WQ Game and Forum Activity - Why The Recent Drop? (GD)

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Do you notice a difference in WQ's activity level? - Do you think it will improve in the future?

No, its the same.
No votes
Yes, its lower.
38%
Yes, its higher!
3%
-
3%
Yes, things will get better.
12%
No, WQ will die eventually.
9%
It will fluctuate; sometimes go up and sometimes down.
36%

Total votes: 101

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Re: Decline in Activity- Your thoughts?

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:51 pm

CakeWolfy wrote:
Katserin Kynsi wrote:
WolfBlood02 wrote:Wolfquest is not as active as it used to be. I wish Cana never made that announcement, that's when I noticed the decline. Hopefully during the apps reign it will pick up if they notify everyone, thats a way to get it out.
Well, if Cana hadn't made the announcement telling everyone what was going on, we'd be swamped with questions about when the next episode of WQ will come out, suggestions for the next episode, etc., not to mention people probably just guessing that funding had run out and the team wouldn't be looking for more. I think the decline would've continued, honestly, because of the lack of any official word on the status of WQ. Obviously I can't predict what would have happened, but, that seems likely to me at least.
I deeply agree. There would probably be an activity decline anyway.

I wish there was more activity in multiplayer that had to do realistic wolf packs instead of the ones with talking wolves in alpha, beta, etc. ranks and all that miscellaneous stuff....
[/quote

Yeah, I guess she should have done it. But now that circus back again, maybe a team member could send out an email to all the members to get some back.

About the multiplayer games, all I see is Human, Vampire, werewolf, horse, dragon, high school, meat, and power rps. Also, nobody even says hello anymore when you join, it's always "led or alas". And I never see ElkHunts anymore, or WolfPack, quite sad really. Do you think led and alas should be removed from the lexicon? It is really annoying.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Aye, Cana had good intentions letting everyone know rather than just disappearing with no official "closure" at all. Fortunately phase 2 for the forums are now null and void, but the damage the announcement indirectly caused has been done. Perhaps it will recover in the future; we've seen a nice boost of activity in recent months compared to how it's been within the past two years. At this point, we can only hold out hope for the project as a whole. ^^
WolfBlood02 wrote:Yeah, I guess she should have done it. But now that circus back again, maybe a team member could send out an email to all the members to get some back.
As logical as that may seem, it might not work at all as intended. When the team did send out an e-mail of the WolfQuest Update in December 2012, it ended up crashing the e-mail server and not everyone received the e-mail. Considering the size of the user database, it's plausible that the same issue could happen again. Might not be such a bad idea to try again closer to the app's release; the forums have moved to a new server, so it may or may not be a problem. Similar reason they stopped sending out the newsletter.
WolfBlood02 wrote:About the multiplayer games, all I see is Human, Vampire, werewolf, horse, dragon, high school, meat, and power rps. Also, nobody even says hello anymore when you join, it's always "led or alas". And I never see ElkHunts anymore, or WolfPack, quite sad really. Do you think led and alas should be removed from the lexicon? It is really annoying.
The lexicon is barely able to support a conversation that makes sense these days; I don't think it's a good idea to butcher it any more than it already has been. Removing words only leads to new replacements -- Koa's thread in the WolfQuest Game Reporting forum is a good resource for reporting "bypass" words in use today. Ideally, just collect evidence and send in an abuse e-mail using the reporting protocol provided by the WolfQuest Team and move on. Rest assured that anyone involved with inappropriate multiplayer games *will* get their comeuppance. :)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Neamara wrote:It isn't impossible, I suppose. She did login to her old coordinator account on the rare occasion after her position ended and make a couple of posts here and there, but her last login was during December 2013. It would certainly be interesting to see her around again, even if it was just General Discussion banter. Maybe she has a regular account she never told us about? Who knows.
I always wondered that. There is always 1 hidden user on the forums and I wonder if it is Cana. She may be here and we don't know it.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:44 pm

WolfBlood02 wrote:
Neamara wrote:It isn't impossible, I suppose. She did login to her old coordinator account on the rare occasion after her position ended and make a couple of posts here and there, but her last login was during December 2013. It would certainly be interesting to see her around again, even if it was just General Discussion banter. Maybe she has a regular account she never told us about? Who knows.
I always wondered that. There is always 1 hidden user on the forums and I wonder if it is Cana. She may be here and we don't know it.
Many people can elect to remain hidden, so any hidden user you "see" can really be anyone.

I do think activity will pick up around the release of the tablet version. Whether or not it lasts depends on the success of the product, I suppose.

Keytone
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Keytone » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:28 pm

WolfBlood02 wrote:
For some reason, I really, sincerely doubt that's Cana.
-
Icon - Riceboy

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 pm

For some weird reason it makes me sad to watch the first WQ trailer. I don't know why...

I think it is because of the lack of activity now compared to then. I've been playing since the Amethyst Mountain Demo, I created an account later though. I remember seeing that trailer when I was 5 and I was hyper until it was released. I looked for updates on MN Zoo Site, IWC, and WQ. I think I spent too much time on the internet as a kindergartner lol.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

balenbalen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by balenbalen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 pm

I have the same idea as koa about that.....
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 am

I think that activity is still lower than usual. But also I think that the older members, majority being around the 17-21 age range are coming back because there is more for us to be involved with now with the forums increasing activity. Additionally, school plays an important role in activity. I start to forget about Wolfquest during the school year since I am so busy with school. But, I do think that the activity is increasing, but what will happen after the game dies down after its new release?
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Activity is definitely not what it used to be, but I don't think it's bad either. As other people have said, a big part of it is school. I think it would be safe to say that almost all the active members on the forum are middle or high school students, which means they have lots of homework and extracurricular activities to keep them off the site. Koa's right too; this new release will really bump up post counts. Hopefully it won't die off after the game is made public because the tablet version will be reaching a whole new audience that may be unaware of WQ right now. Also, I think all the efforts to create forum improvements (new user groups and such) are really helping. I know it's one of the reasons I am slowly returning.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sun May 03, 2015 5:42 am

Here is my activity schedule of the day:

WEEKDAY
Morning: Not a lot of activity, usually a few users, a few bots, and a moderator is online.
Late Morning: Activity picks up a bit, usually two moderators, a good amount of users, and possibly a report team member.
Afternoon: Once again, activity gets better, up to 4 moderators, lots of users, report team members, and sometimes a WQ team member.
Late Afternoon: Activity hits it's peak, kids get out of school and go online, lots of users, up to 5 moderators, report team members, WQ Team members, and VERY rarely an admin. (I've seen Kristie once or twice.)
Evening: Activity dies down a bit, 3 moderators are usually online, a report team member, and more than a handful of users.
Night: Almost nobody is online except for usually one moderator and a few users.

WEEKEND
Just use the late afternoon description and that fits weekends at almost any times except morning and night.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”