Forgetting to Save

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Ooakiie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Forgetting to Save

Post by Ooakiie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:53 pm

I made a new game and had JUST gotten my mate and my wolf's experience points or whatever was high because I had hunted for like 2 hours before. Then, thinking it saved automatically (because I haven't played in a long time) I clicked new game, planning on going to slough creek. It didn't save and when I saw that, I screamed, literally xD Has this ever happened to you?
Last edited by Fawn on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited topic title to make more clear. :)

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Forgetting to Save

Post by Atropine » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:33 am

I remember once that I started the final journey, and as my den was in Aspen Heights I had quite a way to go. I'd managed halfway with all four pups unharmed, so I thought that I better save in case my computer crashed. Then, for some demented reason, I automatically clicked "new game" instead. Devestating. D;

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 am

I've done this type of thing many times before, it's very annoying when it happens, you do all that hard work and you forget to save it..x3 I did this once after I found a mate, I'd thought it would be better to save my game just incase anything bad happened and I had to re-load the game or restart everything, however my mouse when crazy and I accidently clicked quit game.

I also partly did this just after I got puppies in Slough Creek, I was really happy since all the colours of my pups I really liked, so I wanted to save my game just before taking some screenshots of them, and instead of pressing save game, I pressed new game.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

-_+[Amy]+_-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Chasing after an old cow, taking small bites each time I reach it.

Post by -_+[Amy]+_- » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:21 am

well, i just started a new game, and i was running all over the place killing hares and coyotes. I decided to hunt elk, and after an hour doing so, i wanted to get a mate. when i got a mate (finally :S) i wanted to save my game, but, somehow, i couldnt. it's hard to explain, heres a screenshot:
http://i45.tinypic.com/ubyfb.jpg
i thought my computer was loading it ( :S ) so i went downstairs, and when i went back to the computer, it crashed :S
'Seriously, shut up. I'm trying really hard not to snap your neck right now.'

- IceRain -

Post by - IceRain - » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:41 am

I do this all the time...
It gets frustrating after a while :evil:

-Myth

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:43 pm

-_+[Amy]+_- wrote:well, i just started a new game, and i was running all over the place killing hares and coyotes. I decided to hunt elk, and after an hour doing so, i wanted to get a mate. when i got a mate (finally :S) i wanted to save my game, but, somehow, i couldnt. it's hard to explain, heres a screenshot:
http://i45.tinypic.com/ubyfb.jpg
i thought my computer was loading it ( :S ) so i went downstairs, and when i went back to the computer, it crashed :S
That's probably because:

a) You haven't downloaded the fix released around March or so.
b) It looks like you were in a wolf territory. Saving doesn't work when your in a wolf's territory.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:36 pm

This has happened to me on a number of occasions. The most memorable one was when I started a new game for my wolf RipTide. I hunted and fought a bunch of wolves, and didn't do any cheats. I didn't get a mate or anything, because RipTide has no mate, but I had a whole bunch of points. I had killed a bull elk, some cow elk, fought wolves (even druids) and attacked coyotes. Then, I accidentally hit "load game" when I meant to save. I was VERY mad, but I ended up starting over, getting MORE points, and luckily this time saving. Now I'm happy :)
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

-Creek-
Pup
Pup
Location: Somewhere you will never know, but your refrigerator is out of milk.

Post by -Creek- » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Yes, that has happened to me once or twice, but that was when i first started playing WQ.
▬▬
......Creek
▬▬

Awesome Avvie by Kittysaysmeow!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:24 pm

It happened to me once. My wolf on AM had over 30,000 exp, and when SC was released, I wanted to play with them there. I soon realized I had to go somewhere (to a recreational activity) and quickly exited without saving. when i came back and played, I was very annoyed with myself for doing that. xD
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:47 pm

The first time I played WQ in single-player, I remember that finally I got a mate (after one hour) and I was above to save when my computer froze and WQ closed up. I didn’t play it again in five hours because I was mad at the game and I refused to start all over again.

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Sintact wrote:The first time I played WQ in single-player, I remember that finally I got a mate (after one hour) and I was above to save when my computer froze and WQ closed up. I didn’t play it again in five hours because I was mad at the game and I refused to start all over again.
That happened once with my wolf Thorn. I still haven't re-started the game ... but I've lost interest in that character anyway ^^
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Oh my! That must have been devistating!

It's never happened to me, but I did fall a victim to the saving problem awhile back where it wouldn't let you press the save button. (Recently fixed in the new version)

Uimaitok
Pup
Pup

Post by Uimaitok » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 am

Oh Man! I hate it even more when you get really far and then your computer crashes and you didnt save because it isnt even your falt but it shuts you down. Man you lose all the hard work that could have taken you many minutes or even hours to do.
Everyone deserves a chance to be amazing because we all can if we try.

redkona09
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Probably watching a squirrel in my yard. Or reading a book on the couch.

Post by redkona09 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Yes. Yes it has. Made me mad, too! I had just worked on saving up experience points, and had just found a mate without my game glitching up like it ALWAYS does. I was all happy, thinking, oh, now I can move on! Oh, wasn't my little burst of joy ruined? :p
◈◈ On the ground I lay, motionless, in ραιп
I can see my life flashing before my єуєs
Did I fall asleep? Is this all a ƌяєαм?
Wake me up, I'm living a пιԍнтмαяє . . . ◈◈
~Time of Dying, by Three Days Grace~

Avvie by Serenal

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 am

hmm... i never forgot to save as the game reminds you of it...
Before you start the Slough Creek game you actually are asked by the game to save it...
So nope, i am lucky i guess :mrgreen:
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”