug, too). It also happens if I try to play with old wolf characters on SC. (e.g. it happens if I try to load a game from 6/28/08).
"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice, to deceive!"
-Walter Scott; Marmion

Snakes rock.

I A Series of Unfortunate Events!

Jazzman
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Jazzman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 am

Wow, my mate freaked out today! o.O

I was hunting like everytime, but after I killed the first elk, my mate walked around it in circles without stopping. So I had to hunt alone now. I went to the herd and chased an other elk, got hungry, but there was a bear I had to chase of. Suddenly I saw a grey shadow running beside me and noticed that it was my mate chasing my elk! I spent minutes to reach him to fight down the elk he bit several times. Then, my mate died and become normal again.

But a few minutes later, on another hunt, he began to circle the dead elk again. On my lonely way to the herd a coyote appeared, a very, very slow coyote, so I killed it fast. And then my mate came and began circle around the dead coyote-.- I went to a new appeared elk herd and run staight in it and picked a third elk. Sometimes I looked on the map to see what my mate is doing and saw his blue point near the creek. I closed the map and searched his name bar. He was chasing another elk! I didn't want to loose my elk so I chased it in the direction my mate ran. After ten minutes or something I killed it and went to follow the scent trail of my mates elk. I ran along the maps corner and finaly saw him miles away. I had to howl to make him stop, but after that he walked incredible slowly towards the elk (which had full health) I left my mate to bite the elk, but with the first bite my mate came running again and bit the elk. After the elk fell his heart was pure white but my mate kept circling the carcass. I tried to make him stop be wagging my tail, and then he was like the wolves in MP when the game crashes. Each time I run into him he slides over the ground, so I moved him to the creek. But instead of going under he began floating four meters over my head o.O
I'm a female :D
Take a look at my Map!
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1707 ... cesmap.png

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:36 am

I think your Mate might be part Vulture Jazzman!

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:51 am

I some times see "player no name disconnected" out of no where. In both single and multi-player! Also, there were once six players in one of the chats i was in! I like the frozen coyote glitch. I did that before and its real fun. I also like when you slide around while bowing or howling! Its very fun to do and saves time in single player. In the last mission, i was at the carcass across the river from Sand Bar, and it said i finished the game! Not even one of my pups was in the rendezvous site, either. One time, I was on the defend pups mission, so i clicked the thing that told you what to do. I was about to start walking again, and it said i completed the mission when i had not even moved yet. So i finished the game early with all four pups :D
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”