WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Re: WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Post by Phasoli » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm usually peeved by those who reel in too much drama, behave in an immature manner, and chase around the server's population of male characters. I'm heavily peeved by a large amount of carcasses hanging around, somehow. To me, it just makes the server look polluted. Since we cannot eat more than we need like we used to be able to, it especially gets on my nerves. Don't know why--its sort of like litter in my eyes.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

SmileForMe
Pup
Pup
Name: Kasper

Post by SmileForMe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:19 am

Kamaal wrote:
SmileForMe wrote:Yes. All of what Kamaal said. I was in a game where the leader demanded that the other male and I race across the map(ridiculous) and back for one of us to choose who got to be with her. After multiple times of saying I don't want to do anything like that anyway she was like "Just do it anyway!" ._. Like nah. I'd rather just play the game for what it's there for. Not for mates.
I should've been there... I would be dying out of laughter...
Part of me wanted to laugh, but the other part I was like just glaring at my screen as I like flew across the map just to get it over with. Then I sat down when we were almost back so I didn't 'win.' lol.

I think most of my peeves have to do with mate beggars. Just yesterday I was in a game with SolitaryHowl while they beta tested and such. Then this Luna chick or whatever pops in and is like "Who wants to be my mate?" literally everyone was like "._. Srsly bruh?" she quickly was like "Haha just kidding." and left. Then proceeded to send me a message trying to get me to go to a private game with them. In my head I was like "Nah honey, but I will report you. c:"

Edit: Another one I have as of right now because I've run into it twice. People don't seem to understand. The emotes that aren't bowing and wagging tail DON'T HELP RALLY. They see the rest of us bowing and wagging and they sit there rolling around.
Dag image (c) Dawnthieves

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:58 am

RANKS. How many times have I joined a simple wolf roleplay to find I'm taking all of my time explaining to the host how terminology such as "Alpha" and "Omega" are outdated? TOO MANY TIMES. I wish it were clearer in the game that there is no hierarchy, as I see this mistake waaaaaaaay too often!
To a new world of gods and monsters!

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:57 pm

PearlyReborn wrote:RANKS. How many times have I joined a simple wolf roleplay to find I'm taking all of my time explaining to the host how terminology such as "Alpha" and "Omega" are outdated? TOO MANY TIMES. I wish it were clearer in the game that there is no hierarchy, as I see this mistake waaaaaaaay too often!
I don't find them all too bothersome since I usually participate in semi-realistic wolf RPs where hierarchies are alright. If you're in a realistic wolf RP then I see the issue, but otherwise I think it's fine.

Something that kind of bothers me is pups (really young pups) being loners and somehow surviving. When they mention "first hunt," I imagine something like hunting grasshoppers or something. Then they go into detail about hunting elk. These pups are magical.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:40 pm

DerpBacon wrote:
PearlyReborn wrote:RANKS. How many times have I joined a simple wolf roleplay to find I'm taking all of my time explaining to the host how terminology such as "Alpha" and "Omega" are outdated? TOO MANY TIMES. I wish it were clearer in the game that there is no hierarchy, as I see this mistake waaaaaaaay too often!
I don't find them all too bothersome since I usually participate in semi-realistic wolf RPs where hierarchies are alright. If you're in a realistic wolf RP then I see the issue, but otherwise I think it's fine.

Something that kind of bothers me is pups (really young pups) being loners and somehow surviving. When they mention "first hunt," I imagine something like hunting grasshoppers or something. Then they go into detail about hunting elk. These pups are magical.
That or really, really lucky.

Also, yum, grasshoppers! (I'm actually terrified of grasshoppers in real life though)
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

I think the lack of a hierarchy only applies to classic wolf packs (a breeding pair and their offspring.)
Packs of unrelated wolves do have hierarchies, which is why the alpha terminology came from a scientist studying an artificial pack in captivity, not a natural family pack.

The unrealistic aspect of most RPs is not the alpha terminology, but the fact that unrelated wolves are forming a pack together in the wild.
Avatar (c) LupinzPack. Thank you. :)

UtahHusky
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Utah

Post by UtahHusky » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:51 pm

A big peeve of mine is when you join a peaceful roleplay, and have a good roleplay for awhile until someone brings up a topic and everyone else on the server will stop roleplaying and just chat about that topic. Another one is when your on a XP Hunting server and nobody is hunting.
I don't like any of the Dragon, Human, or fantasy roleplays because theres usually people there who make themselves the ''special snowflake" character.

Please be aware that my opinion is not fact.
Wolves are the wind, and I am the Willow tree.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 pm

If there's something that mildly annoys or at least confuses me it's seeing all the completely-un-wolf-related rp servers or ones that aren't even canine related. I'm not judgy but I just don't understand why anyone would use a wolf game for things that aren't wolf- or canine- related. Another one is emote-spammers; it's kinda amusing if the whole group is purposely doing it just to be goofy, but when that's not the case, people that use the growl one excessively are irritating.

A 'timeless' one is people who don't appear to know how to rally and just stand there...not to be rude but there's literally a pop-up on your screen that says what key(s) to press.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

CapriciousCeilican
Pup
Pup

Post by CapriciousCeilican » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:56 am

The rally one is a big one for me. The system is simple. All you have to do is bow, wag, or howl twice in any combination. Just twice per wolf, but for some it's unmanageable and I'm not sure why.

I also dislike characters with mental disorders because in my experience it's usually either to cover up the fact that the person can't create an engaging character, or they want to be the center of attention.

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:49 am

• When people roleplay as humans or teenagers, it makes absolutely no sense to me. Or when people make an exp farming server and just stand around chatting. Then there's people who ask you to be their mate and you're like my dude I just wanna chill.

edit;; I also really hate when people join and purposely kill the pups, that happened in a game I was in today, my poor puppy got drowned :c
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:23 am

- When people are just plain rude for no apparent reason.
- When hosts try to force others to be their mates or claim that they are mates with another who clearly didn’t state they were
- When that one arrogant little person joins a pup raising server and somehow manages to begin a rp...I don’t get it, rping with pups I find is very annoying :/
- Pup killers/Trolls
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Players who are extremely rude to others!! Makes me so mad.

For example, I was in a XP Hunting server and we were trying to rally. One of the players wasn't really joining in, and instead of politely asking "Hey Player x can you please join the rally?" everyone immediately starting yelling at them in all caps and threatening to kick them. I mean, who knows if that player was a newbie or a kid? I've seen this sort of thing happen on multiple occasions- players get yelled at and kicked for making mistakes and it really bothers me. If someone seems to be doing something wrong, it's not hard to politely correct them or give them some guidance.
Public games are for all ages and all experience levels. I get it can be frustrating to have players who seem inexperienced on your server or who don't do what you want but if it bothers you so much then create private servers with your friends.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

wolf_whisperer98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver

Post by wolf_whisperer98 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:14 pm

Oh my gosh, the list goes on and on and seems to be getting worse.
For me, it's quite a few:

Trolls (i.e. repeated play bowing, growling, spamming of the chatbox, and followed by random silent players)
Being excessively kicked off of various servers though you've done nothing wrong
Individuals claiming an entire territory for themselves (when really it should be 2 or more)
Claiming to be 'prettier' or 'stronger' than others
RPer's who don't know/unwilling to RP in a specific RP server (don't want to or don't like it? You shouldn't have joined. Simple as that)
Vulgar/rude users, RPing or not
Restricting one's range to roam on maps
Powerplaying (excessively strong/unable to die, claiming to be 'godlike')

I have more and I can go on but I'm going to stop my list there. I've had my share of RP's both public and private and that's why I host my own private servers now, often alone.
"... therein, to conquer our demons, we have naught to lose but more to gain, we must first learn to conquer ourselves from within."

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Since I don't rp or join/make rp servers, many of those aren't a problem, but I can't stand growl-spammers, and, no offense to people who do, people who howl during rallies (as in, when the bar isn't full and few players are bowing, so the bar is increasing really slow and the timer is running out). It's like...no. Everybody bow a bunch of times to get the bar up, then y'all can howl or wag or whatever. Even more than that though, people who don't rally at all (whether on purpose or by 'not knowing'). For some stuff in the game, not knowing how or what would be an excuse, but it says the friggin key you're supposed to press at the bottom of the screen in an obvious picture of it by the rally bar.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

Fifteen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Fifteen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:10 am

I don't really RP in-game myself; I always join XP Hunts, so there's not much that ever goes wrong. However,
I do get a bit bothered by some things !! Like when no one's talking in-game -- I get it that we're all trying to attack the elk and some people are super shy, but it feels a bit awkward to just be playing with people who won't bother to talk to you, hehe. Also, when people decide to rally while another player is AFK and they start getting yelled at, for example, is a huge pet peeve of mine! It's just as easy to hunt down the bull elk we'd be aiming for with or without extra strength, seeing how many people are usually in XP Hunts. No reason to attack anyone about it.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”