Your First WQ Game :)

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Mayachi
Pup
Pup

Re: Your First WQ Game :)

Post by Mayachi » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:41 pm

I started playing a long time ago but I never joined the forums. I had a white wolf named.. I think it was Unita.. but it was pretty glitchy because it was the first version that came out. My mate was really stupid. He ran around in circles while I hunted.
♦And it's obvious that your dying, dying.♦
♦Just living proof that the camera's lying.♦
♦And oh oh open wide, 'cause this is your night.♦
♦So smile, 'cause you'll go out in style.♦
♦You'll go out in style.♦

Dark Rumour

Post by Dark Rumour » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:33 pm

When I first played WQ, I was a white wolf named, "Mary", and I had no clue on how to find a mate. I first went to the hunting grounds and hunted a successful hunt (with carcass feedings in-between ;)). After that I went to each wolf territory...twice. It was then I found out that dispersal wolves were what you had to aim for. I got WQ episode 1.5 you could say, the deluxe version, so I had to wait for Slough Creek. By then I was very familiar with everything because I made more and more AM games. When Slough Creek came, all my pups died my first try :( but it was a fun experience. I made more AM games and went on to SC. I still make new games for fun and make up new stories. :)

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Well let me think.I first played the game back in 2008 when the first Deluxe game was out.I remember being a female wolf (don't remember the name) and I believe she was colored as a basic grey timber wolf.
I was very happy to have finally found the game I only dreamed of having so I remember being very disappointed when I realized that there was only one mission to play. :| The funny thing was the way I tried to find a mate.I turned on the scent view and started exploring like that thinking that I will eventually find a scent mark of another wolf. :lol: It took quite a few hours before i understood what I had to do and how to do it.
As for the hunting part,I don't think I dyed the first time I tried.I had a problem with my game being very slow and crashing when I enter the hunting ground but I still spent a lot of time in the hunting field. :mrgreen:
In the cold breeze that I walk along
The memories haunt me
Been forever since I cried the pain and sorrow
I live and die,proud of my people gaining

I'm standing at the edge
starin up at where the moon should be
Until my soul starts howling
Stray!

SandStorm01
Pup
Pup
Location: In The Griffindor Common Room Sitting Next to Harry Potter. o.0

Post by SandStorm01 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Hmm... my first wolf quest game?
Um, April 2010? IDK
I was a black wolf named Fang, i was hopelessly wandering around, and tried to howl, but i didnt know how so i pressed every button..... except for "H''... I accidentally skipped it! I didnt know how to run, so i kept clicking "R" over and over.. I thought my computers keyboard was jammed, so i checked, and it wasn't... xD I didn't know what the map was, to i pressed random buttons.. i found the "M" key and went to the map and was like "AHH WHAT THE GOSH IS FOSSIL FOREST?!?" I thought there would be real fossils... >.< I also didnt care to read pop ups, i thought they were spam or something.. lol don't judge me i don't remember! xD I was clueless on scent view.. I eventually went to scent view and thought it was a glitch that it was black and white and grey... lol, i got scared and quit the game for a few hours... Then my older sister came on and told me how to do it, and she never ever even heard about wolf quest... Lol, IDK maybe a mind reader but for computers? Well, i found my way to the Soda Butte Vista, But i didnt know what the scent marks were, so i tried to AVOID THEM! It led me out but i followed the scent marks.. lets see, three hours later? I got to the wolf and went to the arena.. AHH i didnt know what to do... i clicked... i think it was "I'm no threat to you". It bit me and i clicked "I give in!" and then i kept clicking "I give in!" and "I'm no threat to you!" until i died. xD I found my way to the other territories, And encountered a Dispersal Male, then i thought that meant something, and new keys showed up.. And at the druids territory i had learned to be aggressive... Lol, i was mean to him and he ran off. LOL! I found another and said: "I like you" but he didnt do anything.. I tried: "lets start a pack!" ... nothing. I clicked: "Lets play!" And he rejected me for a mate! Then i eventually learned you had to click them in this order: "Hello there!, I like you, Lets play, Lets start a pack, lets start a pack!" and got a mate and named him claw... I went to the aspen territory by wandering, and never hunted so i ended up dying for no reason, at least to my view.. Lol, i then learned that i have health.. lol! i marked my territory learning how to P, lol joke, and i had pups.. lol, i thought the bob was good, and THREE PUPS DIED! coyote got the other, and i never got past the defend your pups mission... lol That was my very long story and sorry for the longness. =-D
Signatures are for
L.O.S.E.R.S.

OHWAIT.

Break Out
Yearling
Yearling
Location: • Chillin with the fictional characters of Gorillaz on Plastic Beach •

Post by Break Out » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:19 am

Hurr Hurr >:3
I remember my first Multiplayer game... It was 2008 (or 2009\:) and I thought the single player was great. I had the controls mostly figured out, except... for the chat button. So, for a while I wandered from host to host, pressing random keys and getting very angry I couldn't tell anyone I needed help... Then I found the help screen with all of the keys and saw the chat button is C xD
.................'..................♥ Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ ♥
........................¸¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸¸.
.......................All I need, all all I need...
......................'..............Is you
..........'...'......................ƨɱɪʅɪɲʛ
...............'...........At me, all all I need,
.............'..........All I need, all all I need,
.......................All I need, all all I need...
................................Is ʅɪƒє, ʅovє
..............'....................ɯɪƭɦ ɣơυ
........................¸¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸¸.
.......................♫ Av/Sig =JeansHowl/Crystal
.......................Lyrics ~ AWOLNATION! ♫

silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At the Slendy donation center. WHY YOU PEOPLE STEAL HIS PAPERS. WHY.

Post by silvywolfy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:41 am

i can't remember i think i was the second suggested pattern and the game was called!!!.... dun dun dun dun dun!___<---that's what it was called... :3
ANYWAY! this is how i started: OHMYGOSH LISTEN TO THE MUSIC THIS IS SO COOL 8D (started with slough creek version BTW ;) ) i remember starting single player... i was like: 0.0 this game is AWESOME!! XD i made my wolf and i told you what she was like. i just ran around randomly in the same place.then i saw a carcass and i was like OOH! i wonder how you eat it! so i saw that little thingy in the corner: press "?" for help. so i did (well duh o.0) then i read all the controls BUT the running key! so i ate the carcass and then said: hmm ill leave that for later ^^ so i did.then i walked around and killed a coyote by walking (TRUE STORY!) then i saw the mountain-background-thingy. i was like... O.O LOOK HOW FAR I CAN GO! 8D so i walked towards it then i was like: what the? o.0 an invisible wall? O_O. OK so then i went to a wolf territory and i got very confused with the yellow dots i followed them everywhere (i was in slough wolves territory). soon i found a wolf and was like: I CAN GET A MATE :] so i tried acting kind to him and he chased me off and i was like... O_O. then i accidently pressed "o" and the camera just went weird so i was like: huh? o.0. i just lived with it and tried again and again to be mates with the wolves. i soon gave up and went on youtube. i saw them running and was like: O.O HOW DO YA DO THAT??? (i found out later but here's what happened after i went on youtube) i went hunting by walking and caught nothing. XD. well this is getting too long i better stop. i found out how to play it later on a youtube video ^^ bye!
Last edited by silvywolfy on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
- MOVING ACCOUNTS IN A DAY OR TWO -

New account will be: Silvy_Courage

Cyrstalle
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cyrstalle » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:47 am

I didn’t know ANYTHING about the game.
I just wandered and wandered and every wolf I’d submit to thinking they’d become my mate. I did this like ten times and then I was like…. OH WAIT! AMETHYST MOUNTAIN IS THE NAME OF THE THING! THAT’S WHERE MY MATE’LL BE! And out of sheer luck I met my mate there…then forgot to save.
My first multiplayer experience was… Me and my friend caught an elk and were stinking out! We called eachother and went to eachother’s houses because of how AWESOME it was…. Wow. Just… wow.

Lexwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Lexwolf » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:38 am

I remember my first wolf. She was a pitch black wolf named Midnight. I'd read a Wikihow article and watched a video half a million times before even downloading the game, so I already knew how to play. (This was in 2010, when the current version :?: had come out already.) I remember being so excited to play that I made my sister come watch me. Midnight's mate was a gray Specimen wolf named Twilight. And then I got off the game (yes I saved it) and I remember my sister telling me not to get pups until she woke up. So the next morning I created a new wolf, and then when my sister woke up I went to Midnight's game and went to SC. I chose Saddle Meadows as my den, but then I left because I was scared of losing all my pups. Then I tried to go to AM with Midnight, but I found that I couldn't because I'd saved the SC file under the same name, only I didn't know that. I found out later what happened, and I was all, "Oh." And then I remember going on that game again, and I accidentally saved Midnight as both Midnight and a different file, and I panicked because I forgot that AM and SC are in different folders. I shut down the computer and restarted it, and then when I went to the different file on AM it was still there. However, I never checked to see if that file on SC was still saved as Midnight... :| My first game was interesting.
Wolves of the West Lands

Our clan is old as time.
Our history weaves through the decades.
Our leaders are young and strong.
And their story is just begun.

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67979

Solar Wind Dragon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Solar Wind Dragon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 pm

I had no idea how to find a mate. I didn't know how to open the map and find pack territory, I thought the wolf on the compass was a coyote and I had to avoid it, and I was literally going insane because I was so confused. Now, I'm able to find a mate in less than eight minutes.
You gotta stand up tall, learn to face your fears. You'll see that thy can't hurt you so just laugh to make 'em disappear!
- Granny Pie

MaxRide
Pup
Pup

Post by MaxRide » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:04 pm

I was a black wolf named Echo. I didn't know the map existed until Slough Creek came out a week later, so I'd convinced myself to stay along the left wall to get around. XD Newbie fail. I died a million times when I tried to hunt, and my mate (which I FINALLY got after five hours of running in circles) was a brainless zombie. He never killed anything, never helped me hunt, nothing. He was a lazy bump on a log. Between the to of us, we were a helpless mess. XD
~maxness~
αvvιε art (c) xxmoonfeatherxx, thanks! C:
"When you love someone, always write their name in a circle because hearts can be broken, and circles go on forever." ~anonymous

XxWolfQueenxX
Pup
Pup

Post by XxWolfQueenxX » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:09 pm

My first Wolf Quest game. Oh my gosh. I didn't know the "Q" button, so I walked everywhere. And I didn't even know where I was walking to because I didn't know about the map! I also died about a million times because I could hunt, and I didn't know the "v" key, so I could find any elk that were already dead. And after a few tries trying to get hares I gave up.
You can take everything I have,

You can break everything I am,

Like i'm made of glass, like i'm made of paper,

Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper.

tuffpuppy
Pup
Pup

Post by tuffpuppy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:57 am

I can't remember my first single player game because I kinda went crazy and created a dozen games in one day, but I remember my first multiplayer game pretty well.

I went to a game called PackRp and right when I came everyone else started telling me to describe, but I didn't know what that meant! I stayed there probably for about ten minutes trying to figure out what they were telling me and eventually gave up thinking, "These people are crazy!"
Next game I joined someone explained what it meant though and I was like, "oh...."
When life gives you lemons make apple juice and let everyone wonder how on earth you did it...

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 am

I don't really remember what I did the first time I player WQ, because it was too long ago haha. But I do remember that I needed to watch a youtube video to understand how to get a mate on Singleplayer. After I completed the mission, I started playing at Multiplayer and then just played Singleplayer when the new episode was out.
Former WolfQuest Moderator
May '09 User of the Month

Fallenshadow1319
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Fallenshadow1319 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Mine went somewhat smoothly. I first started sometimes in 2010 I think.

So, I open the game and click single player. I played around with the colors and stuff until I just decided to be white :7 I was a female and I forgot what her stats were, I think they were strength and stamina all the way up and speed in the middle. I forgot what I named her. When I started playing, I read up all the controls, except for the camera orbit. When I started, the camera didn't follow me, so I got really mad while I fixed the camera every single time I turned. I read through the controls again and fixed it :3 Unlike a lot of people I figured out right away how to work the map, scent view and stranger wolves. I found a white male, I THINK his name was Steel, but I can't be sure. I went to slough creek. Heh, the defend your pups mission was fun. I lost 3 pups before figuring out what I needed to do. My last pup was of course a white female and her name was Amia. I eventually made it to the summer den but it took way longer than it had to. I had randomly decided to stay on top of Little Butte for about an hour, then I figured out the map and kept Amia safe while we worked our way over there. I've had thousands of games since then. I don't play anymore though.
-Moved to Froward Schatzi-

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:38 pm

I discovered WolfQuest in 2012 (I think). My first time playing was interesting and full of discoveries, and not too chaotic. But things went downhill when I advanced to Slough Creek, mostly because of glitches and coyotes.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”