Your First WQ Game :)

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

tuffpuppy
Pup
Pup

Your First WQ Game :)

Post by tuffpuppy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:54 pm

The first game people played on WolfQuest is usually interesting, because since it is their first game people are still trying to get the hang of the controls, finding new strategies, and seeing the glitches for the first time.
On my first WQ game, I was a silver wolf named Pandora. I easily defeated the Slough wolf and I jumped out of the chair when my wolf was killed by a Druid male :lol: Once I found a mateI went to the Burn and (foolishly) went straight for the bull elk. Pandora died and I got two of the most frustrating glitches. I realized I couldn't save and go to Slough Creek because I didn't save before, and I freaked out when I saw my wolf's dead body in front of me :lol: But that was it since I couldn't save that's just about it.
What was your first game like?
When life gives you lemons make apple juice and let everyone wonder how on earth you did it...

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: Your First WQ Game :)

Post by Thandi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:43 pm

My first Wolfquest game was kinda glitchy; It was way way back then when WolfQuest was first created, when there was red arrows and all that.

Anyways, unlike the game was programmed, instead of running off and finding a mate, I decided to hunt and look at the scenery. I hunting and killed around twenty elk in a week, little compared to how much some people hunted.

The scenery was very pretty though. I liked the tall trees and grass, I loved the game ever since. (:
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

BitterApple

Post by BitterApple » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 pm

I don't remember my wolf's name, but I think I was a white wolf.
I walked around the entire map for hours, trying to find a strange wolf to mate with. I didn't realize the map and compass showed you where to go.
I never even found a mate, I ended up getting frustrated and gave up.

bigchicken
Pup
Pup

Post by bigchicken » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Mine was a coyote color female named Apricot, I didn't know how to run so I gave up before I could get to the rendezvous. Then WAY later I learned how to run and started playing again.

+Sage+
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Probably in your fridge, eating your food. If not, in your ears playing a kazoo.

Post by +Sage+ » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:12 pm

I was a white wolf (Well, as white as possible) and kept making 90 degree turns =P. It took me quite a while to get a feeling for the controls, and my first hunting expedition was just a fail! I was running all over the map too, since I had no clue how to work the compass of the map... The next day was much better :P

-x- The_Grimmy -x-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by -x- The_Grimmy -x- » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 am

In my first came I was a black she-wolf. I spend ages wandering around trying to find a mate without realizing that I had to visit each of the three territories first. Then when I got up to raising the pups I didn't know that you could just howl to raise pack affinity, so I was crazily running around bringing them right to the den. And I got killed by bob several times. x.x

goldenwolf1
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by goldenwolf1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:19 am

my first game was very fun i was black with tints of white, it took about 3 hours to get a mate because i was so confused and then i moved onto SC i really enjoyed it but i had very annoying problem when whenever i got to next part of the level as soon as pressed wolfquest would shut down but i past that XD
i'm not around much but you see me now and then ;)

PlagueMutt

Post by PlagueMutt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:05 am

Oh, the good old days of Amethyst Mountain Deluxe! Such nostalgia!

Anyway, I was a medium gray wolf named Akira. I remember heading straight for the Slough territory and trying to make friends with the stranger wolf (rather unsuccessfully XD). Then I headed over to the Specimen territory and tried the same thing. I went back and forth between the two territories for awhile, eventually getting frustrated that none of the wolves wanted to be my mate. Then I went to the hunting grounds and quickly figured out how to hunt elk and rabbits and spent some time doing just that. After I got bored of killing things, I visited the Druid territory and nearly got myself killed. Luckily the game gave me the prompt to find a dispersal afterwards and I found new motivation.

Unfortunately, it took a whole lot more of running between territories to find a dispersal wolf. I was so happy when I finally did! After that I just ran around hunting and exploring with my mate for a few days before I got bored and stopped playing for several months.

Seranda7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Seranda7 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:25 am

At first, the tutorials were bugging me, so somehow I managed to disable them. Without it nagging me to find a mate, I decided to hunt. I probably would've died, only I couldn't figure out how to run. I spent forever stalking, then I'd leap out and they'd be gone. I think I was doing that for roughly three hours. Finally, I turned tutorials back on and when I logged back after I saved, certain the game was glitched, and the controls popped up. Oh. It turns out Q = run faster. After that it only took me about an hour to get a mate, then came the fun of SC. I raised my pups pretty well for the first few missions, then came that 'feed your pups' mission. I followed that weird sign in the compass (Cattle Ranch) and when I got there, I thought, this is great! I was there eating up the poor calf when I heard that barking. I was going to run, but I though, I can fight them off! Well, it turns out it's not the dogs you're worrying about. The barking got louder and louder, than BANG! I litterly fell out of my chair, and when I got up saw my wolf on the ground. After that I finished the mission with two pups, but I haven't gone back to the cattle ranch since.
Hey there!

You! Yes, you! You attractive person you!

Wanna know a secret?

http://www.serenityriverpack.com
(At 140+ members, we're the largest pack on WQ.)

NewMooon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NewMooon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:55 pm

I started out as the grey wolf with brown on its nose. I named my first wolf StormHawk ( boy name right?) I spent most of my time hunting int he burn, well at least atempting any way until I finally found a mate. Me and my friend found somewhere that said you could have pups (before slough creek) so we tried everything, from hunting bull elk with out dying, to howling, to just stand by our mate. Well now we know :mrgreen:
..........╔═╦╗────╔═╦═╗
..........║║║╠═╦╦╦╣║║║╠═╦═╦═╦═╦╗
..........║║║║╩╣║║║║║║║╬║╬║╬║║║║
..........╚╩═╩═╩══╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩═╩╩═╝

.........."life IS hard."
.........."~ŋɚɰ ɱøøŋ

Green Paws Team

TextArt© Nightly
Avvie© Crystal

MaxRide
Pup
Pup

Post by MaxRide » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:59 pm

My first WQ file ever... was an amazingly epic fail. Just putting that out there. The sad thing is, I can remember almost everything about it. It was exactly a week before Slough Creek came out. I didn't know squat about the game so I messed around the with controls so badly that my wolf somehow turned out horrible at everything. Running? Nope, too slow. Stamina? Pfft, a turtle could have run longer than I could. Strength? I died approximately fifty times when I foolishly attacked a bear, and I didn't even kill it. (Oh yeah, back in the good ol' days when the bears weren't scaredy cats.) My wolf was pitch black (no color tints, just the darkening bar all the way to the right) and her name was Echo. I can remember wondering around the circles thinking, If I stay along the left wall, I can find all of the packs and get a mate really easily! That worked all well and good until a hare popped out in my path and turned my around in a circle. I freaked out and started running to the nearest pack territory. And it and turned out, oops! I've already been here! >.> It took me over five hours to finish then game. I can remember finding the second wolf pack and letting out a whoop of delight, and scaring my mother to death! :lol: I didn't even know the map existed until Slough Creek came out. XD
~maxness~
αvvιε art (c) xxmoonfeatherxx, thanks! C:
"When you love someone, always write their name in a circle because hearts can be broken, and circles go on forever." ~anonymous

ShiroHeron
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ShiroHeron » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:45 pm

My first Wolquest game (Which was in December before I realized there was a forum) was a fail. I was talking to one of my friends on a live chat and she was telling me about her past wolf quest expierences. I selected single player and then, not knowing it was the wrong episode, selected Slough Creek. I sought guidance from my friend asking her what to do. Turns out I was supposed to select Amythest mountain, and what I did was apparently a glitch. Before relizing I was on the wrong episode I was running around desperatly looking for other wolves. My first wolf was a coyote colored wolf named Ankh.

PlagueMutt

Post by PlagueMutt » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:06 am

ShiroHeron wrote:My first Wolquest game (Which was in December before I realized there was a forum) was a fail. I was talking to one of my friends on a live chat and she was telling me about her past wolf quest expierences. I selected single player and then, not knowing it was the wrong episode, selected Slough Creek. I sought guidance from my friend asking her what to do. Turns out I was supposed to select Amythest mountain, and what I did was apparently a glitch. Before relizing I was on the wrong episode I was running around desperatly looking for other wolves. My first wolf was a coyote colored wolf named Ankh.
I bet those scent marks drove you crazy when they lead you to the invisible wall or disappeared.

Jadeye
Pup
Pup

Post by Jadeye » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:20 am

my first game was in AM deluxe. I was a almost coyote colored wolf named Lily. I was board so I got a mate and ran off to the burns and killed my first bull in the dry river. That hunt was very drematic after my mate died hunting and it inspired me to kill more elk so we herded elks out of the burns and killed them off the spot. about 50 elk a day was the standerd hunt until I lost the file when geting a new computer.
I am back, the dream has come true. Thank you developers for the fantastic game!

Howleen
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Kodex

Post by Howleen » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 am

The first time I played WQ was totally silly... I didn't know the "Q" button, so I didn't understand why my wolf is so slow (because I had the speed to maximal) XD
New account @ Kodex.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”