Pups on MultiPlayer: Good or Bad?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Talwiny
Pup
Pup

Pups on MultiPlayer: Good or Bad?

Post by Talwiny » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:24 pm

I'm so sorry if there's already a topic like this!

EDIT: This topic is about IF we was going to have pups on MultiPlayer.
EDIT 2: You can also post a RP showing how it was going to work with pups.

Well, the title says all. My opinion is:

I think that this was going to depend the player's personality (protector, evil, etc). Why? Because if we was going to have pups on MultiPlayer, other wolves was going to steal it and possibly kill it (drown), mainly in a fight. Same was going to happen if an player was able to be a pup: other wolves was going to steal us and (like the pups on SP) drown us or leaving us to starve. So, what that means? A killing game. But if the player is a "good wolf" and save us, feed, protect, etc, we was going to be safe.

So, what do you think?

Again, sorry if there's already a topic like this. And if have, lock this please.
Last edited by Talwiny on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love WolfQuest! :D
Sorry if my English is bad... ^^'

Toralu
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Pups on MultiPlayer: Good or Bad?

Post by Toralu » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:25 pm

First just wanting to point this out, We do not have pups on multiplayer

Second I would be against this because people would abuse the pups.
...........T ● O ● R ● A ● L ● U
........“We are the music makers,
........and we are the dreamers of
.....................dreams”

.......................-Willy Wonka
..............Avvie (c) C-Lupus Sigge (c) Me

kaylasnana2001
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by kaylasnana2001 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:14 am

If they did have pups on multiplayer,I don't think you should be able to have them on open games,but if you could have them in private games...that could be better.
It's not the breath you take that matters most...
It's the things that take your breath away.

Fallows
Pup
Pup

Post by Fallows » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:34 am

I think it would be kind of fun. I don't think mates should be incorporated, o if so computer controlled like SP because it may get inappropriate. It would be a fun challenge to stop others from stealing or killing your pups since that has happened in real life, in the druid pack and others. Good challenge, if it doesn't get out of hand.
ℐm drunk on tears, High on laughter, I'm a whirlwind of disaster

- Fallows
Icon ©-Infinity-

Desoto343
Pup
Pup

Post by Desoto343 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Having met the "pup killers" on MP many times, it would not be good. Although some people would look after them properly others would not and the point of WQ is to educate people about real wolf behavior.
I've passed my 1st WQ anniversary! Thanks to all for a great year!

If it has a face, I don't eat it

PROUD SUPPORTER OF PETA, DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY AND AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

wolf_storm
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolf_storm » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:06 pm

I doubt things would turn out well if we had pups on multiplayer. I mean, with all the pup killers (I had a run in with a couple once... was not fun) and other stuff, it would cause more harm than its worth XD
).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;.._\\

.................AVVIE BY Koa

Legendary-Taco
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Legendary-Taco » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

I don't really think this would be a good idea, mostly because this would probably encourage parenthood, mates, ect. And there is also the issue of pup killers. Not too nice, in my opinion xD
___________╔══════════╗

_________im pretty meme savvy...
______ Ask me anything chump xox
________(avatar by me boyo xox~)

___________╚══════════╝

GriffonIgnite
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by GriffonIgnite » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:45 pm

I would like to say, I disagree with the whole concept of 'mutliplayer pups'. I somewhat disagree with the multiplayer family bit in general, considering what it could possibly spark up.

As stated in the above post by Legendary-Taco, there is a rather strong possibility that it would spark up mates, mating and all kinds of things relating to the whole 'mate' problem in multiplayer that is already going on.

Yes, this is a wolf simulation game, but it is also not meant for online dating which is certainly not safe to begin with. And the pups in multiplayer would surely start a bigger spark in this type of thing and I can already see people asking questions such as the following:

"If we can have pups, why can't we have mates?"
^ I can see that quote appearing, if it hasn't already.

As for pup killers, I have honestly never seen them. But that type of rumor is also not very... well, nice to say the least.

And I think I will leave it at that.
Vakooja of the African Stars pack: Accepting
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

If you joined the pack through this signature, please add my user under "who invited you". Thanks!

Jinxy
Pup
Pup

Post by Jinxy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes... As pretty much everyone above has said, it would most likely turn out to be a bad idea. Of course it hasn't stoped people from RP'ing pups anyway... which is why there are such things as pup killers around.

I get that everyone has their own RP style and oppinion but the whole thing with pup's is it seems to cause more problems than anything. If someone say's they are a pup or that they have pups, and then someone later ignores them or tries to steal them or is a pup killer or what not. Well that just tends to lead to hurt feelings fo people. And wolf quest should a happy friendly place where people get along, not get their feeling's hurt and feel unwelcome.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~Jinxy~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Dang, that was fun!'~

susijuani
Yearling
Yearling

Post by susijuani » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:28 pm

could be fun to the people that is aproppiate...but can be a mess to inaproppiate people...they could abuse this
My avvie shop:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52966

Avvie by me!

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:54 pm

I somewhat agree and disagree with all of this. I wouldn't mind if we could have pups, or be able to play a pup. It would thrill both appropriate players and pup killers, which would cause, as susijuani stated above, a mess.

However, maybe if we change some things around with the Multiplayer option, pups could work. Maybe it could be like Single player, although every other wolf is online and no chatbox. Or maybe just move the chatbox in general. Of course the pup killers could still pick the pups up and drown them, but it could still be fun trying to stop them. Real wolves in real life kill others pups anyways, right?

And we already have pups in Multiplayer, in a way. people roleplay as/with them all the time. I'm alright with mates in roleplay, although it just bothers me because most people don't think like that anymore. I once was roleplaying with a mate and he was all like, "Ah! I have to be mynameisfaolan's mate! Ugh!".

So, I wouldn't mind if we had pups.

Meadow125
Pup
Pup
Location: http://us.howrse.com/joueur/fiche/?id=54130 or http://www.wolfquest.org/bb

Post by Meadow125 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:52 pm

I think it would be cool, but technically hard. Because of your games. How could it work?
Avvie © me

Shunkuhua Cimarron Pack
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54399

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
-Rewena Ravenclaw (Harry Potter)

If you need ask, you will never know.
If you know, you need only ask.
-Helena Ravenclaw (Harry Potter)

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=54889

Jadeye
Pup
Pup

Post by Jadeye » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:44 pm

this would be awsome if it took effect for the apropite people and intresting for pupkiller to get around, in techinal turms Im thinking you can pair the pup modle with the wolf modle and have an option to render the adult wolf itself or the pup itself. then when you play the mp as a pup, the adult wolf modle will be simply falowing the pup as an invisable thing because the mesh render is turned off and same thing when your and adult wolf.
the fact that the adult wolf and the pup being paired can some how get adult wolf to imflunce the color of the pup aswell, making the pup/wolf pair modle would make it indiviuly just for mp. but pairing the wolf to the pup can mean that if your a wolf in mp, people can pick you up, feed you, and drown you in the river :shock: and being a pup, you can run adult wolf fast and kill and eat elk as well :shock: something would have to block extra features acording to mesh render
I am back, the dream has come true. Thank you developers for the fantastic game!

BatteriesNotIncluded
Pup
Pup
Location: plunging hours of my life into pointless youtube videos.

Post by BatteriesNotIncluded » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm not sure it would be good.

Chat rooms are for either chatting, RPing, or hunting. If one has pups, it would be a pain because let's say they are RPing. The mother/father must go and feed the pups, protect the pups, etc.

And it would just be annoying. Plus, once more, it would make people ask questions like, "Why can't we have pups yet not mates?" So I believe the WQ Team will try to stay away from adding pups on MP.
we literally have no way of knowing whether or not the world outside of our consciousness exists

c':
james-fun-in-the-sunderland.tumblr.com

snowyrose
Pup
Pup

Post by snowyrose » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm

I think it would be cool to have pups pn Mp, But some people might get bored of it and ditch/drown/starve them. Same with being a pup, it would be really cool but people might ignore you as a pup and leave you to die.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”