WQ Game and Forum Activity - Why The Recent Drop? (GD)

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Do you notice a difference in WQ's activity level? - Do you think it will improve in the future?

No, its the same.
No votes
Yes, its lower.
38%
Yes, its higher!
3%
-
3%
Yes, things will get better.
12%
No, WQ will die eventually.
9%
It will fluctuate; sometimes go up and sometimes down.
36%

Total votes: 101

Sintact

Re: WQ Game and Forum Activity - Why The Recent Drop? (GD)

Post by Sintact » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:56 pm

At this point every idea deserved to be read and discussed. I suggested something similar at “Forum Suggestions” about having a day where every forum will raise your post count (have an actual event about it). Of course everyone started to critic it since it’s “crazy” in a way… it would probably break rules at some point. It’s good to post your ideas anyways, and others should respect them without criticizing, but commenting, discussing and seeing a way of making the idea more viable.

That’s something I see that is lacking in the Community and needs to be applied for creating a better atmosphere around; respecting each other’s opinions. If something here goes against the rules, mods and other users will jump at you with some sort of rule you break… but instead, why not comment the idea, even if it’s crazy and almost impossible? Talking and debating is a great way of creating new ideas that can be applied at some point (if Cana actually gets to read this thread for example). Plus, it makes the user feel comfortable about expressing itself (instead of just saying “No, that’s not possible, it’s double posting, etc blab la); he or she will create a constructive debate → I’m talking about every board in general, not just WQ Discussions.

If everyone puts just a bit more effort in each comment they make (mods, wanna-be mods, regular users, etc) the Community would be much better.

The other day I made a chat at Multiplayer and actually had a great time (a friend of the community joined, we had a cool conversation and played around), I started playing at Singleplayer again and the same; had a great time in both places. So yeah, the game itself is not the actual problem…

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Yeah. There are people on the forums, but usually not many. If the time zones weren't so scattered, I think there'd be more activity though.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Thought I should bring up, that earlier we had been talking about lack of funding for new episodes, and people growing bored or losing entertainment through the game and forums. Recently, Cana (WQ Coordinator), announced several new additions to the community, ( http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=66164 ) which have either been made, or are in the making.

I'm hoping this will encourage users to get involved, and hopefully bring some life back into the game/forum boards. Several activities have prizes, others have ranks, and some are for the fun of it. Lets hope we see a change in the movement and activity of the users/members. :)
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:41 am

Things haven't change much really, I think making a newsletter for this contests and forum activity would be better. Even though the Team is trying to revive the forum with activities, members will not know that since they aren't active at the Community and don't really know that there is a new announcement. Perhaps the team could discuss the possibility of building up a new newsletter?

About my previous suggestion of hosting multiplayer games, I would like to count how many users are interested in order to PM them with some information about this activity.

I already have one chat up and running about this, I will try to explain MP players about the community and what you can do over here.

If someone wants to join me feel free to!

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:01 am

If I could host games, I would be sure to participate. :3
Perhaps I will join in the future.

Regarding a Newsletter, we have actually been discussing this a bit, along with the new activities. For now, we haven't put anything forward.

I saw an increase in activity during this week, and it fluctuates it seems every new day.
Hopefully we see some new faces posting around the forums with time.
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 am

Sadly, I see the forum getting much less active as far as I see. A couple of my wolfquest friends on here have left and I see many packs that were once active go down and soon may be locked. I hope I am not the only one noticing all of it. As well, the once active Get To Know Each Other board is getting so much less active than it once used to be.
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:36 am

I have noticed that, that’s why I said what I said in my last post. I have just noticed the same users getting online, and a lot of guests (as always, too many guests but not too many registered users).

I went to multiplayer yesterday and made a couple games, all the players that joined didn’t know what the community is (this reflects that they are not even reading the rules that appear before creating a chat and else), even if I tried to explain they were not interested and left the game as soon as they arranged a new chat with other users.

It seems I will really need help doing this. Having just one chat having a community related name will not create an impact…

It's good they are discussing that possibility of a new Newsletter, I will insist it will be one of the only ways of having some users back and gaining activity.

Leopardstar919
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Standing behind you with a sniper rifle >:D (Hint... RUN! :333)

Post by Leopardstar919 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Yes I realized that -- there are a lot of members, but most of them don't even know there is a WolfQuest forum. There has been a recent drop in forum activity, I noticed that also. I think the main reason they create an account is so that people can play multiplayer games (sorry if that was mentioned already). I can't play multiplayer, my computer won't let me, so I can't help you there, Sintact.
Avvie: snowywolf101
Siggie: Me

DeFender
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DeFender » Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 pm

For me, my posting has gap holes in time. In my location, it takes about 10 seconds to a minute an a half to load up my reply. If you read my other post, here's my common story on that: When I had WolfQuest, I had many problems with the internet once again. Now when I wish to try playing again, I am not allowed to.

When I first enter the forums, I was quick to find some topics that were deep in meaning and very interesting, like how we recycle, our birthday meaning a multiple of things. Now when I enter the forums, I find the repeated popular forums. I used to be amazed that more than 20 people can be online at one time. Since my mind has suddenly gotten fried up, I can't think of any good topics. When I created a post, only about 1-8 people would reply.
434349 members, and less than 1001 active at any time. Hmm.
Sleep is very important. Without it, we can't think straight. If you think you're normal without any sleep, be careful.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sun May 06, 2012 12:10 pm

I agree it is dropping school, funding, also i am guessing players stop logging in then they forget about it. A new newsletter sounds fun and i agree mp players don't know what wq community is . (Yes i notice even thought i play disabled games.There are usually about 10 payers online at a time per day.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Tue May 08, 2012 8:00 am

Well, I'm thinking that maybe we should have mods and Cana on MP for the anniversary, since many people are correct in saying that MP is far more active than the forums. I also agree with the idea of normal users starting games and telling others about it. I don't think there's much we can do about some people not being interested, except by naming all of the aspects of the community that might appeal to them, such as having an influence in what the next game is about, adding words to the lexicon, posting their screen shots and so on. I think more people would come to check out those things then to learn more about wolves or take part in discussions. However, the more people who come here the more people who are exposed to the educational parts of the forum.

A newsletter would be great, but I think that the Screen Shots sub-forum should be running before it's released. A lot of people want to post their screen shots, but if they can't, there's a good chance they'll leave and forget.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:21 pm

It seems that one of the main problems is solved (forum lag) and I already notice more activity around; at least more registered users online. Before the lag fix we always had more guests connected than registered users and now the situation inverted.

I'm glad they sent a kind of Newsletter and reminder to all users.

ironhide101

Post by ironhide101 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:59 pm

I noticed now that you mention it though i haven't been on wolf quest very long i do pay close attention to the people who are on. I don't really think there is to much a problem i think it is because people lose interest...unless you are a huge fan of wolf quest.

But then if you noticed the wolf quest packs a lot of people have websites that correspond with the pack and maybe people have taken a bit more interest in those website rather than wolf quest its self.

I myself have been trying to find some thing on wolf quest to help me stay with the community such as making a pack but at the moment since i made one very few members have signed up.

So i really do think that one of the reasons why people don't come on very much is because of their interests in other things.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:07 pm

I am an old WQ Community member and I constantly pay attention to those details that not many users are interested in. Most of all the "oldies" from here are concerned about the WQ Forum activity (at least to the ones I have talked to), and most of them left because of the forum speed and other details I will not mention.

Making a pack and other things like that makes a good reason for staying in the Community. It’s sad that there are not many things to do other than that; a reason that –as you said- is making users lose interest.

Miku Hatsune
Pup
Pup

Post by Miku Hatsune » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 pm

I agree with Failwolf about the issue on funding. But some other issues tend to drive members away too, as Sintact mentioned. I left the WolfQuest community about a year ago, actually, and only recently returned. Why, I don't know, but it was mostly to create a pack topic for a pack that I own offsite. Actually, due to some recent events I'm tempted to leave again (;
ι тσσк α киιfє αи∂ ¢υт συт нєя єує
ι тσσк ιт нσмє αи∂ ωαт¢нє∂ ιт
ωιтнєя αи∂ ∂ιє
ѕнє'ѕ ℓυ¢ку тнαт ι ∂ι∂и'т ѕℓιρ нєя α ѕмιℓє
иσw ѕнє ѕℓєєρѕ ωιтн єує σρєи
тнαтѕ тнє ρяι¢є ѕнє ραι∂...
icon by jewelz

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”