WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Legendary-Taco
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WolfQuest Multiplayer Pet Peeves

Post by Legendary-Taco » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:38 pm

StarPaw019 wrote:Just gonna pop in on this thread for a second~

Many of you are annoyed by the drama llamas that try to force RP to revolve around them by getting hurt in some way.
Black Velvet wrote:4.) Drama queens/kings. Players that pretty much want the attention of everyone else in the game. They do crazy stuff, like pretend they are hurt, stuck, suffering, dying, etc. If me or any of the other players ignore them, they will continue to "cry for help" forever, until someone goes over to them. :x
Indeed. If you can convince the other players not to go help them, they'll be on their dying breath forever.
Then later when they're asking why you're not saving them, say that you are, in a roundabout way. As long as you ignore them, the character will be able to gasp one more breath, but as soon as some wolf acknowledges that they need help, they go off and 'die'. (Only to be revived by some magical herb.)
Or just trot by nonchalantly and say, "Aye, could 'ya hurry it up? The vultures are waiting."
..Okay, so perhaps not the last one. And yes, I do have my own list of peeves, but I'm sure they've all been covered by someone, and seeing as Multiplayer no longer works for me, I don't keep very up-to-date.
I couldn't agree more. I find that people always fall into the river, and though it is really annoying, it does become somewhat comical when noone helps them. Anywho, my pet peeves~

• People who say their wolf is unique or charming (Already said, but eh)
• Power playing
• Magical powers like wings or something like glowing eyes
• People with way cliché characters
___________╔══════════╗

_________im pretty meme savvy...
______ Ask me anything chump xox
________(avatar by me boyo xox~)

___________╚══════════╝

Larkey

Post by Larkey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 pm

What really annoys me is when people title open games:"OnlyPeopleIKnow" or something like that, when they can just make a private game and PM the users you want to come.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:09 am

-Duskfang- wrote:What really annoys me is when people title open games:"OnlyPeopleIKnow" or something like that, when they can just make a private game and PM the users you want to come.
I get/see that all the time, yet I go in to see who is there and yet people say they'll report me. Even though I'm just doing what others tend to do and report them for having certain amount of people to join in an open game.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Emberflare
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Emberflare » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 pm

When people come into your chats and advertise their OWN chats...that bugs me a lot.
I turn the music up
I got my records on
From underneath the rubble, sing a rebel song
Every siren is a symphony
And every tear's a waterfall
It's a waterfall
Avatar by LupinzPack / Signature by me / Lyrics by Coldplay, "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall"

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Floofysaur » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:01 pm

I agree, they tend to say; "come to my chat, I'll have more people" or "come and we can role play and chat there too" so they can have their own rules to apply.

Another thing that bothers me, is what territory they control and if you trespass then their is something you have to do for them, or they chase you and mark the land(much stronger...that is not even possible)
Or what piece of land was theirs or open and what was there..
like if there were hunters/humans involved 'uplands would be the place'
If there was a fire involved, near them, and especially me, they always target the host of the game and suggest them to be rescued or died first. Then the place is 'magically' alive again, a few moments later and they claim the spot you were driven from -.-
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Khia 112
Pup
Pup

Post by Khia 112 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:03 pm

-Duskfang- wrote:What really annoys me is when people title open games:"OnlyPeopleIKnow" or something like that, when they can just make a private game and PM the users you want to come.

Sometimes private chats don't work on some computers. In that case I think it's alright as long as they're polite and don't "scream" at people to leave. But if that isn't the case, it annoys me as well.
......................'..Rain, rain, go away
.....................Come again another day
...............All the world is waiting for the sun
.......................To lie here under you
.......................Is all I could ever do ♥

Av/Sig: LupinzPack/Emberflare

Canine-
Pup
Pup

Post by Canine- » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Well I sure have a few of them;

-Random people following you.
-Unrealistic RolePlays.
-Someone controlling YOUR own character.
-PowerPlaying! Ugh!
-Wolves killing hunters in RolePlay.
-Leaders who don't let anyone do anything in RolePlay.

I have a lot more but I'd just keep going on an on (:
___(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸Canine¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)
._» "For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, «
_.» and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." «
______________________-яυ∂уαя∂ кιρℓιηg
_______.___
______________Sig/Dreamer

Khia 112
Pup
Pup

Post by Khia 112 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:59 pm

-I can't stand some person following me for no reason.
-People who go hunt after you politely ask them not to go in the hunting grounds, then the chat crashes.
-Human RPs. Warrior cat RPs I can understand, although it'd be better for people to just do that on fansites or the official Warriors forum, but humans? Seriously, people?
-Mating RPs. It's just... disgusting. And against forum rules.
-People who constantly ask you to be their mate, when it's not allowed and you tell them no a million times.
......................'..Rain, rain, go away
.....................Come again another day
...............All the world is waiting for the sun
.......................To lie here under you
.......................Is all I could ever do ♥

Av/Sig: LupinzPack/Emberflare

Rye
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Rye » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:22 pm

MistyMoon3 wrote: - When there is a fight and someone says "I rip your throat out killing you". Seriously people, you cant kill anyone.

-When i'm hosting a pack chat and someone try's to replace me as the alpha.

-Rudeness

Must agree with you -- though this was a while ago, it still gets on my nerves sometimes; it contains quite a few pet peeves:

So me and my friend are on an open game, hanging out until someone finally joins. This person is all, "hi im brownie, and im brown"-no seriously, they said that-"blue eyes and no meat". Seriously. How many things do you hit in one sentence? And that's not all.

Another person joined (no bones to pick with them) and we were rping for a while, having some fun, when out of the blue so-called "brownie" starts jumping on me. I step away, and ask why. They do it again and then they're all "i attack you and rip your fur off". Annnnnoooooying. And then "im alpha now." Outrage reigns the server. So apparently the other stranger (lets call her Moon) is all on my side, and so while im trying to regain my authority she says that "thats not fair, no power playing" or something like that. And "brownie" says "your so mean im going to report you". Meh. Anyways, it kind of went on like that, until "brownie" left the server and left us in peace. Phew.

True story. Now I'll stop ranting, OK?

Larkey

Post by Larkey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 pm

I am also annoyed when I`m trying to hunt, then everyone screams "No! Don`t do it or I`ll report you because you`ll make me glitch!" I`ll apoligize if they say "I`m sorry, but could you please not hunt? It makes me glitch." But other then that...

wolf_storm
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolf_storm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Well, the thing I hate the most is by far godmodding. There was this one chat where my wolf and another player's wolf got in a fight over borders. It started out fine, but suddently the other person (Not gonna mention names, but let's just call them Bob) goes "Grabs neck and shakes until neck breaks then throws across the river into a tree." I went "That's powerplaying." and Bob went "No its not my wolf has super strength." and I was all "-.-" and eventually the chat leader told Bob to leave. He went nuts and left. Anyways, I just really hate when people do stuff like that.

And the mating RPs. *shudder*

And the killing hunters thing. I mean, I was in this one rp, I was eating a sandwich and not rping at the time, and this one person brought a whole bunch of hunters to attack the other wolves, then this other person goes "Leaps on a hunter and kills and kills all the other hunters with one blow" at that point I just left the chat and acted like I'd been disconnected. :/ There's so much stuff on multiplayer like that. I like roleplaying realisticly with other people, but not when they godmod and powerplay and stuff.
).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;.._\\

.................AVVIE BY Koa

LunaSilverfang
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LunaSilverfang » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:22 am

Yeah, godmodding and powerplaying is annoying. :evil: I'm glad that I've seen anyone online like that. :D

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 pm

wolf_storm wrote:And the mating RPs. *shudder*
wolf_storm, please avoid roleplaying in your posts. Thanks! ^^
bloop

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Talwiny
Pup
Pup

Post by Talwiny » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:57 am

Some experiences I had...

* Being bounced in for no apparently reason (never going to enter in a disabled chat again...)
* Entering in a LONER chat and seeing two users "bead in". I reported them.
* A "three month old pup" crying and whining all the time, saying that no one welcomed her (seriously, she ran away from us when we welcomed her...)
* Mute user (didn't even talk, only ran everywhere and made me crash by entering the Hunting Grounds)
* Killers
* MEAT. I saw more than five, only this week.
I love WolfQuest! :D
Sorry if my English is bad... ^^'

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Floofysaur » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 am

Most likely I encounter these the most;this was a few years ago.

-Users role playing their pups and signifying specific terms, teleporting them and taking them from others when they are so many yards away.
-Others looking for 'mates' throughout the game, specifically saying they'll torment/kill wolves who come close.
-Pups who have the advantages to hunt, fight others and say they win or hurt you intently. Pups given a way to not be killed easily, especially if a wolf steps or snaps at it.
-Another reason for physical appearances; one wolf always has to say they are either; stronger, faster, taller/larger, beautiful than any other wolf,unique howl.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”