Remember When...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Remember When...

Post by chickiefoo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Ratlover4194 wrote:Hehe.... I was here from the very beginning, several months before the demo came out. I remember Howl-O-Ween (when the demo came out), the red arrow that people mistook as a fish, the black raccoon tail, the super speed (my friend always seemed to have this glitch where he could rocket to the opposite side of the map in a few seconds, and I think it happened once to me), the button you could push and automatically die ( :lol: ), the super stats wolf that you could create, the button you could push and see what the other animals were thinking (I saw the coyotes think "hello, world!" multiple times... >.>), the glitch where you could jump over the wall/border and run for infinity on nothingness, and a lot of other interesting things. :lol:
You could see what other animals were thinking? Cool!
Bajj
Expert Wolf

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:25 pm

'Hello, world'?

Haha, I can't believe that, how funny. (:
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

April

Post by April » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Remember when on Amethist Creek, those two (or is it one?) pool(s) didn't exist? Remember when you could jump right over the barrier instead of crash into it and keep running?
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:36 am

Brave bears? Woah I wish I could have been there...

Ratlover4194
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: *Everyone collectively groans at Spot's pile of 6.5 billion characters*

Post by Ratlover4194 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Yeah lol I'm serious---the animals would have thoughts! :lol: It wasn't like a regular button you could push, like "B" or "I" or anything... It was like some random, obscure key... like, one of the keys you find on the far right side of a regular desktop keyboard--the ones you never use. :lol: I think it was meant to be a coding button for the crew--same with the "die" button (it was also obscure). If the coyotes were wandering around and not scared, they'd 'say' "hello world!" If they were being chased it'd say something like "panic" above it's head, etc. The other animals would do it too (I think this was only in the demo) Lol I remember a long time ago that at first my good friend didn't believe me, then, one night, we went on Multiplayer together (obviously after the demo--I think it was one of the first full Amethyst games--not the Deluxe), and this coyote just randomly popped up with "hello world!" above its head!! My friend was like, "O-O Whoa." and I'm all, "SEE?! I told you!!" XD. I still have the demo on the other computer... XD I kept it purely for sentimental (and amusement) needs. It was just so special and entertaining with all the strange coding buttons and whatnot. :mrgreen: Hmmm.... I'll have to go and play that sometime... just for grins. XD
There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold. - Tenth Doctor
http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com/

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Ratlover4194 wrote:Yeah lol I'm serious---the animals would have thoughts! :lol: It wasn't like a regular button you could push, like "B" or "I" or anything... It was like some random, obscure key... like, one of the keys you find on the far right side of a regular desktop keyboard--the ones you never use. :lol: I think it was meant to be a coding button for the crew--same with the "die" button (it was also obscure). If the coyotes were wandering around and not scared, they'd 'say' "hello world!" If they were being chased it'd say something like "panic" above it's head, etc. The other animals would do it too (I think this was only in the demo) Lol I remember a long time ago that at first my good friend didn't believe me, then, one night, we went on Multiplayer together (obviously after the demo--I think it was one of the first full Amethyst games--not the Deluxe), and this coyote just randomly popped up with "hello world!" above its head!! My friend was like, "O-O Whoa." and I'm all, "SEE?! I told you!!" XD. I still have the demo on the other computer... XD I kept it purely for sentimental (and amusement) needs. It was just so special and entertaining with all the strange coding buttons and whatnot. :mrgreen: Hmmm.... I'll have to go and play that sometime... just for grins. XD
Man, I wish I had been here earlier to play the demo! I would probably have a blast playing with the death button XD
Bajj
Expert Wolf

silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At the Slendy donation center. WHY YOU PEOPLE STEAL HIS PAPERS. WHY.

Post by silvywolfy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:54 am

i remember when we could say he or she...
- MOVING ACCOUNTS IN A DAY OR TWO -

New account will be: Silvy_Courage

wolfyattitude
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolfyattitude » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:57 am

Good times, good times...
╔═══════╗
████████
ÐEatнηΘ†E║
████████
████████
████████
████████
╚═══════╝

Avvie(c)Lupinzpack

goldenwolf1
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by goldenwolf1 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:19 am

i wish i could of seen a coyote pop up and say hello and it would have been cool to press a button when i was bored and die :D
Last edited by goldenwolf1 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm not around much but you see me now and then ;)

NewMooon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NewMooon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:01 pm

I remember when your mate would help you hunt, you could actually say he or she, bears would attack you for no reason, when slough creek was just a dream... :? the good old days.
..........╔═╦╗────╔═╦═╗
..........║║║╠═╦╦╦╣║║║╠═╦═╦═╦═╦╗
..........║║║║╩╣║║║║║║║╬║╬║╬║║║║
..........╚╩═╩═╩══╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩═╩╩═╝

.........."life IS hard."
.........."~ŋɚɰ ɱøøŋ

Green Paws Team

TextArt© Nightly
Avvie© Crystal

Nahani
Pup
Pup

Post by Nahani » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 am

I do actually remember all the times I would go to a carcass and ea and the grizzly would come near you, stand about 5 inches away and stand on it's hind legs and try to get you away, but now the bear runs? how come? I always love trying to attack that silly bear :P I used to be like: come here bob i wanna give you a hug!" then after a few times going to it, it kills me lol, fun times ^^ Also, when everyone wold have a unique name they would choose during game play, not ur username would show but the name you wanted to hae. Mine was actually popular, until someone of course used it to their advantage, thinking they could always have the source to use it. the name was: "Magenta" First name I have used and would like to use it again some time :)
~*~*~*~*Alpha Female of The Wind Storm Pack*~*~*~*~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54700
Avvie (c) TheGreatAbyss

Sintact

Remembering WQ past times!

Post by Sintact » Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm

I made this thread for discussing the old WolfQuest (forums and multiplayer). What do you miss? What do you like more now? Any funny anecdote you would like to share about your old friends? Anything related to WolfQuest in the past is accepted in this thread and can be discussed.

I remember and miss the old nonsense conversation wars we had at the OTT along with the Mods of that time and registered users. Moderators edited people’s texts in an inoffensive way, but to a point that all the sentence changed its meaning and everyone would laugh. It was fun, actually and alot of internal jokes were originated there.

Of course I also miss the disturbing activity the forum used to have... in many topics you had to click “reply” at least 10 times before being able to post because there were too many users posting already. You had to read all the new conversation and keep adding more comments to your upcoming post; something that nowadays doesn’t happen.
Former WolfQuest Moderator
May '09 User of the Month

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Remembering WQ past times!

Post by paperpaws » Sun May 13, 2012 5:31 am

When I just joined, I was really active on Multiplayer and had quite a few 'standard' friends there, which was interesting. :]

I remember a lot of the old mods and indeed the nonsense convos on the OTT, which was hilarious. I believe Songdog hit the 10.000th post on the Off-topic topic and Fawn edited her post to piggy-back ride along on her victory. Actually, let's see if I can find that post.

I also remember when the front page got hacked at some point... The whole forums went crazy. I think you were a moderator back then, Sin. :D

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun May 13, 2012 6:56 am

Haha if you can find that post it would be cool.

Hahahah yeah, I do remember when the front page got hacked; actually I still have all the screenshots when I tried to inform Cana about the problem. I also remember when two spammers appeared at the OTT and started saying nonsense about people; I sent them official warnings that are still unread and they remain in my Outbox; “(username removed)” and “(username removed)”.

Pff I miss Songdog a lot, her sarcastic tone and metaphors were amazing even though she got hated by many users since almost none could understand her way to be haha.

Thanks for moving the topic Silver, I wasn’t sure where to post this hehe.
Last edited by Croix on Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing usernames for privacy purposes.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun May 13, 2012 7:35 am

WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE..

Hehehe, I loved WQ back in 2008/2009. The nonsense that went on in the OTT was great, loved being part of that. And Songdog, I miss her. I don't really remember much from the old WQ other than times on the OTT, since I pretty much lived there XD The people were great though, it's really too bad that most of them have left WQ.

I do have limited knowledge of the game back then though. Purple wolves, anyone?
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”