[P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Steeps
Guest
Guest

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by Steeps » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:05 pm

You know what, I agree with you Hidden Phoenix. I guess my post sounded pretty one-sided :P . I agree that two is sometimes better than one; it depends on the people involved and thier relations, I guess. Overall, the less people in charge the smoother things seem to run.

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Gender: Female
Location: scrawling love into trees

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by Thandi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Sintact wrote: In other words, we stop some part of the pack drama from the beginning; we avoid it by selecting members carefully.
Yeah, I believe that pack drama could easily be avoided that way.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

sammycat1122
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:13 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by sammycat1122 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:12 am

When I think about a pack leader, I think about three things; a wolf I can look up too, a wolf who knows a lot of things that could help them and teach other wolves how to do things.

When I would want to look up to a wolf, the leader would be very active in posting comments, because to me, that is like showing that the person is very active in wolf quest. The leader should also not be mean, because i would never look up to a mean person. If i looked up to a mean person i might become mean, and that would be very bad. If i was mean, i might get kicked off wolf quest, and that would be like living in a nightmare, because I love wolf quest so much! Also if i looked up to a person who was not really good at doing things on wolf quest, it would be hard to look up to them because instead of the leader teaching to you, you would have to teach the leader! That could be a little weird to teach your own pack leader. Pack leaders should also be active on the game part of wolf quest. If they are not, it would be a lot of time wasted just sitting around looking for your pack leader. I would look up to our wolf pack leader who is active in the game for these reasons.
I was standling their
wondering why the frisbee
was getting bigger
as it got closer...
And then it hit me.

Sintact
Guest
Guest

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by Sintact » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 pm

What you are saying there Sammycat is 100% true, at least I share your idea. A good pack leader is someone you can look up to and follow her or his example. This is something truly important since most of our players and community members are not adults and need of good role models to follow.

User avatar
1BitJay
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm
Name: Jay
Gender: Female
Location: #2498D8 my color<3
Contact:

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by 1BitJay » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Steeps:
If they do not posess the qualitites that I mentioned above, then I do not think they would be an effective pack leader, and I probably wouldn't join thier pack. It also helps to have a good reputation on the site. In other words, don't be that user who starts up a new pack every month because they give up on thier old one too soon.
What do you mean as a reputation in the above statement. I get what you mean. But is a reputation their fault? I mean, in a case like me, for example, I made one mistake and lost a reputation. So in a situation, a person would not be a good leader based on one little mistake that can ruin an entire rep?



Hmm. I got quite a thing to share. I, myself, have been a pack leader for almost a full year. I do not think there is a specific way to act. Everyone is different. One might be shy, though a great leader. One might have a bad rep on wolfquest(i.e. me), and might be a great leader. One might not have any leadership skills, though being a great leader. My point here is: There is no specific way to act as a pack leader.

Though, a lot a people, from my perspective, look for popularity and good rep. That is what a lot of people want a pack leader to be like. Though, are those what YOU really want in a pack leader?

What I look for? Determination. Confident. That is it. If you really try to succeed but fail, if you try to raise above but fall down, I think you are a great leader. I repeat, do not want some popular member to be my leader.
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay
#8137

Steeps
Guest
Guest

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by Steeps » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Jaymist wrote:What do you mean as a reputation in the above statement. I get what you mean. But is a reputation their fault? I mean, in a case like me, for example, I made one mistake and lost a reputation. So in a situation, a person would not be a good leader based on one little mistake that can ruin an entire rep?
Well, everyone plays some part in thier own repuation. But its up to the individual making an assesment about you on how they are going to decipher what they have heard about you.

Take me, for example. Say I started a brand new pack up with me as the leader. A user who knows who I am might look at me and my pack and think "Oh, theres that girl who closed two of her accounts on WQ. How can I trust she will remian here long enough as Steeps to run the pack? And she always leaves the packs she joins very soon... I think I'll look elsewhere."

On the flip side, the person might also be reminded of the positive things about me when they see my pack. "Oh yes, thats the user who writes decent stories in UW... and her artwork is pretty cool too... she might have an equally creative pack. I'll check it out!"

So its not a person's reputation that decides whether they will be a good leader or not. A reputation is simply a factor that may deter--or attract--a user to ones pack. I also believe that reputations are not set in stone; they can heal over time, and be mended with postivie actions.

User avatar
1BitJay
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm
Name: Jay
Gender: Female
Location: #2498D8 my color<3
Contact:

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by 1BitJay » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Steeps wrote:
Jaymist wrote:What do you mean as a reputation in the above statement. I get what you mean. But is a reputation their fault? I mean, in a case like me, for example, I made one mistake and lost a reputation. So in a situation, a person would not be a good leader based on one little mistake that can ruin an entire rep?
Well, everyone plays some part in thier own repuation. But its up to the individual making an assesment about you on how they are going to decipher what they have heard about you.

Take me, for example. Say I started a brand new pack up with me as the leader. A user who knows who I am might look at me and my pack and think "Oh, theres that girl who closed two of her accounts on WQ. How can I trust she will remian here long enough as Steeps to run the pack? And she always leaves the packs she joins very soon... I think I'll look elsewhere."

On the flip side, the person might also be reminded of the positive things about me when they see my pack. "Oh yes, thats the user who writes decent stories in UW... and her artwork is pretty cool too... she might have an equally creative pack. I'll check it out!"

So its not a person's reputation that decides whether they will be a good leader or not. A reputation is simply a factor that may deter--or attract--a user to ones pack. I also believe that reputations are not set in stone; they can heal over time, and be mended with postivie actions.
I see where you are coming from. But a reputation should not matter. I always think that. I dont like seeing a person nor a pack suffer just because the leader made a mistake and ruined their whole rep. In a pack, I see people get downfalled by other members by their rep on wolfquest. But, what I think, is that once a person leave wolfquest to go on another site, that rep should be left on wolfquest. I am sorry but I am making a statement that reputation should not matter

For example, lets use your example. You are a leader. You kept quitting on packs after packs. Which is understandable. Humans are like that. But all people need a little guidance, like one person told me. I would join your pack and help you out. Anyone can be a great leader.
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay
#8137

Steeps
Guest
Guest

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by Steeps » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:49 pm

And by simply saying that, your reputation improves for those who do take them into consideration. You're certainly allowed to have your opinion; I am sure you aren't the only one who feels that way about reputations :wink: .

And sure; through trial and tribulation, I agree that any user could eventually run a 'successful' pack, as each person's measure of success is different.

User avatar
1BitJay
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm
Name: Jay
Gender: Female
Location: #2498D8 my color<3
Contact:

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by 1BitJay » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Steeps wrote:And by simply saying that, your reputation improves for those who do take them into consideration. You're certainly allowed to have your opinion; I am sure you aren't the only one who feels that way about reputations :wink: .

And sure; through trial and tribulation, I agree that any user could eventually run a 'successful' pack, as each person's measure of success is different.
Thanks for that encouraging statement. I totally understand. But why do members seek popularity? If we didnt, would it reduce the drama? I mean, I have been stuck in this drama for so long. Since like August. All because of Reputation. Not being mean but this is stupid. Why is reputation a key factor in being a leader? All I see is leader after leader sream in glory of how many members they have. I see no point. So why do leaders look into a members repuation? I say a member with a bad rep is better. If they are active, they sure went through a lot.

So to recap, what are truely qualities?
•Determination
•Confident
•Willing to not judge

Please, if I said anything offending, dont take it seriously.
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay
#8137

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Gender: Female
Location: scrawling love into trees

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by Thandi » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Actually, I think reputation is a key part. If you have a bad reputation [say, you cause trouble or are annoying a lot] people probably would look down on you as someone not suited for leadership. Whereofas, if you have an excellent reputation, you would be smiled upon as a good choice to lead.

Also people with bad reputations often cause drama, they repeat. It can go the same way with good reputations though; some people can cause fights and it hurts their rep.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

User avatar
1BitJay
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm
Name: Jay
Gender: Female
Location: #2498D8 my color<3
Contact:

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by 1BitJay » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Thandi wrote:Actually, I think reputation is a key part. If you have a bad reputation [say, you cause trouble or are annoying a lot] people probably would look down on you as someone not suited for leadership. Whereofas, if you have an excellent reputation, you would be smiled upon as a good choice to lead.

Also people with bad reputations often cause drama, they repeat. It can go the same way with good reputations though; some people can cause fights and it hurts their rep.
My reputation should not affect me as a leader.

Lets say you are a pack leader. There is another pack. Their pack leader trolls your site. They steal ideas from you. They go ahead saying you stole their ideas. Everyone believes them. Your rep is gone.

Did you cause it? No.

Reputation is such a word I hate. My reputation should not affect me as a member. I am just like any other leader. We all want a pack flourish. I do. Any difference? I am trying to say is that reputation shpuld not matter. I admit. I made mistakes. Do I regret them? Yes. So Reputation is not key in my world. I would love to see a single high-member pack leader accept someone without judging a reputation. I believe there are great leaders of the world with a bad rep.

Sorry but I get really upset when people say a reputation is a key factor.
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay
#8137

Seranda7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:37 pm
Gender: Female
Location: That's a secret, eh?
Contact:

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by Seranda7 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:23 pm

I'll give my two cents =)

I look for a mature, active, dedicated, determinate, honest, and approachable leader, but what trumps all for me is someone who can at the end of the day take the suggestions from any advisers, helpers, or fellow lead ranks, and make a decision. This is probably so appealing to me because I'm awful at it. I worry and angst over every single little thing. A leader who makes advised decisions at least seems to know what they're doing, and how to get it done. I don't like upsetting people or quitting, so if you can appear confident and get me to join I'll be there for awhile.

What I look for in a pack, however, is much different, and it pretty much revolves around activity, size, and most importantly, the website. Since the other two are quite self explanatory, I will go into detail about the website ~

I like to know how things work. My ultimate pet peeve on a site is something cool I can't find the info about in the page source. I believe I spent a few days riffling through the code on some of Sethos's sites - moving on. Not too dark, not blinding either. Easy to read, with high contrast between the background and text. A font I like, nothing too Arial or Tahoma, but not Times New Roman - I'll stop now, since I'm starting to sound crazy to myself.

Once I've joined a pack, however, it's much different. It becomes all about the members, leader included. If they're fun and trustworthy, then it's a pack for me.

JayMist wrote:My reputation should not affect me as a leader.

Lets say you are a pack leader. There is another pack. Their pack leader trolls your site. They steal ideas from you. They go ahead saying you stole their ideas. Everyone believes them. Your rep is gone.

Did you cause it? No.

Reputation is such a word I hate. My reputation should not affect me as a member. I am just like any other leader. We all want a pack flourish. I do. Any difference? I am trying to say is that reputation shpuld not matter. I admit. I made mistakes. Do I regret them? Yes. So Reputation is not key in my world. I would love to see a single high-member pack leader accept someone without judging a reputation. I believe there are great leaders of the world with a bad rep.

Sorry but I get really upset when people say a reputation is a key factor.


Friendly debate time. I'm completely on the other end of the opinion-o-meter - reputation is what keeps people from buying candy from China laced with chemicals, or staying at a hotel that doesn't wash it's sheets, or buying a car with faulty brakes. If it weren't for reputation, the world would be a less convenient place, because 9/10 times, this pack leader did steal the ideas. If not, they would usually have the means to prove it.

I would love to see a single high-member pack leader accept someone without judging a reputation.

They have a reputation for being abusive to other members and giving their previous packs many warnings on their thread. This lead has every right to not accept the member if he/she doesn't think they'd be a good fit for the pack, or that they would hinder instead of help it. Sure, the reputation might not be accurate. In that case, the user will be able to prove so by continuing to ignore the rumors and keep on being a helpful, active and positive forum goer.
Hey there!

You! Yes, you! You attractive person you!

Wanna know a secret?

http://www.serenityriverpack.com
(At 140+ members, we're the largest pack on WQ.)

User avatar
LunaSilverfang
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:24 am

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by LunaSilverfang » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:44 pm

A pack leader should be mature, kind and honest. They should also know their way around Wolf Quest and be open to new ideas. :D

User avatar
valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 3491
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:58 am
Name: Rowan
Gender: Male
Location: southern icefields

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by valkea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:09 am

Just going to throw my opinion on reputation in here and hope it doesn't offend anyone - I apologise if it does.

Reputation does play some part in my decision to join a pack, however I do not make my decision based on reputation. If I'm not sure about it, I'll join as a pack friend and see how it goes - yet another reason to have a pack friend rank =D Anyway, I do understand if people make mistakes and there's nothing wrong with that - in fact, making mistakes is a good thing! You just have to learn from these mistakes instead of repeating them over and over again, which I have seen some people do. I still say reputation matters, however not as much as having a unique pack or active members. If someone had a very unique pack that seemed active enough, but the leader had a bad reputation, I'd still try it out instead of just closing the tab and forgetting about it.

With past packs I've restricted memberships to people who had good reputations, a move I regret. I certainly don't blame people who don't want members with bad reputations, however I do believe they should be given a second chance to overcome their reputation.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

_____________________

avatar - lupinzpack

User avatar
pengo123
Pup
Pup
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:01 am
Gender: Female
Location: Ɓɾɪƭʌɪɲ, Ʋɲɪƭєɗ Ƙɪɲʛɗơɱ

Re: [P.C.D.]How do you think a Pack Leader should be and act

Post by pengo123 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 am

My opinion is that a packleader should act sensibal and when it comes to food be polite to other wolves and protect there pack from ALL dangers.
Wolflove

Post Reply

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”