Most Frustrating WQ Moments

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

-x- The_Grimmy -x-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Most Frustrating WQ Moments

Post by -x- The_Grimmy -x- » Tue May 31, 2011 10:16 pm

Probably the second time I attempted the journey. The first time I just ran through with my fav pup, but this time I decided I would try to keep them all alive. Well, my pups would never follow me, my mate would move them to the wrong places, and the pups would get themselves killed by Eagles and Bears and Coyotes. I didn't even make it to the river and I had the saddle meadows den. x3 At the time I was FUMING - but now I look back at it and lol.

Dreamrunner2011
Pup
Pup

Post by Dreamrunner2011 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:16 pm

I noticed some of your frustrating moments are because of glitches... Well maybe these will help make WQ better for you:
Mate bringing pups to the wrong places- normally your mate will try and bring all the pups towards you, and people normally get frustrated when they go back for another pup and their mate brings them all back. This can be taken care of by simply carrying one pup a short distance, and waiting for your mate to bring the others to you.
Not being able to save- This is sometimes the case when you have been in the social arena to recently, this can be taken care of by leaving the territory (If you're in Amethyst Mountain) Or waiting 5-10 minutes (In Slough Creek)
Wolf running in circles- Occasionally this happens after exiting the social arena, it can be solved by simply opening the pause menu and then close it; your wolf should stop running in circles
Pups not staying at the den- There is always a stubborn one/two, don't worry; just pick them up when they get to far (I usually try and keep them all in the patch of sand/light spot in front of the den so i can see them all)
Lagging- Although there are other reasons, when I lag it is normally because there are to many people talking at once; just ask everyone politely to be quiet while you wait for your computer to catch up
Saving spots- Even though it's not really a good thing... Making them angry won't help. It's best to just suggest they make a private game next time, wish them luck in finding their friend, and leave. WolfQuest cannot be the family friendly community it's supposed to be if we're always arguing...
I hope this helps! (These might work depending on your computer) Sorry this is so long...
Is an orange called an orange because it's orange?
Or is orange called orange because an orange is orange?

tuffpuppy
Pup
Pup

Post by tuffpuppy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Dreamrunner2011 wrote: Lagging- Although there are other reasons, when I lag it is normally because there are to many people talking at once; just ask everyone politely to be quiet while you wait for your computer to catch up
I tried that today when I started lagging... It worked! Thanks! :D
When life gives you lemons make apple juice and let everyone wonder how on earth you did it...

xSelene
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by xSelene » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:44 pm

It would have to be when I was on Single Player. I was trying to fight off a bear from my pups when my mate took a pup and just gave it to the bear, who in turn killed it. The pattern kind of continued for a while on several following games - very frustrating.
xSelene / Proud Community Member
--- selene-x.deviantart.com
--- icon : Mute

If Only Time Flew Like A Dove ;

Northern-Fires

Post by Northern-Fires » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:33 am

When I was on the cattle ranch, it froze and then I had to click off, I was on my fifteenth elk too. And I didn't save it. :(

Khisa
Pup
Pup

Post by Khisa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:14 am

I remember when I first played Slough Creek my pups were dead within 10 minutes :P. I used to always get stuck on the mission where you have to feed them and protect them -- none of them would stay in the den, even though their blue bar thing was all the way up constantly. My mate also would go hunting the second my hunger bar dipped below 100%, even if there was a carcass right beside the den, and half the time the game would glitch up and not let me save. I eventually ragequit'd [?lolwut?] and left the game for a few weeks.
av by jewelz

safren
Yearling
Yearling

Post by safren » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:31 am

I was crossing the river with my pups on single player and once I got to the other side my mate went and took the pups back across the river. That really bothered me.
......................LIFE

───────╔═╗
───────║╔╝
╔══╦══╦╝╚╗
║══╣╔╗╠╗╔╝
╠══║╔╗║║║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╝

avvie© susijuani

Text art(c)nightly

Dawn_Feather
Pup
Pup

Post by Dawn_Feather » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:21 pm

When my pups won't be good and need a spanking. Sadly, I can't do that.
Makes me mad.

Also when you have nice stalker coyotes. They infuriate me.
Yummy

tuffpuppy
Pup
Pup

Post by tuffpuppy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:48 pm

I have another one:
I was bringing the pups to the summer den when the eagle came I was picking up a pup. I was TRYING to take it to the other pups so the eagle wouldn't take it, however just when I was carrying the pup when my mate runs by me. Suddenly the pup was gone and I realized it somehow was in my mate's mouth, who was running into the middle of the clearing. He put the pup down and began running back as the eagle landed, but the worst was my mate started PUSHING ME AWAY when I tried to help the poor thing... They died... :cry:
When life gives you lemons make apple juice and let everyone wonder how on earth you did it...

Lunaesong
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lunaesong » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:45 am

Kimchiz wrote:In Multiplayer. Since it was a WarriorCatsRP, I said that I had a power. At first, everyone was okay of me having a power. Then I after I fought, I said that my wounds healed. They said that it was Power Playing, but then if you read the books, the power isn't any different than Lionblaze's power seeing that he never gets hurt. Then they said that its different. Then I said okay and said that i didn't feel any pain cause in my description I said that I was strong, and they said that how can I not feel anything. I said that this isn't Power Playing and that I am strong and Scourge's daughter so I'm almost fearless. They still said it was impossible. Then I left.
Tell me, is this Power Playing?
Cause I don't really understand the Power Playing. All I know is that you can't avoid all the attacks that any wolf gives you.

-Kimchiz-

Power Playing is two things:
either getting your own power (DUH)
or being able to control other people.

Kimchiz
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kimchiz » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Lunaesong wrote:
Kimchiz wrote:In Multiplayer. Since it was a WarriorCatsRP, I said that I had a power. At first, everyone was okay of me having a power. Then I after I fought, I said that my wounds healed. They said that it was Power Playing, but then if you read the books, the power isn't any different than Lionblaze's power seeing that he never gets hurt. Then they said that its different. Then I said okay and said that i didn't feel any pain cause in my description I said that I was strong, and they said that how can I not feel anything. I said that this isn't Power Playing and that I am strong and Scourge's daughter so I'm almost fearless. They still said it was impossible. Then I left.
Tell me, is this Power Playing?
Cause I don't really understand the Power Playing. All I know is that you can't avoid all the attacks that any wolf gives you.

-Kimchiz-

Power Playing is two things:
either getting your own power (DUH)
or being able to control other people.
So since it was in the books, does it count? Sorry, I'm still a bit confused.
-Kimchiz-
Not as active anymore.
Av // SoranofAvalor
Sig // Me

MikMik
Pup
Pup

Post by MikMik » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:22 pm

I think the most frustrating moments for me in WQ is when I run out of carcasses to feed my pups. I hate leaving the den area to go hunt, in fear that a predator will appear in my wolf's absence, or that something else will happen just because of my awful luck. My mate usually does do hunting, but it still isn't enough to feed several pups. The only other way to get food, if not from carcasses or hunting, is from the ranch. And I refuse to go there now, so either my pups starve, or I have to go searching.
яєтυяηє∂ ωσℓƒqυєѕт мємвєя!
gℓσвαℓ мσ∂єяαтσя σƒ ω¢αяρg!
кιηg∂σм нєαятѕ, ρσкємση, αη∂ ωαяяισяѕ ƒαηαтι¢!

Ϟ ι'м ση тнє яιgнт тяα¢к вαву ι ωαѕ вσяη тнιѕ ωαу! Ϟ

tuffpuppy
Pup
Pup

Post by tuffpuppy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm

MikMik wrote:I think the most frustrating moments for me in WQ is when I run out of carcasses to feed my pups. I hate leaving the den area to go hunt, in fear that a predator will appear in my wolf's absence, or that something else will happen just because of my awful luck. My mate usually does do hunting, but it still isn't enough to feed several pups. The only other way to get food, if not from carcasses or hunting, is from the ranch. And I refuse to go there now, so either my pups starve, or I have to go searching.
Don't worry about leaving the den, once you leave to find food no predators will go near the den until you come back. This is a feature many people don't know about, or are to afraid to leave the pups unattended. Don't worry! No predators or stranger wolves come while your gone :wink:

Aurorawolf706
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Aurorawolf706 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 pm

MY most frustrating.... Its definitely all the wolves that do everything except be a REAL wolf. Such as; power play, warrior cats, naruto, Pokemon, horse, wild horse, show horse, dogs, human, vampire, werewolves, curses, wings, Africa, Africa cats, harry potter, mating, find a mate, hunters, and its all so frustrating. The thing is called WOLF quest. You are a wolf and all you can do is hunt, run, chase bears and coyotes, and eat thing while chatting with your friends. I seem complainant. but after a while you get so sick of it and I think it ruins wolf quest because you cant actually be a wolf. Well, I hope they update the filter so that you can not even say those things listed in the list. I think that would make wolf quest so much better. If you can't role play the real way, don't role play at all.
I hope this gets through the wolves who don't play wolf quest the real way.
TнᴇDᴇᴀᴛнʟʏHᴀʟʟᴏԝѕ
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

PlagueMutt

Post by PlagueMutt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:31 am

Aurorawolf706 wrote:MY most frustrating.... Its definitely all the wolves that do everything except be a REAL wolf. Such as; power play, warrior cats, naruto, Pokemon, horse, wild horse, show horse, dogs, human, vampire, werewolves, curses, wings, Africa, Africa cats, harry potter, mating, find a mate, hunters, and its all so frustrating. The thing is called WOLF quest. You are a wolf and all you can do is hunt, run, chase bears and coyotes, and eat thing while chatting with your friends. I seem complainant. but after a while you get so sick of it and I think it ruins wolf quest because you cant actually be a wolf. Well, I hope they update the filter so that you can not even say those things listed in the list. I think that would make wolf quest so much better. If you can't role play the real way, don't role play at all.
I hope this gets through the wolves who don't play wolf quest the real way.
I feel ya on all the non-wolf related Rp's. I have trouble finding a multiplayer game I can join nowadays because the list is filled with "TeenCoupleRp" or "HorseRp" or "WarriorCatsRp". It drives me insane!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”