WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

lightshadowwolf223
Pup
Pup

Re: WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Post by lightshadowwolf223 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:36 am

SitkaSoul wrote:I hate all the role-plays, especially the human and paranormal ones! You can’t sign on without seeing them. I hate all the ‘human v. vampire v. werewolf’ and the ‘human teen’ ones. I really have never been into role-play, but if I were to rp I would do it on a site specifically for that rp. I mean really, you’re on Wolfquest! Wolf …. Quest! Not vampire quest, or teenager quest. If you really can’t live without these ridiculous rps, go play Sims! Agh ... hope I didn't offend anyone :oops:
You pretty much hit the nail on the head!

*Sparkle wolves, (wolves that are a non-realistic color.

*Imortal wolves.

*Someone constant;y yelling: can i be your meat?!

*Gender specific rps.

*Werewolf,vampire rps.

*People who go out of their way to annoy you.

*People coming in to a chat and not looking at the chat name.

*All-powerful wolves.

*Superwolves.

*People who use humans in rp constantly (i mean its ok SPARINGLY because ever nation reserve has a few poachers does it not?

Those are my pet peeves.
Hunting is not destruction and i get annoyed by people all ways going like: OOO your killing the animals!
I just say: No. its population managment, and could someone who hates animals know so much about them?

Fire Eternal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Fire Eternal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 am

Oh goodness, where to start. I don't even...

> People who come into a game and immediately take over. For example, my friend and I had a game up, and this wolf comes in and immediately takes half of the map as her territory (more on this later). This includes the small area that was my friend's and my small territory.
> To continue off of that, one wolf can't hold a territory, let alone a territory spanning half the map. The established packs in single player don't even have territories that big!
> When a wolf yells at you for ignoring their howl/action/words (in a roleplay), even though they're on the other side of the map.
> Floating. 'Nough said.
> Wolves who claim to be faster than you in the roleplay, even though your wolf can catch up to them while walking.
> When wolves use their claws like cats. This bugs me to no end.
> The fact that you can still say "mates" in game. No, the lexicon does not block it. I mean, "mates" is the action as well as plural, is it not? So it would make sense to kick that out the door before he and she.
> Lack of pronouns.
> When a wolf blatantly flees in a challenge for territory (and thus the territory) then comes back and still claims the territory is theirs.
> The fact that two leading females (oooooh, they're meats and both girls!) is... unusual, considering that all (or most, all wasn't quite achieved) references to genders have been eliminated, and thus your wolf is, in fact, supposed to be an it anyway.
> People who continuously fall, break limbs, bleed half their life away, or fall down the cliffs for attention.
> Wolves that are pregnant and come in and try to play, like, five different wolves.
> Wolves who do not act at least semi-realistically. Fancy colors, markings, accessories do not bother me. Wolves with powers do not bother me (so long as they are not the only one with a power, thus making them immediately more powerful than everyone else). What bothers me, is that when a wolf is bitten, it continues to fight as if it has no injuries at all. Or when two other wolves are holding it to the ground, it can magically just up and away with a snap of its fingers.
> Those dumb people who have imposed such limitations with the lexicon upon the rest of us because they cannot chat/rp/play in an appropriate manner.
> Wolves who continue to go into the hunting grounds when politely asked no to because it will crash the majority of the players' games, and then when pressed reply with "Oh, well, it doesn't lag for me". Okay, well, when you're disconnected because the host crashed, we're all blaming you, hun.
> The fact that nearly almost every wolf is black or white.
> People who get mad when you politely ask them if they could leave because someone who had been there had to brb or crashed. It's not like we're yelling at you, and you have every right to stay if you want to. We're just asking if you could. There's no need to get rude and crude, really!
> Wolves who come in and describe it as night or snowing, even though it's dawn and in Amethyst Mountain (where the game doesn't allow it to snow anyway).
> Why must every wolf be unbearably aggressive?
> When I'm constantly mistaken as someone's father, or a male.
> When people don't understand the fact that your father is my one character. Not me. Not my other character who is a female. One character.
> Wolves who come in (usually a female) solely to ask if there are any males (leds xD) and upon realizing there aren't, leave.
> Even worse, when someone says they are, this kind of girl immediately glues herself to him and wants to be his mate.
> The males who actually give in to that. (I applaud this one guy who actually said "...I don't even know you!")
> Characters who are named after (and usually thus based off of) legit characters in books. (I remember back when every wolf was named Fell or Larka.)
> Wolves who belong to packs hosted on wetpaint sites. This includes Black Bloods, or whatever they are. (Actually, I have a whole other set of petpeeves about wetpaint packs, but I'll save them for another time.)
> When people kill a bunch of rabbits and elk and then don't eat them. Eventually, the dead bodies build up and lag the game.
> When a wolf decides to kill you when you're 'brbing' and you've said "Brb" and then expects you to hold to that.

...Well, that list came out much longer than I expected it to! :'D;
---------------------------[ FIRE ! ]
---___________________________

--I'm gonna live like every day's my last,
--gonna be the one to come out laughing.

-I'm gonna laugh like every joke's my best,
----gonna be the one to come out living.

----[ ETERNAL ! ]

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 am

Fire Eternal wrote:> The fact that you can still say "mates" in game. No, the lexicon does not block it. I mean, "mates" is the action as well as plural, is it not? So it would make sense to kick that out the door before he and she.
This was addressed on another topic.
WQ Coordinator wrote:... 'mates' was not intended to be reintroduced into the lexicon... the word 'mat' was put back into the lexicon, so therefore 'mates' was as well. That was my mistake when I was looking for words that I thought would be alright to try putting in the lexicon again. I'm hoping we can do another update to resolve this problem well before the year is done, if not in the next few days.
Chat Lexicon:
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... 5#p1991326

Overall your very long is is agreeable with me. ;3

Fire Eternal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Fire Eternal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:02 am

Ahh, okay. Thank makes sense. I was just sitting there with my friend and we were like, "...You can still say that? Out of everything else you cannot say, you can say mates?"

I should probably lurk around on the forums more often than I do. xD
---------------------------[ FIRE ! ]

--I'm gonna live like every day's my last,
--gonna be the one to come out laughing.

-I'm gonna laugh like every joke's my best,
----gonna be the one to come out living.

----[ ETERNAL ! ]

Melpomene
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Melpomene » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 am

Pup-players asking you all the time to be their mom. Ugh.
Non-realistic wolves(blue eyes or pure white fur is okay with me, however something like metal paw is really...eh), in apparition or in action, like flying...
People who try to fight all the time.
Some guys who are hunter(huh, in Yellowstone?)-killers, human-killers, bull-by-one-bite-killers...
Rude people who even don't try to be friendly to same younger players.
Simply the ones who focus on themselves; I don't know why do they actually join MP?

Fern7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Matthew

Post by Fern7 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:07 pm

I could probably go on and on. But these are my top ones.
-People who think everything revolves around them.
-People who spam the chat.
-People who RP when your not in a RP game.
-Everyone who talks about the 'meat' business.
-People who scream at you to leave their open games.

There are a couple others, but that's all I can think of right now.
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱
Didn't you notice?

Undecided. Uninvited.
Screwing. Misbehaving.
Unacceptable, yet so right.
It's for the best.

Driving straight through America.
Let's watch the sun come up.
Somewhere over the rainbow

Siggie by FERN7

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 pm

Blowing the dust off this topic, I feel like posting about more pet peeves.
  • ♦ People who start hunting and expect other people to help when they never asked if anyone wanted to hunt in the first place.
    ♦ When someone kills a bull, gloats and brags, even though they died countless times to do so. Gloat about killing a bull when you don't die. Then I'll be impressed.

gabrilagg

Post by gabrilagg » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Croix wrote:Blowing the dust off this topic, I feel like posting about more pet peeves.
  • ♦ People who start hunting and expect other people to help when they never asked if anyone wanted to hunt in the first place.
Agreed!

I also hate when soemtimes happen I join the Open Game and the person there say "To RP with us here you may join our Pack" and I'm like "o_O"

I also hate that long descriptions. Why are they needed? We already can see the other wolf fur colour. -_-

I don't like cats RP that is almost all the time open on MP. D<

And, oh, the meat thingy.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:18 pm

I think this is a few that I ran into in the past.

Joining a WolfRP, not knowing if it's a 'pack' or a 'loner' RP, and you find out when you enter.

In the middle of RP, someone who hosts or joins the game, finds 'something' that everyone knows about and expects everyone to come from their point in the game to see what it is.

Especially when describing, there is always one user who says anything similar; beautiful, scent of roses and dew drops, amazing body(silhouette), an amazing mother.

Others who trick into using words that are against the filter(like cussing, swearing)

Also, when users either go hunting or scavenge(I know every location of a carcass is, good memory^^) This one user is somewhere far from hunting grounds, RP they have killed an elk, that unexpectedly died in the same place as a carcass has. Now usually the scent doesn't go away and I saw nearby, there was only one scent trail, and that was from a carcass that has been there since the game started.

Saving spots for specific users to come in, and they threaten they'll report if you don't leave.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:53 am

SpecialK42293 wrote:Saving spots for specific users to come in, and they threaten they'll report if you don't leave.
I see this quite a lot. Most of the time they are empty threats and if you are reported, it's not like you'll be warned for not leaving an open server.
  • ♦ When people say the "know" someone when they have only seen them a few times in random servers.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:02 am

Croix wrote:
SpecialK42293 wrote:Saving spots for specific users to come in, and they threaten they'll report if you don't leave.
I see this quite a lot. Most of the time they are empty threats and if you are reported, it's not like you'll be warned for not leaving an open server.
  • ♦ When people say the "know" someone when they have only seen them a few times in random servers.

Yes that tends to be the issue. Also, when you meet someone you like role playing with, and you offer them to come into your RP chat and they say they would come and never show up and you end up saving those spot(s) for that user.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Whispering Death
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Whispering Death » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:47 am

A very useful topic, if I do say so myself. ^^ I think this is the only thing that I could think of at the time:
  • - Gory RPing (Which is amusing to watch from time to time)
Que Sera, Sera

Khia 112
Pup
Pup

Post by Khia 112 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:38 am

-Being followed constantly. It creeps me out, like when I have someone staring over my shoulder while I use my laptop or play a game.

-People constantly asking me to be my mate. I did the mates thing when I was new to WQ(I made a new account; I have actually been on here for over a year, but would prefer not to tell my old username), but not anymore, and I'm sick of it.

-People who just howl, bow, and wag their tails constantly (I've found many newbies on WQ game do this.)

-People who think that, in an RP, when they are on the opposite side of the map from you, that they are able to interact with your character. Especially if they're being rude.

-Joining a chat and having people yelling at me to leave because they're saving a spot.I'm fine with leaving, but there's no need to get angry at me because I joined a chat. They could AT LEAST ask nicely.

-People who don't like randomness. XD Me and my friend are insanely random.

-"Mating RPs' and such, as well as dog fighting RPs. It's just... disgustingly inappropriate.

-People who go in hunting grounds after you have nicely told them not to go in the hunting grounds because you or someone in the chat crashes if they go in there.

-"instant killing bites" and things like that.

-People who try and get around the filter to cuss. I've had this happen multiple times... I've even ended up going into a chat, and the first ten things they say includes the S word.

-Extremely formal-sounding people. I've got nothing against it, but it starts to annoy me after a while, but it's just their way of talking (or typing) and it's perfectly fine.

I have a lot lol
......................'..Rain, rain, go away
.....................Come again another day
...............All the world is waiting for the sun
.......................To lie here under you
.......................Is all I could ever do ♥

Av/Sig: LupinzPack/Emberflare

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:21 am

A few days ago I had something in mind, but forgot it D; maybe it'll come around..
Anyways, here's a few more, they're probably listed in the recent or latest posts.
Below, is a list of things that happened in my "Realistic RP" and sometimes it gets too out of hand~

-When users come in looking for a *mate*, they stand at little butte, and ask constantly, after I told them to leave to go to another chat, and of course if I log out, they'll come back like always, or my game doesn't work as often.

-Pups, or other wolves who tend to have team mates with other animals, or control the entire map, by themselves, like their the boss, especially in your hosted game -.-"

-Hosting a lone RP, then having others to create a *pack*..

-Pups who drown themselves for no reason because they can't find a parent, and make us look like the bad guys(sorry I don't always play/RP with pups, unless they act real and play along, then sure, otherwise I won't go along).

-play fight--ok, use natural skills, no instant bites, dodging, etc. Real fights-- ok a little out of control...-.-

-When a blizzard, or change of sever weather comes along in game play, wolves don't push a boulder to the front of their den to keep snow or cold rain out...They, don't carry logs on their backs to build an *nondestructive* home, or do they climb trees, now I have never seen a wolf climb a tree, and jump from tree to tree, like a monkey..
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Black Velvet
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Black Velvet » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:39 am

Here is a list of my pet peeves on the multiplayer...

1.) Any role play that involves human hunters/trappers. I just can't stand it! :x

2.) Extreme un-realistic role play (wolves with wings, over the top magic powers, etc.) I once had a wolf in one of my chats that was pretty much playing as a Rainbow Dash pony. Some supernatural powers are okay with me... it depends.

3.) I hate it when I'm constantly being heckled by players who want to have a mate. Even when I, and all the other players in the chat tell them "No", they just can't take a hint. They will sometimes continue to pester us about it. And then, I end up having to start the chat over/ leave the chat. :x

4.) Drama queens/kings. Players that pretty much want the attention of everyone else in the game. They do crazy stuff, like pretend they are hurt, stuck, suffering, dying, etc. If me or any of the other players ignore them, they will continue to "cry for help" forever, until someone goes over to them. :x

5.) Spam wolves... I once had one come in and ask all sorts of nasty questions.

6.) Players who intentionally make rude, discrimative, remarks about someone based on their race/ethnicity, or where they are from.

7.) Players who share very personal problems in their lives (like family issues) with everyone in the chat. I once had someone in one of my chats who kept telling me that their parents were fighting in the other room. I often tell players like these that it's really none of my business and that I can't do anything about it. It's like, what do ya want me to do? You want me to come out of the computer screen and go tell them to stop?

8.) Getting stuck in the "Glitch zone", as I like to call it. It's the place around the oxbow lake.

9.) I don't like it when other players run around me in a circle repeatedly. I ofthen ask, "Why are you circling me like a buzzard over a carcass?" :D

That's all I can think of for now.
Last edited by Black Velvet on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black velvet and that little boy's smile
Black velvet with that slow southern style
A new religion that'll bring ya to your knees
Black velvet if you please
-Alannah Myles

Author of "Silent Meadows"

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”