Mates - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Mates - Your opinion?

Bad
21%
OK
25%
Good
13%
Great
17%
TERRIBLE
24%

Total votes: 119

Kyrarah
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Mates - Your opinion?

Post by Kyrarah » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 am

I remember the first time I played MultiPlayer. There were two people... Breeding. ECK. People always want things to go to the other side. ECK.

Fallenshadow1319
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Fallenshadow1319 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Tita wrote:I think mates are fine if handled correctly and carefully.
But, you know, kids aren't mature enough for that.
^ My thoughts.

I can see why WQ wants to ban them, because the way people are these days, they can make something so innocent become so inappropriate. If you are very G rated and don't get the slightest inappropriate, I think it's fine. But I am very bothered when two wolves are all over each other in RP. Talk to other wolves, rp with other wolves, be with your friends once in a while, don't just focus on one wolf throughout your whole MP time.
-Moved to Froward Schatzi-

Miku Hatsune
Pup
Pup

Post by Miku Hatsune » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Yup. Having a mate is SO disturbing, even though you get one in single player. Like, honestly. Where's the protest against that?

Oh, yeah. There isn't one. Now if they're roleplaying the actual mating or whatever, then it gets out of control. But just being mates is fine by me. I mean, really. I don't participate in such games (Unless I troll c:) but things are being so strict. You can't even do so much as say a pronoun without being attacked by filters and reporters alike. And aren't mates realistic? I do, in fact, strongly dislike it when people go around bothering you about being mates and all, but they're just kids. So I say, just let them have their fun. I'm probably going to get a whole lot of crap for this post, but whatever. I have an opinion, and it won't change.
#Carefree Mofo
ι тσσк α киιfє αи∂ ¢υт συт нєя єує
ι тσσк ιт нσмє αи∂ ωαт¢нє∂ ιт
ωιтнєя αи∂ ∂ιє
ѕнє'ѕ ℓυ¢ку тнαт ι ∂ι∂и'т ѕℓιρ нєя α ѕмιℓє
иσw ѕнє ѕℓєєρѕ ωιтн єує σρєи
тнαтѕ тнє ρяι¢є ѕнє ραι∂...
icon by jewelz

BlueWinters
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlueWinters » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Mates should be okay, but I mean if they are 'all over each other' something should be done. I also don't understand why you all feel the need to block out genders. Creating a rp character gets real irritating if you can't even name the gender. :/ Real wolves have genders, y'know?
Yeah...

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:50 am

First time I played the game I rarely saw any type of interaction about mating.
(This was back in 2009, people)
Though nowadays it gets out of control and I get irritated when only users come to my rooms looking for a mate, then they leave not satisfied of what they were looking for. Describing a mating session in an inappropriate way, yeah I've seen it too much already.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Wonderland Summer
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wonderland Summer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:08 pm

JUST REPORT EM'! Just report, report, and report again. Those users having mates aren't going to stop acting that way UNLESS they are warned. Then they'll get with the program. I myself used to think having a mate in MP was okay, and then some nice user said your breakin' them rules. So i stopped. Don't be shy, report them bad users.
¨¨
|¨ Wonderland Summer ¨|
It's all fun and games
till somebody loses their
|..╚═ MIND ═╝..|
¨¨
Signature - Raven
Lyrics- Taylor Swift's Wonderland

Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Edme1 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:18 pm

BlueWinters wrote:Mates should be okay, but I mean if they are 'all over each other' something should be done. I also don't understand why you all feel the need to block out genders. Creating a rp character gets real irritating if you can't even name the gender. :/ Real wolves have genders, y'know?
Gender-related stuff was banned after people used it in an abusive way. Quite a bummer for the people who are mature enough to use words like that appropriately.

On the mates issue, I personally don't like mates at all, even if the people aren't describing stuff in detail. I just see it as people who want to draw attention to themselves by simply having a mate/pups in the first place. I find it to be annoying and unnecessary, but that's just my opinion.
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

Miku Hatsune
Pup
Pup

Post by Miku Hatsune » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:16 am

I find it silly that we can't even say pronouns nowadays. I can't even say 'She walked' without getting filtered all over the place.
ωιтнєя αи∂ ∂ιє
icon by jewelz

iGoat
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: At my computer. What, you thought I'd give you an accurate answer?

Post by iGoat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 am

I totally agree with the rules. Mating should not be allowed.

I have had mates before, and I thought I could trust them. But now that I'm older, I realize what I was doing was wrong. Now I don't trust them anymore.

Having a lover or a mate over the internet is possibly life threatening, you do not know who they might be. They could pose as someone they're not. And once they get your information, you are in danger. They might use some hacking program and use it to take over your email address, get to your banking account (if you have one), and may even find your home address.

I would only trust someone I knew in real life, really knew. A close friend, for example.

I may be young, but I know the dangers of the internet.
iGoat no haves a signature yet, loool!

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:14 am

IGoat wrote:I have had mates before, and I thought I could trust them. But now that I'm older, I realize what I was doing was wrong. Now I don't trust them anymore.
I used to be the same way when I first played the game x3 Then I realized after a few years that mates aren't as pleasant to be with. Especially when immature action are heard/seen during game-play. Most likely by younger kids.

I still get an audience of users finding a mate and approach me, or other users and it's just tiring to see people do this.
Yes it's a wolf game and wolves mate 'naturally' but as in a way it's inappropriate as how they play out this role.

I still miss the days where the filter wasn't so strong and we could say anything, but that got ruined, so hopefully keeping this mate thing under control would take action, though I doubt that in the future.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

chickensandwitch
Yearling
Yearling

Post by chickensandwitch » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Nowadays I only play the game once or twice a week and with one other person (wolfquest's only goal in life is to crash my computer when I'm least expecting it, but I've known that person forever and the "story" we have going is entertaining enough to be worth it.) If two characters are mates and keep it G-rated and resist the urge to flaunt their "status" around, I'm okay with it.

I used to play wherever though, and it really gets awkward when the person is like "I need meat any led here?" I kind of think games in which you have a mate engenders... I don't know, an overly casual view to relationships in the real world. Two people become mates, they log off, and never see each other after that. After a few days, the "Wife" becomes bored without ever seeing her mate and she decides to pretend she's single... Just like video game violence, in my opinion.

Plus there's the whole graphicness part... That gets old massively fast.

Having a lover or a mate over the internet is possibly life threatening, you do not know who they might be. They could pose as someone they're not.

I feel like a lot of people forget this. You are not married to wulfsbiggestluvr187633. Your characters may be mates, but you aren't! I'm sure stalkers find "Mates" vastly amusing and I don't think "Mates" should be different than any online friend.

I still miss the days where the filter wasn't so strong and we could say anything

Besides the whole no-gender thing, I personally love the chat filter. I'm so tired of having people cuss everywhere; wolfquest is a nice break.
You are the sentinels
Silent and sure
Keeping watch in the night

wolvesworld

Post by wolvesworld » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:22 pm

I see this on two sides:

It's alright to have a mate.As long as people are using the word in the appropriate context it would be fine.Most of the people I knew when I played the game used it just for the game itself.No problem.
On the other hand, sometimes it gets out of hand.That is the reason for the WQ moderators.Even if someone gave you a faulse gender, you wouldn't know that so there really is no problem because they can't really harm you in any way.If gender is such an issue than just say other.And the game ressumes.If people try to pressure you then the best thing to do would be to leave that chat that you are playing in.Plain and simple.
My personal opinion:I am perfectly fine with displaying my gender.I can sometimes play as one or the other because it is a game.
Those who use both genders in the game:If you use both genders in the game then theres no telling what your true gender is unless you really say it, but even so, who is to say that the words being said are true.
I'd say that it is both fine to say gender and not so fine.Fine cause it's a game, as long as people treat it that way and not a dating 101.Not so fine cause it's risky but just saying other for gender would be the smart way if you wish not to reveal such information.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:46 pm

I say it's OK, being as it's a natural thing, but if it's in an open game, it's not ok.
I find it a bit annoying when as soon as someone enters my open games, they ask what gender my wolf is. I just don't reply, and if it's breaking the rules, I'd report it.
But usually that doesn't happen for me, which is good. But if it happens excessively, I just host either a phrased/disabled chat or a private pack game. Phrased just gets boring, and if the chat is disabled, the game usually just ends in a confusing mess.
In the rules for my pack, I make a big point of following the rules, and as I've seen in a lot of other packs, there is a ranking and discipline system which includes the non-rulebreakers as regular members and the pack founder as the leader or a member, and those who have repeatedly broken rules either kicked out of the pack or moved to the Low Rank. My pack sometimes involves this system, but nobody has ever broken the WolfQuest OR pack rules.
And if players really insist on it, then they should do it in a NON-public game. Because if you're in a game where someone keeps posting gander-related stuff in the chat box, then i someone could enter the open game and get the wrong idea. That could become a mess if it's an inexperienced player that didn't read the reporting and/or game guidelines, and thinks that anyone and everyone in that game is participating in gender-related activities. And if you don't have screenshots and/or a clear clarification of what REALLY happened, you could end up getting warned, reported, or banned for something that you weren't even involved in.
So my advice to anyone that finds themselves in an open game with gender-related chat/behavior should immediately quit the game and/or try telling the wolves who are participating to stop.

Another major problem that makes me, my pack, and just about every other WQ user is that chat filter. If people could just use WolfQuest the was it should be used, there would be no problem; it's just plain, straightforward, and simple.
So even though I hate being a "tattletale" or "sourpuss" or "party pooper" or whatever, I've just gotten so sick and tired of having to use WQ with all that "COPPA" and chat filter stuff, I make sure the message gets out! I mention the "No gender-related stuff" rule at least three or four times in the pack thread and the pack advertisements.
So it's OK, but if users can't keep it contained in private chats/games, then I'll just basically quit or simply host boring phrased chats.

So there's my opinion and advice on the subject, and I definately agree with wolvesworld!

Miku Hatsune
Pup
Pup

Post by Miku Hatsune » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 pm

I don't see the huge problem with game-related mates. I mean, really, is having a mate for a roleplay really that bad?I mean, I understand if they start behaving inappropriately, but really, guys. Most of these players are around 11 and they're gonna do stuff like that. It's their nature. I mean, if they're all over each other and giving out personal info, then it becomes a problem, but a dialogue like "licks muzzle' or something really isn't that bad :/
ωιтнєя αи∂ ∂ιє
icon by jewelz

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:38 pm

I agree that unless it's innapropriate, or the person should know better, then it's OK I guess... but a reason I disagree with it, especially on my pack thread, is because if anyone is behaving innapropriately and/or rudely, then if somebody gets the wrong idea, misunderstands, or doesn't see that it's only one person (and that we're contacting mods or admins to help) anyone and everyone in the pack could be at risk of being warned or banned. This has never happened, but it's against the WQ rules anyway, so people should avoid it when possible. But if it's just for roleplay and in a private game or whatever, it's OK, but not good. To me, it's pretty bad if it is in posts or public games because there are others there who get annoyed or just plain don't like it or don't want to get involved in the situation/behavior.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”