WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Re: WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Post by PearlyReborn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:49 am

When people drag the pups to who knows where. Like. I am hosting this game. The pups are going to come crawling back to me. Just let me go up ahead.

I also dislike when people just run through the creek at top speed without caution and assume speed is gonna save their puppy. Hint: It's not. I'm especially ba,boozled by this when they're carrying their favorite puppy. Wouldn't you want to ensure their safety?

I also take issue when they interrupt controlled hunting, like when we're winter hunting and trying to get carcasses near our den or as food for the summer journey and some wolf just runs up and attacks them nowhere near where we want the elk to be... No matter how many times I explain it, it just. Keeps happening.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

local dreamer
Pup
Pup

Post by local dreamer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 pm

I really don't like it when people 'claim' a pup as theirs. They prefer for only themselves to carry the pup around, and don't like it when other players try to help care for it. Like, what's the point? We're all trying to take care of the pups.

EXAGGERATION:
Spoiler
Show
*The last pup is literally at 3 health*
PI: "Okay, you're starving the thing. Let me feed it, please! I have food!"
P2: "no!! thos i smy puup!!!!!"
PI: "Excuse me?"
P2: "this is my apup!!!! go awy from oiym mupup!"
*The puppy dies, GAME OVER*
P2: "thsi is yor falt!!!!...1!"
PI: "Are you serious? You literally attempted to claim the pup as your own, preventing me and other players from feeding it. You didn't feed it AT ALL, and kept it away from other players... You are the one who forced it to starve to death in the paws of an irresponsible player."
P2: "bUlyy !!"
*P2 leaves*
ПӨBӨDY ƬΉIПKƧ ЩΉΛƬ I ƬΉIПK
ПӨBӨDY DЯΣΛMƧ ЩΉΣП ƬΉΣY BIПK
ƬΉIПK ƬΉIПGƧ ӨП ƬΉΣ BЯIПK ӨF BΛƧPΉΣMY
I'M MY ӨЩП ƧΉЯIПK
ƬΉIПK ƬΉIПGƧ ΛЯΣ ΛFƬΣЯ MΣ, MY ΛƬΛƧƬЯӨPΉΣ
I'M Λ KIƬΉΣП ƧIПK
YӨЦ DӨП'Ƭ KПӨЩ ЩΉΛƬ ƬΉΛƬ MΣΛПƧ
BΣΛЦƧΣ Λ KIƬΉΣП ƧIПK ƬӨ YӨЦ
IƧ ПӨƬ Λ KIƬΉΣП ƧIПK ƬӨ MΣ, ӨKΛY, FЯIΣПD?

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:36 pm

PearlyReborn wrote:When people drag the pups to who knows where. Like. I am hosting this game. The pups are going to come crawling back to me. Just let me go up ahead.

I think I had a twitch just reading this aha. Hate when that happens!
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup
Name: Birdie/Goose

Post by ArgentsArrows » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pm

I did a bit of reading earlier on, and I know a couple of these have already been addressed. I'm not sure on the others, since I didn't go through the entire topic.

I used to play on 2.5 with another account, before making this one for a fresh start, and these were some things that got on my nerves constantly. Note that I am not trying to offend anyone, I'm sure we've all been this person at least once in the past.

- That "meat/mate" nonsense. The game isn't meant for it, and it's stated in the rules that it isn't allowed. I'm sure some people just ignore it thinking "oh, I'll be fine" or don't read the rules before signing up.

- Players who try to find ways around the filter. I'll admit that I had done this once or twice, because it was crucial to my reply and was a word that I didn't see as an issue. But finding a way around it for insults, or swearing at other players? Unacceptable, it was annoying.

- New players who think they know better. Say someone doesn't understand the game or the terms players are using, and you try to help them figure out then get ignored. If a more experienced player is reaching out to you to try and help you understand, don't act like you know better when you clearly don't. They're trying to help you understand, not insult you and baby you.

- Power players. As stated before, no one should claim their wolf is "stronger than any other" or "has the ability to fly". And the whole "eyes change color with his / her mood" nonsense? Unrealistic and really shouldn't be a thing, that's just annoying. Pick a color. Stick with that color.

- Players who fight over little things. I feel like the statement in itself is enough explanation.

- Those people who hunt when politely asked not to. If someone tells you - the host, specifically - that they will crash and you decide to be spiteful and hunt anyways, it's really pointless. There are carcasses everywhere, you don't need to hunt all the time.

- Saving spots and being rude about it. If you're expecting someone and you are unable to make or join a private server due to device issues, I think that's totally fine. There's nothing else you can really do about that. If someone joins, just politely explain the situation. But yelling at them and saying you'll report? There's absolutely no reason for that. It's pointless and won't get you anywhere. I'm sure people would understand if you just explain.

I'll go ahead and stop there, since I'm sure some of these have been stated a lot already, and I could just go on forever.
the curves of your lips rewrite history

xenomothe
Pup
Pup

Post by xenomothe » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:51 pm

-
Last edited by xenomothe on Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moved accounts i dont use this anymore

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup

Post by ArgentsArrows » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Mewer-Crow wrote:Some pet peeves I have:
1. When people call elk deer (fairly rare but annoying when it happens)
2. Asking for physical mating (It's happened to me before..)
3. Calling the creek a river
4. "It's my pup"
5. Pup-killers
6. Godmodders
I hate that second one so much! Back on 2.5 someone had tried to convince me to allow "graphic meating / mating" on the server because I'd said no when they asked if it was okay. And this one person had caught me off guard and done it anyway, yikes that was awkward.

And the third one, with people calling it a river even though the map and location very clearly call it the creek.

I can't say anything regarding four or five though, I haven't been able to play the new version.

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Post by 44wolfquest » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:54 pm

My multiplayer pet peeves are crashing, disconnection, and when players turn a hunting server into a roleplay. And my biggest pet peeve of all is....... LAG. Come on why the lag?!
(`*°•._(`°•._*+*_.•°`)_.•°*`)
For the strength of a pack
Is the wolf,
°•.• WolfQuest •.•°
But the strength of the wolf
Is the pack
(·(·(·(·•·)·)·)·)

Signature by Black Burn

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Well, it happened to my sister but it was annoying just to WATCH players turn things into roleplays. I find it so annoying and if my own public game on a computer one day (my tablet only supports 2 players :cry:) I would warn someone who did that.
Finding Servers that say NO ||Insert Type of Player Here (Newbies etc.)||
Finding Servers that Codeword "Find a Mate" they aren't allowed!!!!
Disconnecting :evil:
Crashing :evil: :cry:
Lag :?
Disconnecting In the servers lobby

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup

Post by ArgentsArrows » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:09 pm

I was on other servers recently and some things happened that really set me off, I can add quite a lot to my list now that I've gotten 2.7 but I'll keep it short.

1) Joining a game just to advertise your own. This dude ( I will not say the name ) joined MY server and says "who wants to play on a private server?" I responded "my computer doesn't run private servers very smoothly, I can't". Then he continues asking other players "who wants to join my private server?" At this point I'd gotten pretty mad, so I began to ( as politely as possible ) explain that it's rude to advertise your own server on someone else's game. He then begins to spam the chat with ':('. After about a minute of this I snapped and stated "if you don't like that, you're more than welcome to leave."

Really wish people would understand just how rude it is to join someone else's server, where they're trying to have a good time, just to advertise your own and attempt to steal the other players. Just play along with the server you joined, jeez. Or yknow.. MAKE YOUR OWN!

2) Pup claiming. I had joined someone else's server ( which you'll understand after some of these is something that I almost never do ) and we were cooperating fine. Then for the summer journey, when I began carrying a pup ( it'd been named Blackclaw or something like that ) this person ( again, not stating names ) snapped at me like "PUT MY PUP DOWN! ONLY I CAN CARRY BLACKCLAW!" and literally everyone else in the server was explaining how annoying pup claiming was.

Don't claim pups. It doesn't happen in the wild, doesn't happen in realistic servers. Just doesn't happen. And it's BEYOND annoying.

3) Killing the pups INTENTIONALLY. This goes along with the wolf mentioned in pet-peeve 2. The wolf had run ahead ( despite numerous warnings from me and the host that it was a bad idea ) and crossed the creek at the wrong spot. That was an accident, I understand that. But the player got mad about it and blamed us. Then when we got the other pups across, they took one and tried to drown it. I'd ( luckily ) caught on quickly and fed the pup while it was in the wolf's mouth, causing it to fall when I realized they were heading back to the creek. Then I picked it up and carried it back to the host. While no one else had caught on yet, the player took a second pup and successfully drowned it because it kept the pup away from us when we got it into the creek. At this point, the host had caught on, and kicked the player.

Please do not join someone else's server and kill pups they've worked hard to keep alive. If you're going to do that, maybe make a server made to kill pups, or do that by yourself in private?? I don't really see why you'd do either, though..

4) RPing in a non-RP server. I now have to put "NoRP" in the titles of my servers ( I only do pup-raising ) after this experience. Someone joined my server titled "Pack" and asked if they could be a loner. I explained that no, they couldn't, because we were raising pups and that requires everyone to be at the summer site when we get to the journey. Then he responds "oh, I came to RP" and left. At least he handled that the adult way and checked first. But still, if it doesn't have RP in the title, 9 times out of 10 it won't be a RP server.

5) Taking pups away from the den. Unlike the others, this one actually does need an explanation. This doesn't refer to the summer site, I only mean "don't take them away from the den BEFORE summer". This makes it harder to keep things in order, and keep track of the pups and pack-members so we know who is where at all times. I get anxious about taking pups away, because it makes me think you're going to kill them. So I'll instantly run after the person and take the pup to prevent that, even if that isn't there intention.

6) Basic pup names. This isn't too major, I just don't like constantly seeing the names "Luna", "Star", "Moon", "Shadow", "Storm" etc. Like.. at least be a little creative? You could use online name generators, names that you've always found interesting, names from books and / or movies, or names that don't even exist! There are so many things to get names from, why cause some to get overused and less pleasant to see? I agree that Luna and Moon are nice names, but not when they're all you see. To prevent names being overused, I make them difficult to spell, honestly.

7) Marking the territory when no one else is ready. If everyone is - to prevent food shortages and make sure everything is taken care of - hunting before marking the territory, respect that and do not ruin the hunt by bringing pups and marking the territory before they're ready. This is why I don't even go near the den sites before I'm ready.

8 ) This kind of goes hand-in-hand with #7. Repeatedly trying to claim the den when the pack leader has not chosen it. If the pack leader and other players haven't claimed the den because they'd rather hunt first ( as a personal preference of mine, I always do this ) don't constantly run to and from the den and ruin their hunt by making them hit "vote no" over, and over, and over again.

9) Players taking over your hunt. I'm more of a lone-hunter, because then I get to do things my way. I like herding the elk to the den and / or summer territory to make sure they're accessible and not out of the way. I absolutely hate it when other players run at the elk, herding them away from where you want or need them even if you tell them "I'm going to herd this ( insert place here )". This really isn't a big deal, but I do hate seeing this happen.

That's, again, all I can think of at the moment. I'll edit more in if I can think of them later on.
Last edited by ArgentsArrows on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:09 pm

When obviously older, more experienced players get mad at a younger/newer player for asking simple questions. Experience two cases of this tonight in some Raise Pups servers, and I was getting so so mad. There's nothing that will turn away a new player faster than being straight up mean to them, especially when they make clear that they're still learning and might need help. Some people and their high horses... smh.
--
► ϟϟ[ϟ]ϟϟ ◀︎
I've lost my way within this town
ϟ
බƖƦƀƠƝƎ꒚
ϟ
The tranquil ᎶᏞᎾᎳ of the song I know, it guides me
▴ ϟϟϟϟ⎶[ϟ]⎶ϟϟϟϟ ▴
--
ѕιggιє@NoyaTusk
αννιє@LupinzPack

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup

Post by ArgentsArrows » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:08 pm

AirBones wrote:When obviously older, more experienced players get mad at a younger/newer player for asking simple questions. Experience two cases of this tonight in some Raise Pups servers, and I was getting so so mad. There's nothing that will turn away a new player faster than being straight up mean to them, especially when they make clear that they're still learning and might need help. Some people and their high horses... smh.

I'll admit I'd been that person once because the questions had already been answered or had obvious answers, but I totally agree that it's annoying. All they have to do if they aren't willing to help is say "I don't want to / can't answer your questions right now" and help if the player obviously doesn't know what to do.

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Time to add on. I have met rude players. The bossy bullies who use all caps and ARE VERY RUDE TO THE PLAYERS. They are never agreeable and argue about everything. I also dislike when players cuss by censoring one letter. I report those people. Bossy players are the worst. :x I do not even understand why players should make a point through yelling at everyone. Lets be nicer than that. :)

thirteen889184
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by thirteen889184 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Honestly I just wish more players would just display some common courtesies, haha. I came break from a fairly long break (a few months, but I had only played for like 2 months and before that hadn't played in years) and I was a little shocked by how many people were just...rude. It seems like actually good servers where everyone is polite and having fun are rare. But my biggest pet peeves are (not in order):

1. Spot savers
2. Power-players
3. People who completely ignore you when you enter their game. Like, I get that they are roleplaying and don't really want to be interrupted, but how hard is it to just say hi? I usually just leave after awhile.
4. People who claim puppies or complain a lot about not being able to name a pup, or demand one of the pups is renamed if they came in too late.
5. People who come into the ranked pack rp's and demand to be a certain rank even if it is taken, or people who come into them just to talk about how ranks aren't realistic. If the server is titled "Realistic Wolf Rp", that complaint is pretty valid, but if it is "Ranked Pack RP", just don't come in?
6. People who insist on being pups in an RP and then demand that another player is their parent/sibling.
7. People who come into Wolf RP's and insist on being a human/cat/dog/wolfdog/etc. Or those who come in and insist on having special powers or magic especially if the role play is supposed to be realistic or even semi-realistic.
8. People who complain and are rude about it if you have the same coat color, or if you both have radio collars, or limpy, etc.
9. Non-wolf RP's. Especially when the majority of servers are "Highschool RP" or "Warrior Cats RP" or "Fantasy Human RP".

For me, I don't really mind if people want unrealistic eye colors or if they all have black or white coats, lol. I personally like having a white coat and I get why it might get old, but I think it should be personal choice. I had one person yell at me when I was "new" because I had chosen the coat option that had green eyes and described my wolf has having "greenish" eyes because they said it was "unrealistic". Like, it wasn't titled "Realistic RP", another player had heterochromia and wasn't yelled at, and even if it had been a realistic rp, there were better ways of handling it.

I really just wish people would be nicer overall, honestly.I don't go in to non-wolf RP's and yell at people because I don't like those roleplays, so I guess I just assumed that people would extend the same courtesy. Guess not, haha.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:06 pm

I absolutely hate it when:
*People are stinkers
*When a specific user I do NOT get along with joins my pup games to harass everyone... mostly me
*When people jump through things I can't
*When my friend yells at me to look at something but when I'm there, she says "Nevermind."
*I hate it when people want me to play in LR because I absolutely dread that map... it's not even IN Yellowstone, according to the pop-up wordsy thing when you join
*When people are watching pups and one dies
*I hate it when people don't get my messages, like a specific user who is my friend
*I hate it when smelly trolls (ah, felt good to say that!) name the pups things that should be blocked/name themselves things and I'm like "Why?!" or "Please leave........... now." or "Ok, then."
*I hate it when players get right in my wolf's face. I then whine and back up a little, trying to say "What are you doing? Please stop being really weird."
*I really hate it when people in phrase chat repeat the same thing over and over like, No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No... a million No.'s.
*I hate it when people go across the river and they don't know where to cross so the pup dies
*I hate it when people go crazy and freak out over a random player's death... and totally ignore mine.
*I hate it when people have wolves with names misspelled or no capitalization.
*I hate it when really annoying people reject truces... like the SAME USER in the SECOND PET PEEVE. RRRRRRRGH.
*I hate it when we're trying to rally for a strength bonus, and some of the people don't do anything to up the bar at all.
*I hate it when people do millions of play bows. Like that user (I'm dying to give out the name!! Can I?).
*I hate it when people join games and don't speak or emote at all. I feel like they're just spectators filling up spots because they can.
*I hate it when people go "Oh no!" or "No. No. No. Help!" and everyone goes "Why? Are you okay? What's up? What are you doing?" and the player doesn't answer.
Last edited by xc92u3 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:44 am

I think I've developed a new pet peeve... When people play Bring It On, then proceed to kill an entire herd and put all the elk at pretty much every step of the way, and then kill another herd to put rigtht up at the den. Lately, I don't see a lot of Bring It On games, but when I do, they do this. It's starting to annoy me. I get why they do it, it makes the game a lot easier to play on that difficulty, but I think if you want an easy time you might as well play challenging or something. In my opinion, BIO is supposed to be hard. Sure, kill a few elk if you want, but to make a whole trail from the den to the rendezvous, then decorate your den with corpses? I think I'll just leave and find an actual challenge, lol.
AirBones wrote:When obviously older, more experienced players get mad at a younger/newer player for asking simple questions. Experience two cases of this tonight in some Raise Pups servers, and I was getting so so mad. There's nothing that will turn away a new player faster than being straight up mean to them, especially when they make clear that they're still learning and might need help. Some people and their high horses... smh.
Or when a new player accidentally drowns a pup, and the more experienced players get angry at the new player, when they clearly state they didn't do it on purpose and are sorry it happened. Or they just kick the player, no questions asked. Just how rude can you be? People make mistakes, it even happens to me every now and then. Just tell them what they might've done wrong and help them.
☀ "Beттer тo Lιɢнт oɴe cαɴdle, тнαɴ Cυrѕe тнe Dαrĸɴeѕѕ" ★

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”