WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Nuntayak
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Post by Nuntayak » Sun May 27, 2018 5:16 pm

When people kick others out for no reason. Had this happen to me last night, I was polite etc.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:37 pm

RoamingTigress wrote:When people kick others out for no reason. Had this happen to me last night, I was polite etc.
This. Very this. I get kicked for the most.... ehh... dumb reasons, and so do my friends.
Happened like this once:
Show
Host: azalea change your wolf to black i want it black
Me: But Azalea is not black, she is a Mexican wolf and black is not her coat color.
Host: change it azalea or ill report u
Friend: sheeeeesh
Host: >Kicks me AND friend<
...Why??
In a way, it's mildly amusing, heh.

Figero11
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Figero11 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:53 pm

I might have too many Pet Peeves but I think these are understandable

-Overly emotional/Stupid personalities for characters in an Rp. Not being smart and being emotional aren't bad traits but when you have sentences like "She gets sad and runs away. She falls off a cliff. She broke her leg. Someone must save her or she will die soon" Are very annoying and I tend to ignore that person.
-People who over hunt in pup servers. My rule is, one herd is acceptable, two herds only on BIO, three or more is unnecessary. They make it sound like more than three is necessary but it really isn't.
-People who say "This is my pup you cant touch them" If you dont trust me then go back to singleplayer. Multiplayer is for people who can work with others, and accept my help.
-When someone says "Let the pups walk" or "Keep the pups near me" I hate it because the pups are the slowest animals in the game. Keep the pups near me is annoying because instead of staying ahead of everyone so they keep moving they sit there while everyone waits for them to move because if they go ahead of the host gets mad at them and it makes the game ten times longer.
-"Ill look for a safe place to cross" You do know that the crossings never move right? They are always in the same place and I am most likely heading towards it. And then when they find it they get all proud of themselves like they cured cancer
-"Look out stranger wolves!" When on the journey, and then they tell everyone to hurry and run, even when I tell them that the NPCs by sandbar crossing dont do anything to the pups. And when you tell them that its only the ones at the den that kill your pups they respond with "No! The ones over here killed my pup to!! >:("
-The people who take the time to say the name of the predator instead of just killing it when they see it. I'm just waiting for the day that they spell out the entire species name of the animal instead of the common name.
-When that one person doesnt grasp the concept of rallying and everyone is waiting for them and trying to teach them how to do it.
-That person who doesnt realize you are herding an elk and makes it stop when you arent at the den.
-When someone tries to control everything everyone does and then gets mad when no one listens.
-When a pup dies the one person who spends an hour interogating everyone to figure out how it died and usually follows the "Your pup has died" pop up with a big ol' "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
-In an rp the person who is a pup, and needs someone to take care of them, but they can eat solid food, run and swim, and promptly get themselves into trouble and need to be saved
-When somone spams the whine, growl or bow buttons to express their emotion instead of doing it once or saying it in the chat
-The person who tries to make the whole rp about them but gets mad when no one pays attention to them
-People trying to rp in a non rp server
-People who ask for genders in non rp servers
-When someones desc says "Nice|Can be agressive" What does that mean? Everyone "Can be agressive" but your desc should be the most prominent aspects of your character, not what they can be
-When it seems like every server you join ends as soon as you get there
-When you do a very good job getting the elk to the den and then someone shuts you down with "Carcasses near the den attract more predators" or "That's not realistic"
-Upon joining a new server you say hello and no one responds because they're all doing their own thing
-The one person who has to be a stick in the mud about everything
-Hosts that always change the time before you are ready
-People who are difficult just for the sake of annoying everyone
-When someone leaves everyone behind to get to the rendezvous site first, instead of helping with the pups
-The person who over feeds the pup when it isn't grow your pups stage. Then they tell everyone to wait until their food level is low so no food is wasted and you try to tell them if they move then they can stop feeding
-The one person in an Rp that has to make a huge scene, like an explosion that can be seen from orbit, and everyone ends up getting involved
-When someone gets really mad over a pup name that they don't like
-When someone is really intense about feeding the pups. That level of intensity is only needed in BIO because the pups can go from Max health to dead in five minutes (I timed it). But in Pretty Easy it takes the pups a whole 17 minutes to starve.
-When someone doesn't test the water before taking the pup across
-The player who gets mad that everyone isn't using the crossing that they wanted
-When someone yells at you over every little detail, like how you carry the pup, or where you dropped the elk
-When someone has a super depressing back story where their father went crazy and killed their whole family bla bla bla they were the only one that survived, but they're the happiest wolf you've ever seen
-The wolf in an rp that already know your name instead of finding it out in the rp. If you are supposed to be a complete stranger you wouldn't know my name. Its only acceptable if you do a pack rp where you're already in the pack.
-The person who always wants to hunt moose even though they are never worth it

I think thats everything that bothers me XD (I know it sounds like I hate this game from the amount of things that I have to complain about but I really do like it XD)
Last edited by Figero11 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:11 pm

Figero11 wrote:I might have too many Pet Peeves but I think these are understandable

-Overly emotional/Stupid personalities for characters in an Rp. Not being smart and being emotional aren't bad traits but when you have sentences like "She gets sad and runs away. She falls off a cliff. She broke her leg. Someone must save her or she will die soon" Are very annoying and I tend to ignore that person.
-People who over hunt in pup servers. My rule is, one herd is acceptable, two herds only on BIO, three or more is unnecessary. They make it sound like more than three is necessary but it really isn't.
-People who say "This is my pup you cant touch them" If you dont trust me then go back to singleplayer. Multiplayer is for people who can work with others, and accept my help.
-When someone says "Let the pups walk" or "Keep the pups near me" I hate it because the pups are the slowest animals in the game. Keep the pups near me is annoying because instead of staying ahead of everyone so they keep moving they sit there while everyone waits for them to move because if they go ahead of the host gets mad at them and it makes the game ten times longer.
-"Ill look for a safe place to cross" You do know that the crossings never move right? They are always in the same place and I am most likely heading towards it.
-"Look out stranger wolves!" When on the journey, and then they tell everyone to hurry and run, even when I tell them that the NPCs by sandbar crossing dont do anything to the pups
-The people who take the time to say the name of the predator instead of just killing it when they see it.
-When that one person doesnt grasp the concept of rallying and everyone is waiting for them and trying to teach them how to do it.
-That person who doesnt realize you are herding an elk and makes it stop when you arent at the den
-When someone tries to control everything everyone does and then gets mad when no one listens
-When a pup dies the one person who spends an hour interogating everyone to figure out how it died and usually follows the "Your pup has died" pop up with a big ol' "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
-In an rp the person who is a pup, and needs someone to take care of them, but they can eat solid food, run and swim, and promptly get themselves into trouble and need to be saved
-When somone spams the whine, growl or bow buttons to express their emotion instead of doing it once or saying it in the chat
-The person who tries to make the whole rp about them but gets mad when no one pays attention to them
-People trying to rp in a non rp server
-People who ask for genders in non rp servers
-When someones desc says "Nice|Can be agressive" What does that mean? Everyone "Can be agressive" but your desc should be the most prominent aspects of your character, not what they can be

I think thats everything that bothers me XD
I absolutely love this list. I've encountered at least all of them five times in one day, I think, except one... I find the people who need to be in the center of attention very amusing, which is helpful if I wish to not get mad at them easily. Who wants an aggressive host?? EEH nomme!
Well, here's my list, as if it weren't that differnet from Figero11's XD
|>Those who are always in the center of attention in RP, I know someone who is trying so hard to be a nice wolf but always turns into the villain when no one pays attention.
|>Those who describe this awesome character, and then have to leave/go completely silent for no apparent reason, and do not come back.
|>Those who do not realize I am trying to herd a stubborn cow elk to the den, and they kill it a mile away from the den... I also get annoyed at Phrase Chat sometimes because I then can't let them know HEY WATCH'A DOIN' TRYING TO HERD HERE!
|>Those who are ridiculous or distract everyone from RP. I'll crack a joke on occasion, but it isn't starting this whole conversation on an elk carcass next to a tree. XD
|>Carcass next to tree
Show
Player: wait lookat this carass)
Me: what?)
Player: it next to lone tree)
Me: So?)
Player: no come look, the carcass is right next to lone tree!)
Me: Yeah, I see it from here, back to RP guys!)
Player: no u have to come look at this closer, it right next to lone tree!
Why do players who are ridiculous have to have weird grammar?
|>Those who kick others for the stupidist reasons. As many of us said before, being kicked by wrong coat coler/unreelistic eyecolllor/STOP RPING AND HUNT! (you said it was an RP server, what the pebble?)/dont keep pups neer den let them die/Follow me! Stop hunting! Get back here! (and these were all quotes of people who then kicked me for their reason) is just.. wow....
it be the kick of death
Show
Me: >Snuggles the pups and play bows<
Host: Stop playing with the pups and help hunt!!
Me: I'm just training them so we can move on to protecting them, no one else is watching them and my wolf is weak.
Host: SO?! We need more elk carcasses!
Me: There's a hundred of them and we're all already full on pup food, lemme watch pups
Host: >Warns me<
Me: Ehh
Friend: Geez come on she knows how to watch pups!
Me: :3
Host: ___! You ____! You all are ______!!! >Kicks me<
|>Those who take offense/get mad at something silly very easily. I'm just telling you that you're herding the elk in the wrong way, and then you get all upset like that? Sheesh!
|>Those who... are just not aware of their text and of the rules, or just ignore them. They're cussing like crazy/RPing inappropriate stuff and I'm like dude, have you read the rules? And of course, ALL of them go WHAT RULES?!??!
|>Pupdrowners in general. And most of them are jerks to the others too.
|>Those who are picky about pup coat colors. They'll state what color they want the pups to be, (white, black, orange, etc.) and then yell at players who are not that color. BUT --you are not the host, so you cannot kick them HAHAHAHAHA but then they yell at ME because I'm not kicking them/being nice to them, even though it's too late and the pups are here and they're brown, unlike what the player wanted.

EEEEE half of this stuff doesn't bother me that bad actually, most of the time mom has to stick her head through the door to see why I'm laughing so hard. Other times I'm seething and mad and just really, really DONE.

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Tue May 29, 2018 11:37 pm

I searched the whole thread to find a post I might have made and couldn't find it so, heres my list of pet peeves !

Pup-claimers/Pup-killers
RP Attention seekers.
The ones who make me go to them so they can explain something to me
The ones who just find it too difficult to rally
The ones who favor and will only care for the albino pups
People who just will not accept the fact they aren't in control of us
The ones who say, "you guys keep hunting, I'm going to claim the territory"
That one person who refuses to cross over into the rendevous site when everyone else is there and ready to finish the game
When non-literate rperss 'try' to join literate rps, I personally have nothing wrong with people wanting to try and find out what's different about a literate rp, but then they come up to you whilst you're in a middle of a post and try talking to you until eventually they say, "psht, these poeple are idiots and don't pay attention to me" then leave the server ...like, I'm kinda busy here 0-0
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

The_Wumbologist
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Bethany

Post by The_Wumbologist » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Pup claiming. You know, when you're playing Raise Pups on multiplayer and someone proclaims a certain pup to be "theirs." For example, "Jeremy is mine."

It is often done without the consent or approval of the host. In pup raising servers, it is very important to follow the instructions of the host as they are usually the ones determining everything from the den used to the difficulty to how much hunting is done before the journey to what route to take to the rendezvous. Saying certain pups "belong" to certain players undermines the host's authority and creates a divisive, sometimes competitive atmosphere ("every pup for themselves"/"my pup is more important than these other pups"/"I'm going to rush ahead of the host to the rendezvous to ensure my pup's safety at the expense of the rest of the group, besides, who cares about predators because they're easy to ignore when you only care about 1 pup") which is definitely not what you want in a game mode based on cooperation and teamwork.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 am

The_Wumbologist wrote:Pup claiming. You know, when you're playing Raise Pups on multiplayer and someone proclaims a certain pup to be "theirs." For example, "Jeremy is mine."

It is often done without the consent or approval of the host. In pup raising servers, it is very important to follow the instructions of the host as they are usually the ones determining everything from the den used to the difficulty to how much hunting is done before the journey to what route to take to the rendezvous. Saying certain pups "belong" to certain players undermines the host's authority and creates a divisive, sometimes competitive atmosphere ("every pup for themselves"/"my pup is more important than these other pups"/"I'm going to rush ahead of the host to the rendezvous to ensure my pup's safety at the expense of the rest of the group, besides, who cares about predators because they're easy to ignore when you only care about 1 pup") which is definitely not what you want in a game mode based on cooperation and teamwork.
Wow, this is the game I just played
I was host
They was pup claimers
A player was carrying the albino pup because she never cared for the others and absolutely favored white wolves (and had a white wolf). Another player was jealous and wanted the albino pup for herself, but the white player got mad and the albino pup ended up drowning. They then got super mad at each other and then both placed a claim on the "next prettiest" pup, which was apparently mine. I'm just playing normally with the other nice players and their pups, and when they tried to pick it up after I said I'm good and don't need them to do that, I just kept feeding the pup out of the players' mouths.
I usually will carry one specific pup the whole journey, but if a player needs help I'll put my pup down somewhere and carry their pup for them. I usually don't mind pup-claiming because usually it's phrase chat, but the last game with the albino pup dying and stuff was a private text chat with two new friends I had just met. ick
I also hate it when the host goes really slow with the pups, or doesn't realize I'm trying to keep the game going and take the pups from the den and go to the star on the compass, when the host doesn't know that the journey has already started and is still keeping the pups by the den. wah XD
Also, I just joined a game and got really annoyed... oh my gosh! So irritated!
Game Glimpse That Annoyed Me
Show
Shadow (Host): Okay guys, pups can sleep here, we sleep over here, and I'll sleep by the Baer Bluffs.
Alder: ===-RP LINE-===
Shadow (Host): Wait no I'm not ready, and only I can start the RP
Shadow (Host): I'll restart it when I'm ready
Alder: >Jumps into Shadow and then walks away growling< That was rude!
Me: What was rude?
Alder: Shadow's rude!
Me: I get annoyed when people suddenly start the RP when no one's ready and I'm the host. I think he's fine.
Alder: Well okay then
Shadow (Host): I'm ready! -RP line-
Us: >All start RP<
Shadow (Host): I have to go bye >Ends game<
And then after a moment...
Alder: >Remakes the game, and I join first<
Alder: Yay you're here now we don't have to deal with the selfish brat
Me: Who?
Alder: Shadow
emme: >Joins<
Me: WB
Alder: hoi
Alder: Cussing's aloud
Me: Uh no it's not, sorry
Alder: In my server it is
Me: Then I'm leaving, good bye
emme: bye
Alder: ...
Me: >poofs<

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Post by Allikat10011 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:46 am

Here are my pet peeves:
- unrealistic non-wolf roleplay
If you want to be a fox, at least act like a fox
- People who constantly say they are lone wolves
I'm fine if you just say it once, but making the "lone and sad wolf" your entire character and constantly reminding others that your alone can be annoying to me
- People who describe themselves as "Beautiful/handsome" in their descriptions
Don't just say your beautiful, describe your beauty and give examples. Its easy to say you are pretty, maybe say you have pretty fur or eyes or interesting patterns. Show don't tell.
- People who use Beta, Alpha, Delta
These are not ranking systems in a wolf pack. There are the parents and the children. Hunter and Guard are not real wolf terms either.
- People who roleplay waaayyyy to realisically
I know I just basically contradicted myself, but if someone wants to hunt a bull elk or eat a rabbit right after hunting, even though wolves would not do that, it just seems picky to stop them.

EDIT: Oh, and people who favor wolves just because of their color (white fur, blue eyes, black fur)
Last edited by Frodo1 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding info from double post

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:34 pm

@Allikat10011, in the future please make sure to edit your post instead of double-posting.
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:12 pm

Oh heck I just played a game with five different drama queens
•I absolutely hate it when people are RPing and on the other side of the map than you, even though in RP they're somehow talking to you.
•I understand that you would normally carry a pup you named, but dude name it appropriately please...
•When people play with wolves with different wolves. For example, maybe someone joined a game with a wolf named Popcorn, but then they go and RP a cat named Luna using Popcorn the wolf. ???
•When people take the fact that it's a power RP too far. For instance, there was once a player who was a wolf with blue eyes, can read minds, has four pairs of wings, can turn invisible, can move at the speed of light and can turn into a demon fox with nine tails. Oh, and not to mention, she can also hear your heartbeat from fifty miles away!
•When people suddenly become pregnant even if they're a loner in RPs. Dude, it just adds unneeded drama, because usually when that happens they need to scream at everyone to come watch her birth pups out of nowhere.
•When games are super glitchy. Then I can't hunt, care for pups, see other players or even play the game.
•When people copy a phrase and then SPAM the chat with it over and over. Like, "no. no. no. no. no.", "hat u hat u hat u hat u hat u", etc.
•When people put more than two symbols in their wolf name. Or they edit a blocked word, one time I saw a wolf called ___brain. HEHEHEHE he got sooo mad when he asked if I reported him and I didn't say no >XD
•When people join games just to complain about a specific user or to say that no one loves them and that they're leaving WQ. It' stupid.
Anyway yeah XD

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Post by Loach » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 am

• Not communicating with the other players in a chat-room game. A lot of problems I've encountered are EASILY solved if someone would just speak up instead of continuously whining about it, long after the incident even happened. Just say something if it bothers you. It goes a long way.
  • Expecting people to understand through the vaguest means. "Hey Loach stop" will get my attention MUCH faster than a "nonono" or a ":C". It's been a while since I've been in multiplayer games; just be direct when talking to me and I'll listen.
  • Wanting to do things on your own when you're in a pup game. It just baffles and confuses me.
  • Excessive hunting and herding when there's 4+ players in a game. There's more than enough food around and more than enough people to take turns to get food and babysit the pups.
  • Not participating in rallies. This is especially bothersome when people are in range. Just...why. It takes a few seconds to help fill up the bar. bls.
DeviantArt
returning member from ancient times

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:36 am

I rarely play multiplayer for one reason and one reason only: Overhunting in the Raise Pups game mode.

Let's take all the challenge out of the game by slaughtering a herd or three of elk all at once, constantly keeping it night time so that the ravens don't eat the corpses, and over all just sitting around on our rumps waiting for the journey to the rendezvous to start.

I'm not really playing the game much right now for this simple reason, at least until 3.0 launches. When you're playing on Pack Life, go wild for all I care, not much else to do besides hunt all the prey. But when you're playing Raise Pups...abusing the elk's AI kind of just makes it not fun. There should be concern about getting enough food in time for your pups, knowing you're on a time crunch and having to hunt down prey quickly enough. It's not like the pups are in danger when you leave. Heck it's only when you're at the den that predators show up even, so there's no reason not to.

So I always end up being one of those people that joins and leaves immediately, simply by going into scent vision and seeing how much of the herd has been killed.

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Loach » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:21 am

Oh yeah that too. It's hard for me to find Raise Pup games that aren't already finished by the time I join them, and I'm always interested in helping and taking the time to go get food and hunt, but then when I do get into early games, there's a pile of carcasses already and when people do hunt again, they get all snippy cuz they're trying to herd the elk to the den so they won't have to move. Like...uuuhhh. What?

Text chat games where no one talks is also very awkward. >__>""
DeviantArt

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:41 am

This is why I'm so excited for 3.0. All these new systems in place that basically assure you can't cheat the system too much. Rival wolves are now an actual, constant threat. Elk aren't always in the same place and immediately available. Rival carnivores are smarter and more of a challenge.

Another pet peeve of mine is people using the feeding glitch to carry pups indefinitely to the rendezvous site. Oh great, first you guys scummed the herds to do nothing, and now you're just scumming a glitch to finish the boredom as fast as possible.

It makes no sense to me!

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Loach » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 am

Right? I can understand cheesing a game occasionally but why do it all the time? Shake it up a little!

People who get huffy in more lax games can sometimes cross an irritating line, too. I was hosting an XPHunt game the other day and we all were taking a break to let the birds and scavengers clear some of our carcasses. People who came in would get annoyed that we were goofing off or just sitting around chatting.
DeviantArt

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”