Non-Wolf RolePlays ─ Your Thoughts?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Do you like non-wolf RolePlays?

Yes, I only go to non-wolf RolePlays!
1%
Yes, but I don't always go to non-wolf RolePlays.
41%
No, I do not like non-wolf RolePlays.
32%
No, I hate non-wolf RolePlays!
25%

Total votes: 75

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Non-Wolf RolePlays ─ Your Thoughts?

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 pm

I, actually, don't mind non-wolf RolePlays, and I usually open RolePlays that are not with wolves. I do this because every time I open wolf RolePlays, people come in and always do nothing. I go into other people's and it's fine, but not in mine. And I'm not the biggest wolf fan, although I do like wolves. But the thing I hate is when people open things like "HumanRP," or "ShapeShifterRP" or something. So, what are your thoughts on non-wolf RolePlays on WolfQuest?
One raindrop among millions.

snowywolf101
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Non-Wolf RolePlays ─ Your Thoughts?

Post by snowywolf101 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:02 pm

i think they are all fine, im just not used to the HumanRP stuff...
-~*`*~-
I don't mind it, I don't mind if you're overrated
Or if you're staring at the edge of the world.
-~*`*~-
Avvie/Siggie: Me

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm not all in for non-wolf roleplays, I dislike them really. In my opinon, since WolfQuest is a wolf game, the roleplays should be about wolves or at least wolf related. Canine roleplays I can get though. But there are plenty of other games (and some new games coming out) for what people are roleplaying, like lions, or some other creatures. If not games, there are websites where people can roleplay just about anything you can think of.
As for the human roleplays, they are no better then any other non-wolf roleplay, what makes one non-wolf roleplay better then the other? Nothing really.

I find non-wolf roleplays irritating.

Charbanae
Pup
Pup

Post by Charbanae » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:55 pm

I dislike Non-wolf rps and think they are annoying since your playing as a wolf in a wolf environment in the first place. It's a wolf game for crying out loud... And Human RP? Why don't yeah just get of the computer and go be a human and do things... I never go to non wolf related games.
....................cнαявαηαε
........вяεαтнε εερy, σvε мαy, ιvε fυy
................sιgηαтυяε: нεsтια

Craigy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Fighting alongside El Cid Campeador and the horde of Genghis Khan!

Post by Craigy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Personally, I STRONGLY dislike non-wolf rping. I mean, teen vampire rp, humanrp, werewolfrp? Wolfquest is supposed to be an educational, fun game. Not where you can pretend to be a teenagewerewolfvampire person. It also clutters up the server so it gets slower. I never rp. I just play the game and chat. No offense to people who do rp. I don't mind it, but it is basically all I see on the servers! :roll:
I am a stinkwad
A
stinkwad I shall be
Through night and day
To dusk and dawn
I sing this melody

*Avvie by Meadow*

sarrepta1
Pup
Pup

Post by sarrepta1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:31 pm

I HATE non-wolf RPs!!!! WOLFQUEST IS ABOUT REAL WOLVES HERE, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! Not some paigen-voodoo raccoon RP or whatever the heck those people do. And I totally agree with Charbanae and Craigy. If all those people want to go around RPing about dinosaurs or something, they should at least not RP on WolfQuest multiplayer where there might be 7-year-olds looking for a realistic wolf gameplay.
Keep Reaching for Paradise. I liek Mudkipz

Fallows
Pup
Pup

Post by Fallows » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Croix wrote:I'm not all in for non-wolf roleplays, I dislike them really. In my opinon, since WolfQuest is a wolf game, the roleplays should be about wolves or at least wolf related. Canine roleplays I can get though. But there are plenty of other games (and some new games coming out) for what people are roleplaying, like lions, or some other creatures. If not games, there are websites where people can roleplay just about anything you can think of.
As for the human roleplays, they are no better then any other non-wolf roleplay, what makes one non-wolf roleplay better then the other? Nothing really.

I find non-wolf roleplays irritating.

I agree with Croix. Wolfquest is a game about wolves, and should be used for wolf role play if any role play at all.
ℐm drunk on tears, High on laughter, I'm a whirlwind of disaster

- Fallows
Icon ©-Infinity-

BatteriesNotIncluded
Pup
Pup
Location: plunging hours of my life into pointless youtube videos.

Post by BatteriesNotIncluded » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 am

Non- Wolf RPs

I do not like them. However, I do respect the people who do them and understand why they do them. Most of the time I believe non-wolf related RPs is just out of pure boredom of regular wolf RPs. I understand the same thing over and over again can get boring.

However I do not do them. I believe Wolf Quest is about educational games concentrating on wolves mostly, however I have nothing against people who do Non-Wolf RPs.
we literally have no way of knowing whether or not the world outside of our consciousness exists

c':
james-fun-in-the-sunderland.tumblr.com

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:12 am

Well, I don't mind non-wolf rp's. Sometimes it's fun to rp as a human :)
"Just say something!"
"Something."

Toralu
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Toralu » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't really mind but at times when I enter them the fps are really dumb... Like its a power player paradise for Example.

Me: Bites leg and quickly lets go of scared the dragon with blow fire
Random person: Bites face and twists off then blows fire causing whole body to burn
Me: um... dies?
Random person: Stands over body in victory smashing wind pipe

Like seriously if it's not wolf related doesn't mean its allowed power playing.
...........T ● O ● R ● A ● L ● U
........“We are the music makers,
........and we are the dreamers of
.....................dreams”

.......................-Willy Wonka
..............Avvie (c) C-Lupus Sigge (c) Me

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:23 pm

I don't mind non wolf role plays at all. Most role plays I'm with outside of here aren't wolf related whatsoever.

Don't mind them in a game either. People are just trying to have fun with the game. Sure, this game is about wolves, but it is a game. People pretend with everything, from a young child playing with stuffed animals and reenacting The Lion King to a person playing a role in a forum role play.

They're just having fun with the game in their own way. It's not exactly agreeable or fitting, but it's not an "exclusive-to-WolfQuest" thing. It's everywhere, and it's only common sense that it would be here.

Human role play just doesn't make sense to me, though. o_e
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

black_wolf_2010
Pup
Pup

Post by black_wolf_2010 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:57 pm

i looooooove rps is funny :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stealing your candy while you read this ^-^

Novah-
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Novah- » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:47 am

No. This is WolfQuest, not anything else.

blue28
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by blue28 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:07 pm

I enjoy an occasional rp that isn't only wolf related. If I open an rp it usually has something about dogs or wolves in the description but I see that many users like a realistic experience and let me ask you, is there a safe haven for wolves without other animals and animal interactions? No, in fact it isn't likely unless you are looking at a zoo animal who is fed it's food. Most wild wolves have to have meat to survive but there are a rare few species who eat things such as fruits as well but that is still not enough to keep it well-fed. Other animals in the eco-system keep the elk, rabbits, and other animals the wolf eats alive, it's just the way the wilderness works. The wolf can't survive on just elk because there is not always enough let alone if they can get to the elk and it is a challenge to live off of mice, birds, and bunnies all year round too. Wolves will eat what they get. Animals have adapted that way where they live and the wolf we all love is kept alive by it (also threatened by it by the hunters who want the same animals the wolf wants). Rping humans though is a different story, we as humans have the options to get up and live our lives but it seems we can't stop others from rping more than just wolves.
~`-~*`~* Watch the sky *~`*~-`~
You can choose to run and hide
The pain you truly feel inside
Search and search the seven seas
Why must you look so aimlessly?
Sit a moment to watch the sky
and needs and wants will flee by flight.

GriffonIgnite
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by GriffonIgnite » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I believe I shall share a bit of my opinion with these types of games found occasionally around multiplayer.
I have no issue with them, however this is a wolf based simulation game. Therefore, it is quite absurd for someone to use it for something else.

Of course, there are not that many 3D simulation games out there. However, being in the mindset of a wolf education program, the fact of role plays none-wolf related can be played elsewhere on a regular chatting system or forum related to that type of thing and can lead to misleading of this game for something else. And it would be better for these to be taken somewhere that isn't necessarily on a game that symbolizes wolf behavior and not any other behavior. Adding onto that, it can be quite odd to see a bunch of wolves being played out as humans, tigers, lions, bears (this especially when there are bear NPC's already placed in the game) and the like.

Also,
Croix wrote:there are plenty of other games (and some new games coming out)
^ I agree with this. There are quite a few games coming out to sponsor role playing various varieties of animals. Namely felines, canines, birds and hooved creatures along with a few fantasy animals.
These people would be best on a game that sponsors these verities of animals, as for humans it would be best to go off on a chat or forum instead of playing it on an animal simulation game. Since that, itself, could seem rather odd considering you are playing as a human, when visually one is seeing something that isn't human (aka, since this is wolfquest, a wolf).
Vakooja of the African Stars pack: Accepting
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

If you joined the pack through this signature, please add my user under "who invited you". Thanks!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”