Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Does the Cattle Ranch Help?

Yes
36%
No
57%
What Cattle Ranch
7%

Total votes: 215

caninesrock
Pup
Pup

Re: Cattle Ranches Helpful or Not

Post by caninesrock » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:33 pm

It's not helpful but not unhelpful for me. It's just kinda....there. I don't really ever use it. I can find plenty of already killed discarded elk carcasses to scavenge off to get food for myself and my pups. Also,the rabbits are really easy to catch as well just to get food for myself. Too bad those darn coyotes aren't edible though. They're everywhere and very easy to kill, but since they aren't edible, it's kind of pointless to kill them unless they are getting close to my den where my pups are.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Post by duskypack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 pm

I only use it sometimes, i don't really like them because it freaks me out. I sometimes devote some of my summer journey accounts to them and avoid the on any other accounts.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

ravenshadow31
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ravenshadow31 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:45 pm

I found the cattle ranch helpful, untill I died. I would only use it if I had a den close enough.

Pup
Pup

Post by 8900 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:05 pm

I've never found cattle ranch particularly useful as a permanent food supply, and whenever I go there, when I come back my territory markers have hit zero. Plus, sometimes there's a glitch where my mate spawns next to me and follows me like a shadow the rest of the game. (those bugs might have been fixed by now... not really sure, I haven't played in a while) It's fun though, I even discovered a glitch where if you eat and jump the fence in a certain order, the dogs don't bark at all! :D

hi-techno
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by hi-techno » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:46 pm

hm not really. i kind of stopped going there when i heard the gunshot and died... with my headphones up on maximum.
don't drop dat duh duh duh

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Only if you live in Aspen. The cattle ranch isn't needed in the game, but is an additional challenge/map to face. Of course, it's optional. If you live in the Saddle Meadows den, hunt in the cattle ranch at your risk. After you have a successful (or not) hunt, your mate will appear right in front of you instead of being next to the den, caring for your pups. It's hard to face that challenge, but it can be done. But, nonetheless, it does give you that extra food you need to feed your pups and yourself. I'd say it's an okay place, but I wouldn't go there every time your pups are starving.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

The Traveler -
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by The Traveler - » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:00 am

I enjoy the cattle ranch, but I don't rely on it. I can bring down a weak cow or scavenge in less time than it would take to get a calf. Also, my steering goes weird there sometimes, and it's a bit overly dangerous.

Wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older

ironhide_loepard

Post by ironhide_loepard » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:49 pm

So I ran into this when I reached the last episode in the game. I have no idea what I am supposed to do on there. I read the pop-up window but I'm not getting what I'm supposed to do. I got chased off three times on the first try too.

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:32 pm

ironhide_loepard wrote:So I ran into this when I reached the last episode in the game. I have no idea what I am supposed to do on there. I read the pop-up window but I'm not getting what I'm supposed to do. I got chased off three times on the first try too.
The goal of the cattle ranch is to find a calf to eat, and to get out once you hear dogs barking. If you get too close to a cow, they will chase you off the ranch. Run your wolf around the fence and try to locate the one black and brown calf. Once you find the calf, jump over the fence. Calves can be killed with one bite.

I use the cattle ranch all the time with the Aspen Heights den but I wouldn't recommend going there very often for the Saddle Meadows or Bison Peak dens. I prefer hunting elk or calves than just scavenging at carcasses all the time.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

FoxyWolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by FoxyWolfy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:31 pm

I don't find it helpful, because:
1. It's far away.
2. It's kinda... I don't know... juvenile.
3. There are too many easy food sources in plenty (hares, elk carcasses near dens)

That make me only go to the ranch when I wnat a little fun... and threat!
ғσxүкιηs
´*•.¸ тнε cυтεsт ℓιттℓε¸.•*´
gσσғ
σғ
´*•.¸ρσσғεү¸.•*´
ғσσғs
Signature/Av©By:SinnedAshes/wolfwhisp

Newbie-Teacher Program
Great Travelers Pack

Fallenshadow1319
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Fallenshadow1319 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:31 am

I don't really find it "helpful" but it can be fun, especially if you have some down time or you're just bored. But it's always exciting when you start hearing the dogs bark and you've gotta run for your life back to the purple cloud.
-Moved to Froward Schatzi-

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”