Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Does the Cattle Ranch Help?

Yes
78
36%
No
122
57%
What Cattle Ranch
15
7%
 
Total votes: 215

User avatar
tattoo215
Pup
Pup
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 am
Gender: Female
Location: Howlin' at the moon

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by tattoo215 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:21 am

The cattle ranch leaves your mate and your pups unhelped and your mate normally hunts, and you care for them. So when you enter the cattle ranch, it doesnt protect your mate and pups for you. So I do not like it.
"Even angels have their wicked schemes,
And you take that to new extremes,
But you'll always be my hero,
Even though you've lost your mind."

NewMooon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:33 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Behind you... You looked didn't you?
Contact:

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by NewMooon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:12 pm

The cattle ranch doesn't really help me that much but it is kind of fun if your bored or can't find any carcasses.
..........╔═╦╗────╔═╦═╗
..........║║║╠═╦╦╦╣║║║╠═╦═╦═╦═╦╗
..........║║║║╩╣║║║║║║║╬║╬║╬║║║║
..........╚╩═╩═╩══╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩═╩╩═╝



.........."life IS hard."
.........."~ŋɚɰ ɱøøŋ



Green Paws Team

TextArt© Nightly
Avvie© Crystal

User avatar
Frost46
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: East Coast

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by Frost46 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:49 pm

I think it is pretty useless, to me anyways. But I still like the adrenaline rush
of attacking a cow and having 25 seconds to leave. Usually I start panicking
and the next thing I know i'm dead. XD
*~.~*♪Frost46♫*~.~*
☼Proud WQ Community Member☼
___________________________
Having the freedom to simply be me
Quietly resting under a shady oak tree
Or dancing wildly 'till my legs go weak
These are the things that make me unique

Avvie © Zethra
Siggie © Me

jackie88654
Pup
Pup
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:14 pm
Name: Ash
Gender: Gender neutral
Location: Area 51

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by jackie88654 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:18 am

it is helpful but i got to go away from my pups almost all of my wolves live at saddle to thats the problem when im not near them i fear coyotes or bears will eat them :( or the die cuz the did not eat any thing

User avatar
xSelene
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:42 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Fleeing.
Contact:

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by xSelene » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Frost46 wrote:I think it is pretty useless, to me anyways. But I still like the adrenaline rush
of attacking a cow and having 25 seconds to leave. Usually I start panicking
and the next thing I know i'm dead. XD

I've found it pretty useless myself and I know what you mean with the adrenaline rush. I love going to the ranch before I've picked a den site that way I don't have to worry about returning to feed my pups. Or about whether or not a coyote or bear will come to get them. But after I choose the site I don't go there, I don't bother risking the journey there. I'd rather just feed of some of the nearby elk carcasses. It helps to have a mate who goes off to hunt for food for the pups to.
xSelene / Proud Community Member
--- selene-x.deviantart.com
--- icon : Mute

If Only Time Flew Like A Dove ;

User avatar
NightlyH
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Gender: Agender
Location: Inside a computer generated world
Contact:

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by NightlyH » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Well then at least I am not the only one ^^
Creator of Return of the Pack project
http://moca.games/

User avatar
-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 1182
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:15 am
Gender: Female
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Seems that most WolfQuest players don't regularly use the cattle ranch, and I usually ignore it unless I feel like having something different to do. Frost and Selene are quite right in saying that it gives an adrenaline rush, so sometimes I visit the ranch for that, but mainly I enjoy the different night scene that it provides. I enjoy going there when I'm hyped up over 2.5, as I know from the looks of screenshots that the new additions will be much better than the ranch's night sky animations. (:
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

User avatar
NightlyH
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Gender: Agender
Location: Inside a computer generated world
Contact:

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by NightlyH » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 pm

-x- Silvie -x- wrote:Seems that most WolfQuest players don't regularly use the cattle ranch, and I usually ignore it unless I feel like having something different to do. Frost and Selene are quite right in saying that it gives an adrenaline rush, so sometimes I visit the ranch for that, but mainly I enjoy the different night scene that it provides. I enjoy going there when I'm hyped up over 2.5, as I know from the looks of screenshots that the new additions will be much better than the ranch's night sky animations. (:
And once 2.5 is out WITH night, there will be no need for it, tho if it is removed I will be sad :mrgreen:
Creator of Return of the Pack project
http://moca.games/

User avatar
dustydawn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:54 am
Gender: Female
Location: fading away ♥

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by dustydawn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:43 pm

I don't find the Cattle Ranch that helpful.
Though, I like how the timing is at night, and how the cows are making noises.

At first, I used to go to the cattle ranch before I found a den in Slough Creek, I guess you could say it's helpful before you have your pups.
" too many feelings "

" and love is a word used too much and much too soon "
icon : soranofavalor

User avatar
-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 1182
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:15 am
Gender: Female
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Nightly-Howler wrote:
-x- Silvie -x- wrote:Seems that most WolfQuest players don't regularly use the cattle ranch, and I usually ignore it unless I feel like having something different to do. Frost and Selene are quite right in saying that it gives an adrenaline rush, so sometimes I visit the ranch for that, but mainly I enjoy the different night scene that it provides. I enjoy going there when I'm hyped up over 2.5, as I know from the looks of screenshots that the new additions will be much better than the ranch's night sky animations. (:
And once 2.5 is out WITH night, there will be no need for it, tho if it is removed I will be sad :mrgreen:
That's true. I do think the nighttime makes the adrenaline rush that much more impressive though. ^^
dustydawn wrote:I don't find the Cattle Ranch that helpful.
Though, I like how the timing is at night, and how the cows are making noises.

At first, I used to go to the cattle ranch before I found a den in Slough Creek, I guess you could say it's helpful before you have your pups.
Yeah, I was going to say that the best time to visit the ranch is before you have pups, but somehow I got too sidetracked in the epicness of 2.5. xD
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

User avatar
wolf-quest-wolves
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:10 am

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by wolf-quest-wolves » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:01 am

Cattle Ranch is only fun to me.I kill to kill the cattle or i kill to be killed by human xD

User avatar
NightlyH
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Gender: Agender
Location: Inside a computer generated world
Contact:

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by NightlyH » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:33 am

And with all these people saying that it is not helpful, then maybe we could change it 8) . I will have to think about it but it could be selected from the game menu as a "mini game" and you dont need to walk there, you would just go there and once you were done you would be back at your den!

Just a thought :mrgreen:
Creator of Return of the Pack project
http://moca.games/

User avatar
yuli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by yuli » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Cattle Ranch is not helpful for me, With that i don't get food and you can die if your wolf isn't fast, it's better hunt or eat a carcass.

User avatar
MikMik
Pup
Pup
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:53 pm
Gender: Female
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by MikMik » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:30 pm

I find that the cattle ranch is helpful. But quite frankly.. I'm petrified of it. I usually get to the point where my wolf can get into the fence unnoticed, but then I end up bumping into a cow or two. When the dogs start barking is when I really start stinking out. Half of the time I'm unable to get out, because I'm panicking.
яєтυяηє∂ ωσℓƒqυєѕт мємвєя!
gℓσвαℓ мσ∂єяαтσя σƒ ω¢αяρg!
кιηg∂σм нєαятѕ, ρσкємση, αη∂ ωαяяισяѕ ƒαηαтι¢!

Ϟ ι'м ση тнє яιgнт тяα¢к вαву ι ωαѕ вσяη тнιѕ ωαу! Ϟ

User avatar
NightlyH
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Gender: Agender
Location: Inside a computer generated world
Contact:

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by NightlyH » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 pm

well in the 2.5 update there will be less carcasses so it just might be something to do, but I still think the option to go their is good ^^
Creator of Return of the Pack project
http://moca.games/

Post Reply

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”