WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind

Re: WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Post by Windstrider » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:52 pm

^ Pretty much. If someone's afk, it isn't cause to attack them. It sucks to not be able to rally for things like moose, but even then, when it comes down to it, it's a game, there's lots of other things to do in-game while everyone else waits for the person to get back, and the person probably had a good reason to go afk.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Nevara
Pup
Pup
Name: Kiki

Post by Nevara » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:07 pm

I personally cannot stand it when people go ahead and attack the moose/bull elk (and kill it) without you in one of those "hunt for xp" servers. Like please just wait a minute, I'm wanting to join in as well D:
Alto saxophones forever~

Icon by LupinzPack

ItsLiminal
Pup
Pup

Post by ItsLiminal » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:32 pm

This might be an ultra-specific complaint to the point of other people not understanding what I'm getting at here, but regardless...

I really, really don't like when there's a "Loner to Pack RP," and everyone's described and we're ready to go, but all the writers have their characters wander around aimlessly, and they never make an effort to approach one another. I wonder if these RPs ever get to the pack part, or if it's just everyone writing boring and unproductive paragraphs, with maybe two characters finally exchanging some kind of typical, overly aggressive dialogue.

It might just be my impatience, and I understand that the wolves are starting out as loners, but what fun is it to just have your character doing random stuff without trying to find someone else's to interact with? I always end up leaving those servers because it's impossible to spark action in them.

Nayoxii
Name: C0rgi/Shiranui

Post by Nayoxii » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Nevara wrote:I personally cannot stand it when people go ahead and attack the moose/bull elk (and kill it) without you in one of those "hunt for xp" servers. Like please just wait a minute, I'm wanting to join in as well D:
  • ^^ this, this annoys me too honestly, I was playing earlier and a group went ahead and took down the bull without waiting for me and someone else. Like I get you want your exp, but we do too, that's the whole point of "huntforxp" servers, is it not? cx
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟢 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | DreamyDoggo

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind

Post by Windstrider » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Shiranuiii wrote:
Nevara wrote:I personally cannot stand it when people go ahead and attack the moose/bull elk (and kill it) without you in one of those "hunt for xp" servers. Like please just wait a minute, I'm wanting to join in as well D:
  • ^^ this, this annoys me too honestly, I was playing earlier and a group went ahead and took down the bull without waiting for me and someone else. Like I get you want your exp, but we do too, that's the whole point of "huntforxp" servers, is it not? cx
I love groups and servers that make it kind of an unspoken rule/etiquette thing to say 'wait for (insert name here)'.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

perenril
Name: Ril|Anna

Post by perenril » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:42 am

I also sort of dislike it when someone favorites and singles out a pup, like they will ONLY feed and look after that one pup. Multiplayer is for working together. It irritates me when someone does this. It's ok if they feed and help look after all the other pups in the litter
and then they go and carry one pup to the rendevouz sight, but if they only give their attention to the pup they named or their favorite pup, thats when it will annoy me :`/
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾⌒0⌒⌒0⌒☽༓・⁺‧͙
»»————-  ————-««

|σн яαvεη, ωση'т үσυ sιηg мε α нαρρү sσηg?|

»»————————————————————««

->> DA ->> A Music ->> Webcam <<-

Nayoxii
Name: C0rgi/Shiranui

Post by Nayoxii » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 pm

• It also bothers me when people don't rally; like it's not that hard to press H, J and K??? why must people make it so difficult? ):
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟢 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | DreamyDoggo

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:42 pm

I don't really know why I get so frustrated by this, and I usually try to take a breath and calm down (or just leave), but I really hate it when people pick up a pup during the journey, then walk way ahead of the host and as a result only start taking care of that one pup. It always ends with everybody being spread out over a long distance, and sometimes even pups dying. Like, I thought we were a pack? I thought we were supposed to work as a team? Which ties into my next pet peeve: pup claiming. That's even worse but it tends to end in a similar race of 'who can get to the rendezvous first'. But what really ticks me off is if they start growling or yelling at me because I pick up 'their' pup. I would be more inclined to let people 'claim' a pup if they just tell me 'hey, I would really like to carry this pup if that is okay with you?' But no. They have to get angry. I really have to restrain myself from dropping the pup in the nearest body of water so they can no longer get possesive of it and have to help the others. Alright I get it, you really like that specific pup and above all else want it to survive, I feel the same sometimes, but is it really so hard to help those that are struggling at the back of the group and not focus on just one life? Isn't it the point of the game to have all four pups survive and not just the one?

People that do not rally are quite annoying too, but I try to get them to do it anyway by asking if they know how to do it to begin with and then to just do it. If that doesn't work I'll get into their face and spam play bow. That tends to work xD If not then well, I tried. I do not kick people for not rallying no matter how annyoing it is. You never know why they do not rally. Maybe it's a really young child? Maybe they don't speak English? Maybe it's something else?

I also hate it when I ask people nicely to not make it night because the sound of the crickets gives me a bad headache in less than a minute (I can't filter noises, so it's like someboy is constantly screaming in my ears, no matter how low the volume is), and they refuse because otherwise the ravens eat all the food. I suppose I could just turn off the sound, but I feel really limited without sound as I do use it a lot while playing the game, and where is the fun in playing a game if there's no sound? The ravens really aren't that bad either and I could always hunt for more if they dont want to. It's not like the game is unplayable during the afternoon, dawn or dusk. But it is mostly people's reactions and lack of understanding that is both frustrating and depressing to me. I always leave though and I'll never ask people to change the time if I just joined and it's already night. I'll just go and try to find a different server.
☀ "Beттer тo Lιɢнт oɴe cαɴdle, тнαɴ Cυrѕe тнe Dαrĸɴeѕѕ" ★

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:02 pm

the sound of the crickets gives me a bad headache in less than a minute....I suppose I could just turn off the sound, but I feel really limited without sound as I do use it a lot while playing the game
This is exactly why I wish (hope future updates) could have a more detailed volume control option. A lot of other games (both single and multiplayer mmos) will have separate slider bars for music, sound effects and speech (maybe wolf sounds can be substituted for this last) so that you can adjust them accordingly.

That would make it soo much easier to custom set the game if a certain sound grates on the nerves ;)
I THINK...but am not 100% certain that I mentioned this on the suggestion thread.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 am

Just was in an RP where someone said their character dragged mine by the radio collar all the way from the Aspen Heights hunting grounds to the oxbow at full speed.....sure dude....
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 pm

The Raise Pups multiplayer games where people "claim" a single pup and only take care of the one/walk ahead to the rendezvous/get genuinely mad at you for helping with feeding is so irritating. Other players get left out and it takes away all the teamwork aspects that makes those games fun and worth playing. Unfortunately it happens so darn much.
roguemoon wrote:Just was in an RP where someone said their character dragged mine by the radio collar all the way from the Aspen Heights hunting grounds to the oxbow at full speed.....sure dude....
I've deffo been there. Once got 'dragged to Saddle and dropped off a cliff' by the host, and was kicked when I refused to accept it. Which reminds me, unnecessary kicking is a pet peeve of mine, too. Sigh.
--
► ϟϟ[ϟ]ϟϟ ◀︎
I've lost my way within this town
ϟ
බƖƦƀƠƝƎ꒚
ϟ
The tranquil ᎶᏞᎾᎳ of the song I know, it guides me
▴ ϟϟϟϟ⎶[ϟ]⎶ϟϟϟϟ ▴
--
ѕιggιє@NoyaTusk
αννιє@LupinzPack

Celeste186
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Celeste186 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:47 pm

What really annoys me is (this is pretty specific) sometimes players join multiplayer pup servers often with names like "StrangerWolf" or even stuff like "Coyote" and "Cougar". They never contribute to the pack and even pounce and growl at other player wolves. But the worst part is that they approach the den, take a pup, and run. And continue to run. Sometimes they take the pup as their own and care for them very far away, as if they kidnapped the pup. But usually they simply take the pup to the nearest predator or carnivore and just let it die. Usually I noticed they join in two's so that way they can continue to carry the pup without stopping to rest. It's very annoying and in multiplayer I have lost 3 or 4 whole litters to these acts. It's very annoying and they often do it behind the leader's back so they don't get kicked. It simply takes the teamwork that is in this game.

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Shiranuiii wrote:
  • It also bothers me when people don't rally; like it's not that hard to press H, J and K??? why must people make it so difficult? ):
Ughhhh I hate it when people are like that. What's even worse is when you ask them to rally and they get furious that you're "calling them out." Just hit the K button and no one will have to say anything!
roguemoon wrote:Just was in an RP where someone said their character dragged mine by the radio collar all the way from the Aspen Heights hunting grounds to the oxbow at full speed.....sure dude....
Reason #5139 That I rarely roleplay anymore. I can't tell you the amount of times something like this has happened, the worst was when I was told I was a pup and had to do everything they said, I went with it until they tried to drown me in the river because they didn't like the fact I was a pup. Sometimes the host will say something, other times it was the host and I just left the game. If they want to control the entire roleplay they should just write a book instead.
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea.

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:21 pm

ohhhhhkay here we go.

-I hate it when people cry and complain about not being able to name a pup. it doesn't happen often but i had that happen once. the person got mad and was begging the server owner to restart the game so she could name a puppy. Sorry but if you join after the pup naming or if there's more than 4 people then you're out of luck .-.
-this is a pet peeve in any game really but i hate it when people powerplay and/or godmod. play fair or dont play at all, its simple.
-people who try to kill your pups deliberately. these people are the reason why i rejoiced when they added a kick option that basically bans them from your game until your game ends. seriously why waste your time doing this like what the heck??? trolls.

thats all but i might add on later if i experience another annoying thing
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-LupinzPack + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 pm

People in RP's who BEG to be a pup. And then complain and whine and beg some more if you say no.
The main reason I don't like people playing as pups is because it always goes the same way: puppy is stranded and alone and suddenly surrounded by a pack of cougars or a pup-eating wolf or falls into the river...then they get mad if no one saves them or wants to adopt them. :roll:
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”