Remember When...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Cromagna
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Remember When...

Post by Cromagna » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 am

Vampress888 wrote:the bears attacking you was awesome :D made carcasses more interesting since there were bears half the time, also when you walk near a bear it runs for its life, it used to stand its ground and stare at you angrily... i doupt a real bear would run away scared if it saw a wolf...
i remember when the chat was easier to talk in instead of bleeping out every word in your sentence :/

hey do coyotes actually eat the carcasses? everytime i see one it walks casually past the food instead of eating it, ive never seen them eat a carcass since the new episode's updates

I remember when you could have a name as your name instead of our crummy usernames :( i miss my old name D:
Yeah, the coyotes eat carcasses. (: If you started eating at a carcass on AM, they would walk towards you, bolt away, walk towards you, bolt away, etc. until you left the carcass. Then you'd eat. xD

Yeah, I would give a lot to have Slough Creek by the old AM standards. :C Or just to have the old AM back! -Sigh-
skeggǫld, skálmǫld / vindǫld, vargǫld
"Maðr er manni vargr."

Dostluk
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Dostluk » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:42 am

Lol. I remember when the bears were not like: AAAAAAAHHHH A WOLF! IT'S GOING TO KILL ME! WAAA!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVEEES!!
Lol XDD I remember my very first time in WQ. I saw the carcass (That one which appears when you creat a new game). And a bear was eating there. I tried to kill him but unlike... I died some fifty times XDXDXD
DOSTLUK/DAPHNE
♒❂⊰The S℮asonal Track℮rs ℙack⊱❂♒
You art thiefs get away >> Yes, get away or my dog gonna eat chu

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:34 am

Dostluk wrote:Lol. I remember when the bears were not like: AAAAAAAHHHH A WOLF! IT'S GOING TO KILL ME! WAAA!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVEEES!!
Lol XDD I remember my very first time in WQ. I saw the carcass (That one which appears when you creat a new game). And a bear was eating there. I tried to kill him but unlike... I died some fifty times XDXDXD
I remember my first time on WolfQuest. I thought the carcass at the lone tree was a cow and my dad saw the first pop up thing that said to search for a mate and he was all like, "What kind of game are you playing?" :lol:

I also remember when the first version of SC came out and I was fending off a whole swarm of coyotes and only had two pups left. And then that hawk scared me out of my wits and I wouldn't let my pups wander two feet away from me.
Bajj
Expert Wolf

Fawnstep-Bison Peak3
Pup
Pup

Post by Fawnstep-Bison Peak3 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:03 am

Reading all of this just wows me how far WolfQuest has come! I'm kind of new to the system (I found out about WolfQuest two years ago) so I never experienced the work in progress. Just looking back at all this is really impressive. Gees we've come far :mrgreen:
Fawnstep (Me): Light brown female wolf. Darker speckles and streaks on her body. She has a brown tipped tail. She has dark brown eyes. Fast, brave, great hunter, agile. I'm in my avie

Mate: Luke
Pups: Kodaik, Shasta, Alue, Poppyfur
Den: Bison Peak

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Fawnstep-Bison Peak3 wrote:Reading all of this just wows me how far WolfQuest has come! I'm kind of new to the system (I found out about WolfQuest two years ago) so I never experienced the work in progress. Just looking back at all this is really impressive. Gees we've come far :mrgreen:
WolfQuest has come a long way. From the time where you got a mate and he wouldn't follow you, till now when they are developing Time and Weather into the game.
Bajj
Expert Wolf

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:58 pm

chickiefoo wrote:
Fawnstep-Bison Peak3 wrote:Reading all of this just wows me how far WolfQuest has come! I'm kind of new to the system (I found out about WolfQuest two years ago) so I never experienced the work in progress. Just looking back at all this is really impressive. Gees we've come far :mrgreen:
WolfQuest has come a long way. From the time where you got a mate and he wouldn't follow you, till now when they are developing Time and Weather into the game.
Very true, Iit's amazing hor much Wq has changed throughout the years. :3
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Haha, I remember when the bears use to be brave too, sometimes it was fun going against them.

I also remember when we use to be able to view private games, pretty much like how we currently view open games. I remember seeing a familiar face or two as hosters, bwahaha. Plus, I remember when we use to be able to name our wolves on multiplayer too, always found it funny how it use to get confusing if two people had the same name (e.g. Thunder) x)
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:Haha, I remember when the bears use to be brave too, sometimes it was fun going against them.

I also remember when we use to be able to view private games, pretty much like how we currently view open games. I remember seeing a familiar face or two as hosters, bwahaha. Plus, I remember when we use to be able to name our wolves on multiplayer too, always found it funny how it use to get confusing if two people had the same name (e.g. Thunder) x)
Yes, that made it hard as my wolf's name was Fell, and then suddenly it became super popular... Eh, I'm kinda glad its gone, now everybody's unique :)
But now I can't do really weird names that don't exist cause they won't go in the chat box :'(
Bajj
Expert Wolf

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:11 pm

I remember when people went into private games and put the title as "pass is __" so anyone could get in.
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

Iluvdogs0000
Pup
Pup

Post by Iluvdogs0000 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:28 pm

I remeber 90 degree turn, blue head, tough bears, and everythign else. red arrow, even.
Marukaite chikyuu
Marukaite chikyuu
Marukaite chikyuu
Boku Hetalia!

wolfluver86

Post by wolfluver86 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:19 pm

I had a glitch with healthy sinking pups. Also, one of my pups walked INTO the tree den. It was crazy. :?

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 pm

wq47 HawkTail wrote:I remember when people went into private games and put the title as "pass is __" so anyone could get in.
I never remember that xD Well, that just destroys the point of Private Games.
Bajj
Expert Wolf

aidenwolfe
Pup
Pup

Post by aidenwolfe » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 am

what I like to think back on is when we actually had "Names" for our MP but now with usernames its hard to tell other players your actual wolf name, mainly cause I'm not fond of my username. Also when we didn't really need the forum to play MP..anyhow I do remember the red arrow and how weird the turning was and all but I found it pretty amusing
What do you do when she looks to you with trust in her eyes, and all you feel is the Wolf burning inside?

The amazing avvy/icon is part of a badge made for me by my amazing friend on DA - NinjaHobbit09

Xx_KiraWolf_xX
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Xx_KiraWolf_xX » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 am

I remember when I first joined WQ (old account) and I was waiting for the game to load in the "new game" I was eating meanwhile and my Wolf was starving and i was like "need food... need food" and then i saw the carcass with dat bear o.o I was like "FOOD!!!" and ran to it and i thought that the bear is a friend and would back off but no I died like 100 times :lol: :lol: because I tried to chase it off :lol:

MaxRide
Pup
Pup

Post by MaxRide » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:10 pm

wq47 HawkTail wrote:I remember when people went into private games and put the title as "pass is __" so anyone could get in.

Yeah, I can remember when no one really wanted to get an account so everyone went to the private games and did that. I did that once myself, and I ended up laughing so hard I got this really bad stitch in my side. It was funny because half of the people that came in said 'I finally figured out the password!' :lol:

chickiefoo wrote: Yes, that made it hard as my wolf's name was Fell, and then suddenly it became super popular... Eh, I'm kinda glad its gone, now everybody's unique :)
But now I can't do really weird names that don't exist cause they won't go in the chat box :'(

I would love to be able to- at least once!- type in some exotic name and use it. But I only did one rp with the name because everyone kept forgetting how to spell it. :roll:
~maxness~
αvvιε art (c) xxmoonfeatherxx, thanks! C:
"When you love someone, always write their name in a circle because hearts can be broken, and circles go on forever." ~anonymous

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”