Inappropriate Player Activeness Graph-A WQ Community Project

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Adalae
Former WQ Moderator

Inappropriate Player Activeness Graph-A WQ Community Project

Post by Adalae » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Most recent meeting decisions

- Patrollers send their data to the data collector via PM, and then they send it to me, also via PM
- Members can no longer edit the Data page because people have been changing it randomly without warning (we don't know who they are, though). I will be posted inappropriate games in the forums or on this thread if you guys want (like the number and the data findings)
- Patrollers can edit their times themselves in the Schedule if they wish to, but please add a note either at the bottom of the post or as a note (if you've ever edited it, you know what i mean) so schedulers can announce changes.
- The data sheet was changed by day each week instead of by week (like it would have week 1, week 2, week 3 instead of monday, tuesday, wednesday, etc. as we are doing in the actual results)
Data Collecting Schedule
Monday: Patrollers send data to frost46, who sends it to Adalae.
Tuesday: Patrollers send data to jaguartail, who sends it to Adalae.
Wednesday: Patrollers send data to mynameisfaolan, who sends it to Adalae.
Thursday: Patrollers send data to Adalae.
Friday: Patrollers send data to Moonglance, who sends it to Adalae.
Saturday: Patrollers send data to oxodestinyoxo, who sends it to Adalae.
Sunday: Patrollers send data to DarkWolfGirl54, who sends it to Adalae.
Patroller Info Form (to be sent to the data collectors above on specified days)
Username:
Time:

Inappropriate chats total:
From Them-

Mate-related:
Killer/Extreme Violence:
Offensive language:
RECENT NEWS:

>> We have begun patrolling ^-^
>> All patrollers: please send your preferred patrolling times to Rhea. All data collectors and schedulers: if you would like to be a substitute patroller (if a patroller can't take a time, you'll fill in if you can) also PM Rhea. Thanks!
>> Website completed!!!! Any Team members please join -- Kivia will accept you. To learn more about our organization, go here as well! www.projectwq.webs.com . Have any suggestions? Just PM either Kivia or I, or just post on the thread!
>> We have decided to become a permanent organization!!! Thank you for all the support for this organization and all the help we're getting!
>> Please do not begin patrolling until we get all the scheduling worked out without any holes.
>> We are only patrolling in Slough Creek.

Hello there WolfQuest Members! Welcome to the home thread for the Inappropriate Player Activeness Graph and various other projects that we decide to undertake. The 'Team' decided to become a permanent organization that all WQ members can participate in as long as they meet the following requirements:

- They have the most recent WQ game downloaded
- They can post on this thread (it is where most of the discussion takes place) so sorry, no COPPA users!
- Be a part of the WQ Community (obviously lawl)

There are no post amount requirements, and we never turn anyone down for wanting to help out. Even if you have a warning, we accept everyone. Everyone can help out (except the actual WQ Team, this is a COMMUNITY project). If you decide to join, you must contribute time to the project. if you do not, your username will not be credited on the final product. We will not babysit anyone or tell anyone they aren't being active enough: that is your responsibility.

Now about the recent project:

We are making an Inappropriate Player Activeness Graph, which is basically telling us when the inappropriate players are active: aka on which days and such. Therefore we need Slough Creek Patrollers, Data Collectors, and Schedulers.

Patrollers need to have the most recent game installed, and must be able to pick out certain days and times that are available for our schedule. They must be able to be able to figure out what time it is that they need to patrol on the Slough Creek game compared to CST (the timezone we are using). It is their responsibility to send the data they collect to the data collectors (everyone will be specified later). The data they collect will be separated into categories which will be specified later (ex. Mating Related, Excessive Violence, Inappropriate/Vulgar Language). They need to check the thread often and discuss decisions.

Data Collectors need to be able to be organized and be able to access the email that we will be able to provide. They must be able to answer questions and remember to check the email often. They also need to check this thread often and discuss decisions.

Schedulers schedule ... schedules and can schedule meetings and all that so we can meet each other. They also need to check this thread often and discuss decisions.

So, are you interested in joining in with this undertaking? This could take months to complete, and it's YOUR decision to help out.

Here's the app if you're interested:

Code: Select all

[b]Timezone:[/b]
[b]Timezone difference from Minnesota:[/b]
[b]How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]:[/b]
[b]How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]:[/b]
[b]"job" you would be interested in [YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR JOB ONCE YOU APPLY FOR THIS ONE]:[/b]
"Team" Members:

Adalae
HappyKitten (Scheduler)
Jaguartail (Data Collector)
oxoDestinyoxo (Data Collector)
Zethra (Patroller)
Storm Breaker (Patroller)
BooboosPiggy (Patroller)
Eternala (Patroller)
Alpha Female (Patroller)
Kivia (Patroller)
DarkWolfGirl54 (Data Collector)
Larkarl (Scheduler)
Rhea (Scheduler)
Gargantor (Patroller)
Faolane (Unspecified)
Dorano1 (Patroller)
Frost46 (Data Collector)
- Legacy - (Patroller)
Moonglance (Data Collector)
Lobo_Luna681 (Patroller)
Zarago (Patroller)
VNightV (Data Collector)
Lyenza (Patroller)
mynameisfaolan (Weekend Patroller - Weekday Data Collector)
Boltfan (Patroller)
Stray Fang (Patroller)
robot (Patroller)
Swoofzilla (Scheduler)
- Zaroque - (Patroller)
Howleen (Patroller)
candybop (Patroller)
Last edited by Adalae on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 am, edited 32 times in total.
"Its not one of those things you can fix like you fix your bow tie.
.......... Dont give me those big wet eyes, Raggedy Man."

http://tinyurl.com/thefourclans

HappyKitten
Pup
Pup

Re: Inappropriate Player Activeness Graph-A WQ Community Project

Post by HappyKitten » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:39 pm

This is a very interesting idea, Adalae!
I would not be able to do any patrolling, considering that my parents do not allow me to play multiplayer, but I would be very willing to:
- Create an organized website for this project (I'm a pretty experienced web designer, and would love to use my skills to help the project, if you'd like)
- Help schedulers by doing time zone calculations (I do this kind of thing every day, literally)

Here is the form.

Timezone: UTC +3
Timezone difference from Minnesota: +7 hours
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]: I would say 9 - I hardly ever post, but lurk like crazy
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]: 6, I haven't first-handedly witnessed much of the problems in multiplayer, but it is a great idea and I think it would help out a lot
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]: See above

On the activeness note: Usually I am quite active on WQ, lurking the forums a lot, just not posting. However, this month I will be going to a week-long intensive conference, and on top of that I'm trying to write a novel in a month. (NaNoWriMo ;) ) But in general I believe I could help.

Good luck!
---------------hαρργkιττεη
-------------
------WolfQuest Community Member
-------------Proud Linux User
--------Published Writer and Poet
-------Amateur Website Designer

---------Being unique is all the rage.

INACTIVE

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Timezone:CST
Timezone difference from Minnesota:+/- 0
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]:8/10
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]:7/10. I'm kind of afraid of the inappropriateness that goes on, but I do know how much this will help the team, and am prepared to gather my courage and help out with this.
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]:Data Collector. I'd also be willing to do weekend patrolling in either location- but afternoon and evening only please. In the morning, I prefer to sleep in. During the weekdays, I could still collect data but would probably be too busy to lurk on the game for hours.

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Timezone: MDT (Mountain Standard Time)
Timezone difference from Minnesota: One hour behind
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]: 10
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]: 10
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]: I am unable to play multiplayer, so data collector if at all possible.

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:50 am

Well as i had already patrolled many times (sadly now i dont think i can apply here.. because of college...too many tests)
And i can say i always see soo many bunch of inappropriate chats at 20-23 hour hungarian time... im GTM +1.
Every day thats the critical point for me, this is when sometimes i cant even enter the chats, just take screenshot from outside, and i see even more next to it, browsing through the available chats.
And its mostly saturday, and friday night.
At the week days its not as bad, 3-4 at a row sometimes, it depends on the mood of them i guess. The most critical is saturday, and most easiest is monday(i never see bad chats).
i hope this helped a bit, ill apply as soon as i see time... right now i just cant... but i would be happy if i could.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:40 am

I see you have gotten the topic up Adalae.
This is a really good idea; and I think that I would be able to apply to help. However, my internet may lag a bit while I am on Multiplayer and it also depends on if my Desktop (the game with WolfQuest on it) is available or not.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
Timezone difference from Minnesota: Minnesota is CST right? If so; 1 hour ahead I believe[if not feel free to correct me]
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]: Uh, I would give myself an 8/10
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]: I really like this idea a lot and think that it would do a lot of good. So, I would give myself a 9/10 to a 10/10 on the scale.
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]: Patrolling. It's what I'm best at.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Storm Breaker
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Storm Breaker » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:08 am

I would love to help with this, but I need to know : Are you basically looking for people to monitor the chat lists during those times, or do you want people to spend the time actually going into games? I'm guessing its the former, which I can probably help with, if it's just keeping a count for a few hours where I don't have to be at the computer the whole time going into game after game.

Also, are we concerned with uniqueness? For example, if I spot a certain user with an inappropriate chat at 9 AM and see the same user with the same chat title at 11 AM, should I assume it's the same chat and not count it again?

And, are we defining "inappropriate" as mate-related? I don't think we should count the fantasy/weird stuff because Cana herself has said that those games are allowed. I think it was in the Chat Box: God or Bad thread, because I suggested that the forum guidelines that say otherwise should be updated to reflect that.

My Ap:
Timezone: Eastern
Timezone difference from Minnesota: Hour ahead
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]: Game: 9 (I'm on whenever I have time to play), Forum: 7 (I check in every day, but don't post all the time)
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]: 10! I can do probably most weekday mornings except Thursdays and can monitor both AM and SC. Once I know when this will start and how long, I'll have a better idea if there are other mornings I can't do it.
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]: Patrolling, like I said, if it just means counting bad titles.
Some of my favorite people are action figures.

Realistic Wolf Roleplay
http://yellowstonewolfrp.wetpaint.com/

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:39 am

Great idea Addy. I think this could really go far in helping improve multiplayer, so I think I'll become a team member. :] Lately I've been interested in seeing how inappropiate behavior flows through WolfQuest and how non-forum-going players (I call them subordinate pups xD) think about it and deal with it, and perhaps actually patrolling the games with other forum-goers like me, so this is sure to call out. I must say good job, Addy; here's my form:

Timezone: CST - Central Standard Time
Timezone difference from Minnesota: None
How active you are on WQ: About a 10. I'm here on the forums everyday if I can, and will go into open multiplayer games when I feel like it, on private games with friends and packs. A total WolfQuest fan. :3
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping: Well, one of my biggest dreams is for everyone to be happy and safe on multiplayer, and I'm getting better at watching behavior and stepping up to keep it appropiate (plus this idea is just great =D), so I'd say a 9 or 10, like Zethra. Ready to help out!!
"Job" you would be interested in: Patrolling. It's what I do best at too. =3

I'm usually on for hours at a time, so I could do multiple shifts (such as morning and afternoon rather than just either) and both game worlds, though Amethyst Mountain is normally deserted lately. And, like Storm Breaker, I would probably just patrol the list of games, though I don't mind going into games for a little while to do some in-game moderating, plus I'll make notes and report the sorts of things that I find to here, perhaps make grades of the inappropiateness I found, how close players went to it, the scale of appropriateness, numbers, time, and locations of inappropiate/appropiate players, etc.
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Frost46
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Frost46 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:34 am

Wow, Adalae, this is a brilliant idea.
I'm sure it will change the future of MP.
Inappropriate playing needs to stop! :x
I wish I wanted to join, but I don't know
if I could handle it... :(

So, I hope more people will commit to do this! :wink:
*~.~*♪Frost46♫*~.~*
☼Proud WQ Community Member☼
These are the things that make me unique

Avvie © Zethra
Siggie © Me

Eternala
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Eternala » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Timezone: EST
Timezone difference from Minnesota: 1 or 2 hours ahead
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]: 9-10
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]: A 10, I despise innapropriate players and I want them gone.
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]: A patroller. I literally patrol SC and annoy innapropriate people until they leave.

This is a very nice idea, Adalae. I would love to take part in this.

Also, now I know my time difference from Minnesota
Last edited by Eternala on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Nice topic Adalae. ^^
I shall sign up for this if its alright.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
Timezone difference from Minnesota: One hour ahead
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]: I'd say 8-9
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]: This idea is excellent, and i'd love to help as much as possible to make this successful, so 10/10
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]: Morning patroller on weekends or evening patroller on weekdays/weeknights (since school does get in the way of morning and afternoon patrolling).^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:07 pm

This makes me so happy to see so many users who wish to make WQ better. =3 I would love to help.

Timezone: EST
Timezone difference from Minnesota: 1 hour ahead
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]: Around 9-10
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]: I've always wanted to help improve MP, and before I was a mod, I would patrol MP practically everyday. Now I've been more focused on the forum, but I wish to get back into helping patrol MP more often and bring an end to these silly, inappropriate chats. So I would say 10.
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]: Patrolling; preferably late at night because I'm most active then on both weekdays and weekends.

I can say from experience that usually I see more inappropriate chats on the weekends, during the afternoon and at night.

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Wow, great idea! I'd love to help!
Timezone:EST
Timezone difference from Minnesota:1 hour ahead
How active you are on WQ [from 1 - 10]:9
How much you want to help / how interested you are in helping [from 1 - 10]:10
"job" you would be interested in [you may not get the job you want. just for reference]:Data collector, if possible. MP is hard to get on to with my computer.
Last edited by DarkWolfGirl54 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#SwiftAsTheCoursingRiver
--{Arise} and be
_______-all that you dreamed
_______________all that you dreamed...

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 pm

Est is one hour ahead of minnesota. =D

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling