WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:00 am

1. When you're trying to herd an elk toward the den to use for food once pups are born and someone interferes with your herding and decides to kill the elk halfway across the map from where you wanted it. Then when you tell them not to do that, they get angry and call you "ungrateful" for not appreciating that they were helping you kill the elk. They act like they've never raised pups in the game before, and then leave the server angrily.
2. People who join a rp server who don't know anything about how to rp and are completely clueless when somebody asks them for their character description. There's guides on the steam page about how to rp, and they're there for a reason. Read them before you jump into a rp server with no clue how to rp.
3. Trolls who join your server and spam the chat. This is especially problematic in rp servers. What's worse is when several of them join and raid your server all at once. When I encounter these trolls, I just report them and get out of the server, or, if I'm the host, just straight up kick them. The problem is, if there's three or more of them, you end up having to kick all of them, which means that no more players will be able to join.

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 am

Welp, I got kicked for naming a pup the other day. Something I'm automatically prompted to do.

That was the weirdest experience I may have had yet.

alebrije
Yearling
Yearling

Post by alebrije » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:55 am

Trolls. They’ll join all at once and makes it hard to enjoy the game.

TimberRaven
Name: I am Hugh

Post by TimberRaven » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:04 am

Loach wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:21 am
Text chat games where no one talks is also very awkward. >__>""
Psh relate...

+When I open up an RP server and state that there is strictly one species of subject allowed (wolves only, cats only, dragons only, rocks only, etc.) and people join and be the wildest characters (I've seen dinosaurs and can-shift-into-anything shapeshifters)! And I'm like, no, dude, stop... just... stop... pause. reverse. WHAT IS THAT. be a wolf. c'mon. d00d STAWP.

+When I'm herding elk towards the den and then somebody drops by, chases it away from the den... hurry up and kill it before it gets too far from it. Then they stop and rest for stamina. OH MY GOSH, NO. So then I race after it, turn it around, then they're like yay! and they kill the elk right then and there. Nooooooo...

+When people take one of my pups (translation: a pup I'm carrying LOL) and think they know exactly what they're doing (even though evidence shows that they're newbies. Glad to see people are still joining WQ ^^) and they drown the pup. Like.... noooo... now I have to name another CptPicard, because you killed him :(

+When people in RPs have to (like, "our owners will kill us if we don't mate" kind of thing ahh) mate, or they'll face consequences. ew. no. Reported somebody like that just today, waah

+Dog fights, or dogs having to do something or "our owners will beat us." I was once a fox announcer, and in the end, it turned out I got so insane that I threw myself into the hole at the festival in LR and the dogs ate the shreds they tore me into. Then they were free. Then I rejoined as a ghost. A very depressed ghost.

+When popular people join RPs and say that they are going to leave WQ because everybody hates them and doesn't care. The funny part, however, is that usually the people I'm playing with are smart, stay quiet, or by using emotes, give cues like "this player tho XD". Then that obnoxious player is usually kicked, usually leaves, or everyone starts snapping when they continue their antics. Including me.

+Pupdrowners in general. XD
Spoiler
Show
MOOO :cow:
Spoiler
Show
ET phone home???
Spoiler
Show
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler
Show
Make it so.
Spoiler
Show
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Instead, put baking soda in it and watch it explode :twisted:
Spoiler
Show
Chirp's cool
Spoiler
Show
Owww! :wolf:
Spoiler
Show
It's broccoli O.O :tree:
Spoiler
Show
You have eyebrows
Spoiler
Show
You're still reading these?? *huggles*

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 am

More of my personal pet peeves:
-People who don't know how to rally and everyone else has to explain it to them so that we can rally to kill the bull moose
- People who join a non rp server thinking it's a rp server
-People who ask for genders in non rp servers even though it doesn't even matter
-People who join a server where everyone is hunting floppy (the glitched moose in LR) but have no idea what anyone is doing or even what floppy is.
-When someone thinks you can go to the cattle ranch in multiplayer :roll:
I would list more, but then this post would probably be too long.

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:44 am

DinoDogDude209 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:00 am
1. When you're trying to herd an elk toward the den to use for food once pups are born and someone interferes with your herding and decides to kill the elk halfway across the map from where you wanted it. Then when you tell them not to do that, they get angry and call you "ungrateful" for not appreciating that they were helping you kill the elk. They act like they've never raised pups in the game before, and then leave the server angrily.
This. I played a lot and to be honest got a little bored and so the perfect herding became almost the only fun challange for me so when someone messes it up I get more enraged than average (though wont really show it) cause what is happening is they're ruining one of the only things I still can have fun with...

Edit: But for the same reason of being a little bored, nowadays I just love crazy / mean hosts and players! They give me a good laugh and are often a good sport if you know what I mean... just hand me some popcorn. :lol:
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

TimberRaven

Post by TimberRaven » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 pm

Wow LOL, more and more I see people going "everybody hates me" "im leaving" "wolf@so and so is leaving WQ forever!" "no one cares about me" "waaaah"
And then those people RP and they're like that in RP :roll:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
ET phone home???
Spoiler
Show
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler
Show
Make it so.
Spoiler
Show
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Instead, put baking soda in it and watch it explode :twisted:
Spoiler
Show
Chirp's cool
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
You have eyebrows
Spoiler
Show
You're still reading these?? *huggles*

ArgentsArrows
Pup
Pup
Name: Birdie/Goose

Post by ArgentsArrows » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:00 pm

It’s me again with more pet peeves that’re probably me being picky, I can’t stand seeing pup RPers all the time. If I wanted a server with pups running around, I’d host a raising pups game.

Not every pack needs pups running around to add “drama” or “make it interesting”.

I also had one person try to guilt trip me for trying to keep my roleplay realistic. They had metal teeth from experimentation, and when I repeated that “this is a realistic server, I think that’s pushing it a little far” they just went on and on about how “I know where I’m not wanted”. Now when they see me, they give a little “oh, it’s you” and leave.

Like, gee, if you’re going to join a realistic server, maybe you should think about the character you’re using and what’s realistic? And especially not guilt trip the host until they have enough and kick you because you aren’t willing to play along.
the curves of your lips rewrite history

TimberRaven

Post by TimberRaven » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:34 pm

ArgentsArrows wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:00 pm
It’s me again with more pet peeves that’re probably me being picky, I can’t stand seeing pup RPers all the time. If I wanted a server with pups running around, I’d host a raising pups game.

Not every pack needs pups running around to add “drama” or “make it interesting”.

I also had one person try to guilt trip me for trying to keep my roleplay realistic. They had metal teeth from experimentation, and when I repeated that “this is a realistic server, I think that’s pushing it a little far” they just went on and on about how “I know where I’m not wanted”. Now when they see me, they give a little “oh, it’s you” and leave.

Like, gee, if you’re going to join a realistic server, maybe you should think about the character you’re using and what’s realistic? And especially not guilt trip the host until they have enough and kick you because you aren’t willing to play along.
That just sounds funny :lol: The metal teeth and pups problems are sooo relatable!
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
ET phone home???
Spoiler
Show
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler
Show
Make it so.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Chirp's cool
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
You have eyebrows