- Putting the "Quest" back in WolfQuest!
Welcome to the Elk Kill Challenge, where your inner hunter is your ticket to win! The objective of this competition is to hunt and kill as many elk as you can while playing WolfQuest singleplayer in a month's time, easy right?
The prize people will get when the win will be a new Top Elk Hunter forum rank! Your current forum rank is either based on your post count or group permissions, if you win this will be changed to Top Elk Hunter unitl the next rotation of the contest ends. There are plans to create a champion round, where all previous winners will compete, but its current fate is undecided.
You know what they say, practice makes perfect - feel free to practice hunting with a group of friends (or even strangers) on multiplayer!
Having trouble successfully hunting? Check out guides made by other WolfQuest members!
- How to successfully hunt:
- Hunting must be done in singleplayer only with or without a mate
- You are allowed to hunt in both Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek
- Old scores will not be accepted, you must make a new wolf to participate
- Your wolf's name must follow the guideline for that fraction of the competition, the guideline will be quoted below and will change
- The competition will restart every two months - you have one month to reserve a spot and one month to hunt
- Top Elk Hunter will be won everytime a round ends. (pending)
YOUR WOLF'S GUIDELINE & STATUS
This guideline is simply made to make sure all saved files participating in this competition are new and squeaky clean to make hunting fair for everyone. Almost always this will be related to your wolf's in-game name, which you cannot change once you have started playing. Do this when September 1st has arrived, as you are allowed to start hunting then.
Older files or people that did not follow this guideline will not be accepted, no questions asked. So please be sure to read this!
Current Guideline -
Have a wolf with a name that has a lowercase r at both the beginning and end of the name.
Yes, reserves were accepted until December 31st.
No, scores are not being accepted at this time. Hunting will begin on January 1st until February 1st.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- First, check to make sure we are accepting reserves (see above). If they are being accepted, post below and let us know you are interested in competing!
- When you are added to this first post, please wait until the hunting begins.
- Once hunting the portion of the competition begins, play WolfQuest singleplayer and start hunting!
- Eventually, when you feel you have killed a good number of elk, go to Pack Stats in the start menu and take a look at your number of elk killed statistic.
- Looking good? Then take a screenshot of your wolf's stats and post them to this topic. The screenshot must include your wolf's name and the number of elk killed. That's all, anything else you wish to keep secret like your wolf's personal speed, strength, and stamina you can color or cut out.
Here is a good example of what your screenshot should look like: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6991/examplestats.png
Username [Wolf Name] [Number of elk killed] [Times Died]
PAST TOP ELK HUNTERS
- Hoover [Geyser]   http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo62 ... ntest1.png
- Gargantor [iGargii]   http://i45.tinypic.com/2nh2342.png
Original contest made and developed by Steeps/Overcast!
Find the first thread here: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46133
Topic author chan ge. Ko a
Stay tuned for updates!