Mates - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Mates - Your opinion?

Bad
21%
OK
25%
Good
13%
Great
17%
TERRIBLE
24%

Total votes: 119

Sandypelt
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Mates - Your opinion?

Post by Sandypelt » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:41 am

I think it's a bad idea. I mean, what's the point? Lol one time this guy asked a girl to be his mate and she was like "sure...?" And they just sat there doing nothing so finally she left. I do think that, if we were to ever get the funding to fix computer-mates' brains up a bit, then it would be cool to have them in multiplayer to help in hunts and defend your den. But like many have said, you don't know who that guy or girl is! What if your some innocent 13 year old girl (or guy) and he's some 57 year old man (or woman). So definitely no, mates should not be allowed. I mean, what are they going to do for you that a computer-mate wouldn't? Hunt? Nope. Be just really disgusting and innappropiate? Yup. So there's my opinion :D
I ♥ wolves!!!

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:05 am

Desoto343 wrote:
Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:Someone came into my server and they said, "You will be my mate." I obviously said no, and they said, "Oh my gosh you broke my heart I'm reporting you!"
LOL
LOL, that's a bit dramatic
Someone's drama queen/-king :lol:

And yes, mate-related MP games should still be not allowed. It is stupid. Every time I join a game, sooner or later, someone joins and says they don't have mate (or whatever they can say).. it's so annoying! :evil: As many people have said, mates should only stay in single player.
Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:I don't think "mates" are very smart, or safe. I think that the people looking for "mates" are just sad, lonely, depressed people who want love. But meeting a stranger online and becoming "mates" is just stupid. You might be a 16 year old girl, and the person becoming your "mate" could be a 50 year old guy with 600 eyes, 40 chins, and 93 noses. It's honestly unlikely anyone looks like that, but hey anything is possible! xD But that really is what I say to people who become "mates" with strangers. If you are looking for love, get off your lazy rear end and start searching.
Yeah, that's right 8)
"Just say something!"
"Something."

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:41 am

I remember a very lovely thread created about this a loooong time ago. :3

People don't know the rules - they don't read the current ones on the forum/site, and if they do, they don't listen. Because "everyone else" is hosting mate-related/joining mate related chats, what "everyone else is doing is okay" and then they come to the conclusion that either "I should be doing what everyone else is doing" or "everyone else is doing this so that makes it automatically right." Quite the contrary.

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Koa wrote:I remember a very lovely thread created about this a loooong time ago. :3

People don't know the rules - they don't read the current ones on the forum/site, and if they do, they don't listen. Because "everyone else" is hosting mate-related/joining mate related chats, what "everyone else is doing is okay" and then they come to the conclusion that either "I should be doing what everyone else is doing" or "everyone else is doing this so that makes it automatically right." Quite the contrary.
In Sociological terms, that behaviour is called social conformity :) . Once 2.5 comes out (along with the help of the WQRT), we can use this against them without the players even realizing!

tattoo215
Pup
Pup

Post by tattoo215 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:11 pm

SpiritPelt wrote:Adding to Croix- If you had a stranger as a mate, who knows who they could be. And, once they've got a little trust in you, they might be able to find out where you are, and who you are. It is also inappropriate, in some chats the content may be disturbing to other players. I think it was Zethra who said this, but one of the moderators said that mostly the COPPA users are the ones making inappropriate chats.

My opinion is that WQ should continue to bring out words from the chat, though it is a bit sad to not be able to talk normally because the words are limited, it will make a difference in chat content. So, to wrap it all up, I think mates should stay in Single Player only. ;D
Well if you were smart enough you wouldnt get a mate, but, people have came to my server and threatened to report me just by saying "no" to "want to be my mate?"
The stupidest things.
"Even angels have their wicked schemes,
And you take that to new extremes,
But you'll always be my hero,
Even though you've lost your mind."

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:10 pm

I was in my server called "RealisticWolfRP" and this n00b came in and wouldn't stop asking if everyone would be his/her mate. Almost everyone said no. But somone said yes, and she was like, "Of course I'll be your mate! Wow I love you already!"
Later that day, I hosted a server called "AnythingRP." The same two people came in. I told them to please leave if they won't RolePlay, but they wouldn't listen to me (obviouisly). Then one of them said, "You are beautiful." I asked him if he has ever even seen her in real life and the obvious answer was "no." So how does he know if she is someone he would call beautiful?
One raindrop among millions.

tattoo215
Pup
Pup

Post by tattoo215 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:I was in my server called "RealisticWolfRP" and this n00b came in and wouldn't stop asking if everyone would be his/her mate. Almost everyone said no. But somone said yes, and she was like, "Of course I'll be your mate! Wow I love you already!"
Later that day, I hosted a server called "AnythingRP." The same two people came in. I told them to please leave if they won't RolePlay, but they wouldn't listen to me (obviouisly). Then one of them said, "You are beautiful." I asked him if he has ever even seen her in real life and the obvious answer was "no." So how does he know if she is someone he would call beautiful?
Wow - thats strange. When I say "Mate" I mean as like a companion for the roleplay, not a lover for life. People cant understand that...

Lupinwolf600_
Pup
Pup
Location: Why do you want to know that? I'm a liar you know im not gonna tell you the truth.

Post by Lupinwolf600_ » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:51 pm

When people come in and ask someone to be there mate it is actually pretty funny
because they say meat as a loophole. So it sounds like this: will you be my meat? lol
I dont think people in multiplayer should even think about having mates. I have never seen anybody
start getting innaproppriate with this but im sure there are people that do. I dont think its a big deal
if you make a fake rp mate though as long as you dont get innapropriate with it.
..........''..............ϟ-Ƒὗʀẏ-ϟ

.................¸¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸.
.......When this black she-wolf opened
.........'.....her beautiful violet eyes,
.......the world learned the true meaning of
........'...........AWESOME.
.................¸¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸.
............Avatar © Crystaltheglaceon
..........Signature © Crystaltheglaceon

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:52 am

Well even if you do just have a mate for the RolePlay, you never know... one of them could be serious and start trying to find you. And I just find it creepy, being with someone you don't even know, even if it's only for the RolePlay. And especially the way people say it... I was in this one server called "LionsRP" and the person described as~
Blade, boy, no meat really really wants one!
That made me wonder about that person. So anyways he eventually came up to me and said~
Bows to you and lick, your paw be my meat?
Honestly, I said no. And that person said~
Just for the rp?
Obviously another no... I just wonder about people sometimes.
One raindrop among millions.

dustydawn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by dustydawn » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:52 am

Mates. I honestly think that it has gone way to far on MP. WolfQuest has done everything to get those words that they are using out of there, and yet they still get around them? They can't just drop the, 'meat, meet, ect.' subject? I really think people have gone to far with this stuff. Nice to hear what all of you others think! ^ this is all my opinion, like or dislike. ;D And exactly what Croix said earlier, I completely agree with that. ^^ <3
" too many feelings "

" and love is a word used too much and much too soon "
icon : soranofavalor

Seranda7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Seranda7 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:13 pm

In the defence of noobs, I have a few words.

No doubt nearly all of you got an account so you could play on multi games, not so you could post here. I can tell you that for at least the first two weeks after my account was activated I didn't even know that there were guidelines. So, naturally, when everyone else is looking for a mate in the multi games, it seems like the right thing to do. Give the noobs a break. Many don't know there even are rules.

But, that is still not an excuse for abusive and inappropriate behaviour. I agree that mates shouldn't be allowed, but it should be easier for noobs to find this out.
Hey there!

You! Yes, you! You attractive person you!

Wanna know a secret?

http://www.serenityriverpack.com
(At 140+ members, we're the largest pack on WQ.)

Howleen
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Kodex

Post by Howleen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:16 am

I say that it's bad, bad, bad. And a big, fat dot. Mates/mating/gender-related things and such are already not allowed on WolfQuest, and I think it's right. You know, it doesn't look very good when the multiplayer chats are only about mates etc. Just soo not right. They have single player for mates.

I've heard those people saying that nobody's got banned for breaking rules anyways, and they wouldn't get anything. Oh really? I wouldn't say so.
New account @ Kodex.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:30 am

Mates are just not allowed, period.
There are many, many ways to RP without having to talk about mates, but people decide to do it anyway. Most people take it way too far in MP, most likely the reason why its not allowed. In Single Player, at least its appropriate and younger children can still play (plus it's educational as well). People in MP just take it too far and it becomes extremely innapropriate.
So, I personally believe that mates should be kept in single player. There's so many other things you can do besides RP mates or mate-related behavior. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Solar Wind Dragon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Solar Wind Dragon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 am

I was being stalked by someone because they wanted me to be their mate. It was super annoying.
You gotta stand up tall, learn to face your fears. You'll see that thy can't hurt you so just laugh to make 'em disappear!
- Granny Pie

tattoo215
Pup
Pup

Post by tattoo215 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Solar Wind Dragon wrote:I was being stalked by someone because they wanted me to be their mate. It was super annoying.
I was being stalked by someone because they wanted to be my pup. That was also very annoying.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”