The threat of the jump button!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Do people bother you with the jump button???

Nope, not at all
52%
Once
6%
Always, im getting tired of it
6%
I bother people with the jump button!
8%
once in a while
20%
Omg, every game i go to some one jumps over me!
3%
They never stop.
6%

Total votes: 124

Kirbyrocks
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

The threat of the jump button!

Post by Kirbyrocks » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:31 pm

This button has probally bothered you for some. The jump button is yet completly useless, but alas, people use it to annoy other players by jumping over them. What do you think about the jump button? Do you think it should be deleted by wolfquest, or you think the jump button should stay?? your choice :wink: :mrgreen:
Kirby rocks!!!!

Kivia

Re: The threat of the jump button!

Post by Kivia » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

The jump button....can't say it really bothers me, but I can see how it could really annoy some people. Some folks use the jumping as "attacking" when the roleplay and the likes, so for those who take roleplaying more seriously may not like it. And then there's always jumping for no reason, and that could annoy a select number of people too.
But personally, it doesn't bother me. =3 Some people use it more for fun than for annoyance, like leap frog.
I say it should stay, since wolves jump in real life, yes? ;D

wolfluver86

Post by wolfluver86 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:16 pm

I agree with Kivia. It should stay.

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:50 pm

I also agreee with Kivia c:

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:37 pm

I think that it should stay, but only if something is put into the game that puts it to use. So far to me the jump button doesn't really do much, as we can't jump onto rocks or have the need to get to ledges [:U Spider man powers yayyy]. Only use I have for it is to jump over a carcass when one appears and I'm too lazy to go around it.

If there isn't really anything that's much use, then I don't think it should be ingame. :U It would just be a random control that doesn't do much of anything. [Unlike bow or wag tail, which assist in rallies in MP or get your mate to wag their tail back at you in SP]
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:48 pm

I think that the jump button should stay aswell, it is the only way I am able to get away from carcasses. It is also a good way to move faster to specific areas, jump over obstetrical in your way(fallen trees, etc.).
I also like the things like, games of leap from, etc. as Kivia said, it can come to use in a lot of areas. However, it can be a nuisance to rpers in MP if the accidentally press the x button.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

BatteriesNotIncluded
Pup
Pup
Location: plunging hours of my life into pointless youtube videos.

Post by BatteriesNotIncluded » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 pm

I agree with Shusuke, the jump button should stay if the wolfquest team puts in a use for it, like ledges, for (in the new game) if you get in a fight with a cougar and your low on health, you can jump to a nearby ledge, or when your hunting, jump down from a ledge on the back of prey. Some people use it for glitches in MP and SP, but also I agree with Zethra, there are some uses for it now, only things like getting over obstacles and such.
we literally have no way of knowing whether or not the world outside of our consciousness exists

c':
james-fun-in-the-sunderland.tumblr.com

BitterApple

Post by BitterApple » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:06 pm

It only bothers me when people do it over, and over, and over, or they're doing in a mean way.
I use the jump button to jump over fallen trees, carcasses, leap to areas on cliffs, etc. I think it should stay.

rainwolves

Post by rainwolves » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 pm

it only makes me angry when they just do it constantly and i am brb or just doing something other online

BitterApple

Post by BitterApple » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:19 pm

rainwolves wrote:it only makes me angry when they just do it constantly and i am brb or just doing something other online
To be honest, I've bothered someone before when they left for a while. ^^' But it was just for fun, and she didn't care when I told her.

Desoto343
Pup
Pup

Post by Desoto343 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:58 pm

It should stay because you need it at the cattle ranch to jump the fence!
I've passed my 1st WQ anniversary! Thanks to all for a great year!

If it has a face, I don't eat it

PROUD SUPPORTER OF PETA, DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY AND AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:36 pm

They could easily make a gate. :| I've read somewhere that wolves used to open gates to get to livestock before. Though I don't really agree with the cattle ranch anyway, so > > Yah.

When it comes to jumping over obstacles all I ever actually would jump over is a carcass. Even then one could easily go around it. The same with a tree. Half the fallen trees I know of I can easily walk around [heck, I can even walk through them sometimes xD]. Jumping over them is a fun option that puts the button to use, not something that's neccessary.

The cattle ranch [which I view as unrealistic as a whole] needs it to get at the cows. It's neccessary for that mission. That's what I mean by neccessary.

With the way that this game defies gravity you don't need it to really jump on ledges either. 8| Now that I think about it.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

blackbloodwolf7
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by blackbloodwolf7 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm fine with the jump button. I mean, some things like tail wagging aren't really needed. Bowing can be enough to rally and get a bonus on multiplayer. Plus the jump is helpful for getting pups across river parts where the water is too deep (by jumping across it), and (as said before) in real life wolves jump, AND for the cattle ranch you need to jump (also said before), AND it's more fun in roleplay when jumping is possible. Plus jumping is fun for games and such.
So jumping should stay.

And if someone is bothering you with jumping, simply make a private game, PM the others in the chat with the user and pass, and continue as if nothing happened.

Oh, and a long long time ago I had to jump out of a ditch in one of the cliffy areas (To this day I don't like being around the cliffs).
Everyone is fond of owls!

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Well, I haven't used the jump button much or thought about if it's annoying or not. Sometimes it's funny, when I'm roleplaying as a pup and playing with other pups. :)
"We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?"

"The Greatest show on Earth" - Nightwish

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:19 am

I believe that the jump button should remain. All you have to do is find your voice and simply ask them politely to stop, and if they don't cease simply ignore them or find another option.

To express my opinion further, WolfQuest was designed to be as realistic as possible and wolves do jump. Multiplayer was never originally planned to be a part of the game, so annoyance from jumping was not forseen.
raise 'em on rhythm and blues

March 2011 UotM.

Icon -
WickedTrickster

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”