Your First WQ Game :)

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

altias
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Rowan

Re: Your First WQ Game :)

Post by altias » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:19 pm

I had a black wolf named Cosla.
I didn't fill in the name. It was already filled.
No idea why o-o
But I mostly stayed around Amethyst Mountain.

✦ ✧ follow the stars ✧ ✦
they / them or ae/aer pronouns | nonbinary | 23 years old
previously cosla27 | my deviantart | my wolfquest blog

SaljuLestari
Pup
Pup

Post by SaljuLestari » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:27 pm

My first WQ was absolutely terrible. Lol. I got my mate easily enough, but after I had my puppies, within five minutes, two were dead. :( Then when I went on the journey the hawk took one of my pups. And after drowning my remaining pup twice, I made it to the end.

And I didn't know I could run until my fourth game. Lolz.
"When the night is silent, don't forget to look around. You're being hunted." ~SL

-Hades
Pup
Pup

Post by -Hades » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:23 pm

The first wolf I had was named Snowball. I was frustrated and didn't know why none of the wolves were becoming my mate. I thought it would be automatic at first. |D The first Dispersal I met rejected me as a mate. .3. I don't think I ever took her to Slough Creek... That was on my last, old, laggy computer so I don't have any of my old files anymore. I created a new wolf named Snow this time.
M Y T H I C A L

WolvesAndSpiders
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by WolvesAndSpiders » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:46 pm

My first WQ file was a complete fail! I was a light gray wolf named Midnight. i didn't know Q was run, so i spent my time trying to hunt elk. I would sneak up on them and jump to find them running in the other direction.
The scent markers really ticked me off. My old computer had a glitch (yellow ground) and i couldn't find the scent markers. I spent about an hour wandering around Soda Butte pack terriotry, trying to find the wolf that would mate with me.
I got so ticked I retired from WQ for a while, then I went back on after a week or two, when my friend showed me how to run and go into the pack's territory.
I was so happy i gave her a gigantic hug and spent hours playing on WQ, searching for a mate. After a few weeks i found a mate and named him Storm. I was so happy, we went on my first succesful hunting mission. My mate just about ate all the carcass.
I spent so much time hunting and exploring with my mate, i never made it to SC. Soon, i got another computer and the file was erased. i started over and named my wolf and mate the same and continued on to SC
☽pills don't help, but it sure is funny☾
undercover-mcr-peach.tumblr.com
Icon © LupinzPack

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:13 pm

My first game was a female wolf named Silver. There were some frustrating glitches early on, such as one where your wolf would forever remain in the biting position, and one that messed up the save files, but quick updates fixed these. (This was back when they first released it and were spending more time fixing glitches than thinking about the next episode.) I had around 200,000 exp, without cheating. This was around... was it March 2008? Then I was stupid thinking that my save files would be incompatible with the AMDeluxe beta, and deleted them, eventually emptying my recycling bin. Then they're like, "You know, you really didn't have to delete them, your old save files will work just fine with any game updates..." Whoops. xD I wouldn't have had that file at this point anyway, though, since that computer died about a year ago.
██████████████

Kiba_1996
Pup
Pup
Location: Bucharest, Romania(for those who never heard about this country it is Count Dracula's homeland)

Post by Kiba_1996 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:50 pm

My first WQ game was nice and awful at the same time. The first territory I visited was the Druid's. The black male who's the most aggressive almost killed me and he was the first one I met. I chose the first dispersal female I found (her pelt was a redish tan). When I went to SC she didn't hunt with me which really annoyed me. I peaked up the den that was next to the creek. I had 300,000 experience points but I had no albino pup in the litter (this disappointed me). After I marked the territory for the first time the little map turned black and neither peeing nor howling made the territory quality to grew. Then stranger wolves started appearing everywhere and they were very aggressive. Coyotes killed 2 of my pups because when I saw them I thought it was my mate. The final mission started and the eagle appeared and freaked me out. It killed one of my pups so I ended up with only one pup (the wanderer). Then I didn't knew where I should go. I went to the Saddle Meadows den and after a long time i realized that I had to go where the star was. When the whole pack started howling all of a sudden and the pop-up saying "You Made It" appeared I was very confused.

So if i think better my first game was a total nightmare.
"I've got nowhere to go back to, so I have no choice but to move forward."
Kiba - Wolf's Rain

Avvie by me

http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175061629

Alkyona
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Alkyona » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:22 pm

I can just about remember my first ever game on WQ. I don't remember what colours I chose or the name etc. But I do remember pretty much failing at a lot of it.

I had absolutely no idea what controls were what and I only discovered them by pressing each key on my keyboard. (:
It took me ages to figure out what I had to do to get a mate (yes, I know it explained it in the pop-up; but I was too eager to play to read that ^^). So to fill in my frustration I spent a vast majority of my time hunting elk and chasing after the rare hare.
I figured out what I had to do by randomly wandering around and either dominating or killing wolves in the territories (I actually read that pop-up this time). After that it was all plain sailing and I would just hunt all the time.

In SC, I was certain to read all the pup-ups that time around and got by pretty well. Until it came to defending them, then it just all went down hill and they all ended up dying. I managed to keep 1 alive the second time around though. (:
l í g o__a l k y ó n a

-------------------------------
consequence of indecision and deception
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52229
-------------------------------

Victorious Faith
Pup
Pup
Name: Faith
Location: If I'm online, I'm probably at the computer. Likely typing my fingers off on some forum or story.

Post by Victorious Faith » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm

My first wolf quest game . . . let's see. I'll say my first AM game and my first game after Slough Creek was freshly new.
Amethyst Mountain:
I could move around smooth enough, but when I was chasing a coyote, it was hard killing it. What was the funniest, most confusing part was when I was wondering: "How do I eat it? I can't eat it!"
Back then I was a coward in video games and never dared to try out things. So whenever I saw a bear pop and stand on its back legs I freaked out and sprinted for dear life. :roll: Now I know how I looked to that bear when those grizzlies sprint off like they think the wolf is their worst nightmare and I'm going to eat it alive.

My first game in Slough Creek was tricky. I picked the Saddle Meadows den and that was bad with all the glitches and the inexperienced me and the rough terrain. All pups died, and then my mate went into regurgitating mode and glided off making balls of food all the way to the edge of the map . . . There were like 4 coyotes that swarmed over my last puppy. I'm glad they fixed the glitches, but it still took a while for me to pull up Wolf Quest again.
.:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:.
The Moon Tree Chronicles~~
Script writing has begun!

http://moontreechronicles.forumotion.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Incarcenon

Inu-Kami
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: In the forest....in the mountains....swimming in the sea...sleeping..On my bed :3

Post by Inu-Kami » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:44 pm

My first game went well, however i had a brown wolf, and i would run around for hours intill i got a mate. I kept looking at the map, i dont know if I went hunting for the first time but it took me a while. Also, I think my wolf died from battling a male wolf. But was really fun the first time.

Im glad I got the game, it was worth the download :)
Guess who is a banana? :3

LordWolfey
Pup
Pup

Post by LordWolfey » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 am

My 1st game I had a female wolf called Wolfey (my fave name :D) I got over excited and got killed by elk and bears all the time >.<
My first mate was a brown wolf named Alba. I lost the game so those two wolves never got to slough creek Dx
I love starting a game for the first time... normaly I get over excited and die with in three seconds XD
~*~*~*~*Wolfey*~*~*~*~

-Meh-

-A.K.A: SheWolfey + Wolfey20

http://shewolfey.deviantart.com/

Shimook
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shimook » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Well, let's see.. My wolf's name was Shimook, as is. I was soo excited to find a game where
i could actually portray a wolf! haha It was quite fun, actually. I loved killing the coyotes at least. It took me about a year or more to figure out to get a mate on single player though....
I'm nothing but a lone wolf, misunderstood and labeled to be dangerous.

Nahani
Pup
Pup

Post by Nahani » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:09 pm

My first game was fun and interesting, finding out the controls first, and finding out where to go and how to get a mate and all. My first wolf was Maya, she was a tan grey and white wolf. my mate was: shadow(mose popular name to start off as and now is to present^^) ofcourse encountering a druld wolf was complicated at first until I got the hang to actually defeat them, they would almost kill me but sometimes they give in, i do too to alligator them off, and when they attack with a slightest pint of health I kill em on the spot ^^
~*~*~*~*Alpha Female of The Wind Storm Pack*~*~*~*~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54700
Avvie (c) TheGreatAbyss

Kristofferson
Pup
Pup

Post by Kristofferson » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 am

My first game, I had (like many of us when we started) no idea what i was doing, and i thought the coyote was my mate so i kept following it around until i found out it was a different canine :lol:

¤

"МλЛУ ŁЄλVЄς, ΘЛЄ ŤЯЄЄ
WЄЯЄ λŁŁ ΐЛĐΐVΐĐϋλŁς, βϋŤ WЄЯЄ ςŤΐŁŁ CΘЛЛЄCŤЄĐ."

¤
{ Signature by Emberflare } ~ { Icon by myself }

-Mahina-

Post by -Mahina- » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:01 am

My first WQ game? Oh, that's so long ago, where do I even begin? Can I even think back to 2007? xD

My first wolf was Sierra(Real original, IKR?) She is what started my whole "Why don't I pretend I'm a wolfdog in Wolfquest?" Obsession. So, I pretended I was Sierra the Wolfdog. I wandered around a little bit, looking like an even bigger idiot than I looked on MP. I pressed every key, wondering "Oh, what does this do? Whoa, how did that happen?" Well after wandering, I finally found a mate, and we went hunting. Well, I just stood there, watching the trees like they were some foreign substance, while my mate ran around hunting elk. I didn't know how to run, so I followed him around a little bit. I figured it out, and we took down an elk. I was all, little kid happy xDD

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Kali

Post by Alpha Female » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:29 pm

My first WQ game was interesting. xD
It was before Slough Creek came out, and only AM was available. I basically wandered around since I had no idea what to do. Once I realized how to find a mate and stuff, I started looking for one and going into the social arenas. I remember thinking how exciting it was running around through AM, and being able to chase off bears and hunt. I also though AM seemed huge, though nowadays it doesn't seem that big. x3
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”