Predictable Elk?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Predictable Elk?

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:49 pm

It's not that serious. It was the same way in Amethyst Mountain. I find it easier to track the elk when they are in the river most of the time. Also, wolves in the wild typically know where the elk go most. It is usually near the water! I have never had the disappearing scent trail, but once in a while, I can't find the scent. Even when I am on top of the elk, some times no scent. It does not really bother me.
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:19 pm

shadowwolf966 wrote:Ok, whenever I am on singleplayer (or multiplayer, now that I think about it) The elk in the hunting ground nearest to the Little Butte are ALWAYS in the same place! And I never see any scent trails until I am right next to them... does this happen to anyone else? Or is it just my computer?
Yeah, the hunting grounds near Saddle Meadows, right? That happens to me. They are always near the river, or, in the river. Personally it gets on my nerves when I want to hunt since it's my favorite hunting ground. - - I have to sit and wait for them to come to me while I crouch down in the bushes. They walk so slow! and they always stay in the water. XD waterlogged herd those elk are. It happens to the Bison Peak area too for me.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Wildwish
Pup
Pup

Post by Wildwish » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 am

This happens to me all the time!So much now I memorize where each elk herd is,cuz' they're always in the same place.I dislike the one in the river,hunting in the water is very very glitchy and jerky,ugh.
Once I called you brother
Once I thought the chance
to make you laugh
Was all I ever wanted...

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:22 am

Wildwish wrote:This happens to me all the time!So much now I memorize where each elk herd is,cuz' they're always in the same place.I dislike the one in the river,hunting in the water is very very glitchy and jerky,ugh.
I know, XD and when you go to bite an elk the current carries you away.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Aurora Alaska
New Pack Member
New Pack Member
Location: Being in Aurora's Place of Absolute Excitement and Dullness and Oxymorons

Post by Aurora Alaska » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:17 pm

I've noticed that usually two female elk break away from the herd together as soon as a wolf approaches them. Usually one of them is the weakest. It touches my heart, because it's sort of really sweet that they stick together like that. Of course, I have to break them apart and attempt to kill one of them, but still, so sweet. Oh yes, and the bull elk always abandons them quickly and dashes in the other direction.
Aurora
Hope is a shining beacon. Let it lead you to your true place. Let it guide your soul.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:20 pm

The elk always seem to be in the same place in my game... I wonder if that's deliberate? :lol: :mrgreen:
*pokes with a stick*
it's dead, jim

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Aurora Alaska
New Pack Member
New Pack Member
Location: Being in Aurora's Place of Absolute Excitement and Dullness and Oxymorons

Post by Aurora Alaska » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:59 pm

If anything, they were just programmed to be there. I've noticed that too.
Aurora
Hope is a shining beacon. Let it lead you to your true place. Let it guide your soul.

MagicHowls101
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Risika: Chasing bunny. Magic: Diving at Risika to save bunny. Otsanda: Rolling eyes at them.

Post by MagicHowls101 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:42 pm

shadowwolf966 wrote:Ok, whenever I am on singleplayer (or multiplayer, now that I think about it) The elk in the hunting ground nearest to the Little Butte are ALWAYS in the same place! And I never see any scent trails until I am right next to them... does this happen to anyone else? Or is it just my computer?
It happens to me too. I always walk by the river to find them because of the scent view thing.
Aurora Alaska wrote:I've noticed that usually two female elk break away from the herd together as soon as a wolf approaches them. Usually one of them is the weakest. It touches my heart, because it's sort of really sweet that they stick together like that. Of course, I have to break them apart and attempt to kill one of them, but still, so sweet. Oh yes, and the bull elk always abandons them quickly and dashes in the other direction.
Ah, yes, I've noticed that too. It's so sweet, that I dont attack any of them :oops: :) And as for the Bull, on multiplayer, I always go for him because he just leaves them like that, lol
midnightsight1 wrote:Once I followed a scent trail (not near aspen or river more near Bison Peak.) and it led to a crossroad of scents but no elk! So I followed each one and lo and behold! No elk! :|

That just happened to me today! So it's not just me, it's happening to others as well.
Proud Lead Warrior ~ EagleMoonPack!
♥‒♦‒♥‒♦‒♥‒♦‒♥‒♦‒♥
※ Magic I am shy and submissive
※ Risika I am the fighting rebel
※ Otsanda I am wise and noble
♥‒♦‒♥‒♦‒♥‒♦‒♥‒♦‒♥
My Wolf Novel! ~ Three of a Kind

avvie by Alakaru_1
sig-Silverwolf

MoonlitEyes
Pup
Pup

Post by MoonlitEyes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:20 pm

I've noticed that you can always find the elk herd in the exact same spot... but sometimes the scent trails just leave off in a giant star. It's very convienient, but the star can be confusing.
"Moon, worn thin to the width of a quill,
In the dawn clouds flying,
How good to go, light into light, and still
Giving light, dying."

Proud Master Ninja of ♥Twisted Fury Pack Reborn♥
Nicknames: Dusters, Moon, Dusteroo(O.o)

wolfguardian101
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolfguardian101 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:34 pm

That Only Happens, For Me In Multiplayer Mode.

LunaLynn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by LunaLynn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 pm

My computer does that all the time :P

In every hunting ground on multiplayer, the elk are in the same exact position. :D I think it's good that they always are because you don't have to search around the hunting ground for them. :mrgreen:
....................... υ η α ℓ y η η.
............................Is beastly.
....................Thats all I need to say.
................WolfQuest Community Member
..................Avvie By: Me...beastly me.

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:44 am

It's the same with me - I now know where each elk herd is so I don't bother turning scent view on. I would prefer it was randomized, so I get a bit of a challenge trying to find the herd.

sharmicha
Pup
Pup

Post by sharmicha » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 am

for me they are sometimes in the same place but i usually have to search for the elk
avvie(c)me

KodakWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by KodakWolf » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 pm

It happens to me often :|

Gloria Crystal
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Gloria Crystal » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Aurora Alaska wrote:I've noticed that usually two female elk break away from the herd together as soon as a wolf approaches them. Usually one of them is the weakest. It touches my heart, because it's sort of really sweet that they stick together like that. Of course, I have to break them apart and attempt to kill one of them, but still, so sweet. Oh yes, and the bull elk always abandons them quickly and dashes in the other direction.
Yes, this even happen to me! I like when the elk are the weakest and those who will be away from the herd! :D
......There's song that's inside of my soul......
...... It's the one I call......
.......HOWL......

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”