Remember When...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Sintact

Re: Remembering WQ past times!

Post by Sintact » Sun May 13, 2012 7:42 am

Hahaha, must of my remembering are blurred because of time, but I do remember a lot about the OTT since I still have some drawings of internal jokes that occurred there, for example the native chicken: http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17 ... enblah.png

That emerged because I said that my native language wasn’t English and someone read that “I’m not a native chicken”.

Then Fawn saying I’m a rhino, besides a cornhead: http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/Sintact/LOL.jpg

And I also miss the old packs we have back then, specially mine that was Wild Spirits Pack… I would like to revive it but I’m afraid there are not enough active users around as for having it back.

I miss Ayame and Ivory; two great friends I had but I lost track of them.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun May 13, 2012 7:50 am

Hah, I don't quite remember those but they're still awesome =D Everyone was so insane back then, it was wonderful. Loved all the inside jokes that were created. If only they sti-- LEAF!
I feel like I have to go hunting in the old OTT now.. heh.

You should revive it anyway, there's no harm in trying ^^ I could help if you like, I'm fairly useless at anything except front post design but I can try XD
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sun May 13, 2012 9:28 am

I miss the old OTT. Yes, I know we have the new one now, but it just doesn't have the same charm and is stricter than the old OTT ever was, even just before the old OTT was locked. I also met several great people on the OTT, most of which have now either left the forums or faded into the background. If the old OTT was still here, I have a feeling that some of those people would still be here, and I also feel that when the Old OTT was locked, WQ lost a part of its structure, a part that could never truly come back, especially since the new one wasn't created until almost 6 months later. But I don't blame anyone in particular for that happening. In my opinion, the blame for the locking of the old OTT is divided up among thousands of users, who at some point in time, start or helped fuel an argument, rped, etc. If we could have just found respect for others even when angry....the old OTT would still be here.

I also miss the days when users when would get together to break records on the count to 35 topic. Sometimes the mods would even help us. That was always fun and it gave you a great sense of accomplishment to get into the hundreds and such. The topic still exists, but its not frequented by enough users for another record to be possible.

I also miss the activeness of the forums when SC first came out. Everyone was excited that the team had finally released something new, and that 2.5 was already in the works. Discussion topics were popping up quickly and were active, packs enjoyed activity boosts, and this site really seemed prosperous. Sadly, that faded over time, and faded completely when it was announced in a newsletter released late last year that WQ would not make more episodes until a significant amount of funding was received.

I also miss all my old packs. Listed in chronological order:
- Rushing Storms Pack (December 2009-Feburary 2010, owned by me (jaguartail))
- The Fdshfbvsk Band (March-September 2010, January 2011-January 2012, owned by Larkarl(till april 2011), Shirra)
- The Four Clans (June 2010-March 2011, co-owned)
- Comic Stone Creek Pack (Summer(not sure of the month) - December 2010, owned by Yukki123)
- Soul Voice Pack (November 2010-January 2011, can't remember who owned this pack)
- Las Cuatro Alianzas (May-September 2011, owned by Adalae)
- Amazon Rainforest Pack (Feburary-April 2012, owned by Fare/Fabion/Faith/Fabius/Faion (something along those lines)
- Two packs I can't remember the name of, Spring-Summer 2010 & Spring 2011

I left each pack due to either the pack dying or myself not being able to be active in it. I still remain a member of UFP, but that pack is dying also. Some of my older packs seem to be going through revival though...so maybe that part of WQ is not lost.

WQ is in a slow moment that has pretty much lasted since the release of 2.5. However, with time, and maybe WQ having funding again, things will get better.

~Jaguartail
WQ Beta Tester

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:56 am

I miss the OTT as well. I met 90% of my friends in the OTT and almost cried when it was locked. Without the OTT, I feel WolfQuest just doesn't have the same friendly atmosphere. The new one is.... different. I miss a lot of the old packs too, like The Fdshfbvsk Band and The Indigo Fire Pack. I would give anything to go back in time to those events.

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sun May 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I never frequented the OTT much, but I do know it was a huge part of the community. It is a shame that the original was locked.

You really should dig up that post, Silverness! I think I found it once, but it'd be nice to see it again. I also really miss Fawn and Songdog, they were both great mods. Songdog used to drive me crazy with her sarcasm, but she always made a point of knowing what she was talking about whenever she was asked a question. I must say that she was my favorite mod at the time.

I miss the old packs and discussion topics, but especially the packs. Some of the biggest packs open around then were Undine Falls, Path Finders, Snow Powder Runs, Snow Fire, Golden-Eagle, and (last, but most certainly not least) Wild Spirits. I was the leader of Golden-Eagle, and a member of Wild Spirits, but unfortunately all the packs except Snow Powder and Undine Falls have died. I would have restarted Golden-Eagle, but like Sintact said, there simply aren't enough people around to join.

I also remember when the avatars could only be 80x80 and were on the the left side of your post. The forums rank were different as well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue May 15, 2012 3:16 am

Woo, so many long stories here... Too bad Undine Falls is pretty much dead as well. It still 'exists', but activity is hard to find.

Anyway, I finally found those posts! Forum speed wasn't exactly cooperating. ;P

http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... 90#p734102
Songdog wrote:Hai thar

EDIT: Shoes, we just reached the 100,000th post

Hi!!!!!! I wanted to be able to say I posted the 100,000th post too ;D
-Fawn
And more editing nonsense in that topic, haha. I miss Songdog. :<

Also, Sintact, that whole cornhead discussion... completely forgot about that! I remember at some point having corn for dinner just because that nonsense on the OTT made me feel like having some.
wyrd bið ful aræd
* inactive until further notice due to time and hardware limitations

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Hahaha that’s an epic post Fawn edited there ah, made me laugh actually. The worst of all is that I’m still addicted to corn and popcorn; just plain delicious.

I decided I will give my old pack a second opportunity; I’m already organizing the pack’s thread and starting to create the forums. Indeed it will have quite many new things to do around, but you will see that later.

I still freshly remember Golden-Eagle Pack and Snow Power Runs Pack (both really great packs). I believe I joined Golden-Eagle when I started being active at the community, but I lasted short there since then I created my own pack.

The loss of the OTT is something that I think it’s totally related to the activity decrease at the WQ Community in general. Still, I think there’s nothing to do about that. I have already suggested the idea of creating a new newsletter informing registered users about what’s going on around (even if it’s not much, the objective is just bringing them back or at least them to snick around the forum)… but maybe it’s just a crazy idea of mine.

EDIT: Croix I don't understand, why did you edited my post for "privacity purposes" if the users mentiones are just usernames?

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Tue May 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Sintact wrote:EDIT: Croix I don't understand, why did you edited my post for "privacity purposes" if the users mentiones are just usernames?
People are identified by their usernames, thus they don't need to be pointed out when it comes to (un)official warnings of any kind.
For instance, I'm almost positive you would not want other people posting publicly how or why you were unofficially warned - of course, I'm not implying that you ever were. It's something that should be kept private as warnings are not public to normal members.

If you have an issue with this, feel free to private message me.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm

That day every member was informed about what happened with both of the spammers since many of the involved users were offended or annoyed. But well, that's your thought in the subject ^ -^, I still think it's unnecessary the removal of the usernames; it's a reaaally old drama thing.

Other thing that I miss more than almost all the things mentioned before are old Moderators (including SD and Fawn) and people in general. Old Wolfquest was more relaxed and enjoyable, colored named users were respected for a reason everyone knew (since back then becoming a Mod involved competition with for at least between 20 active and helpful members) and they had the knowledge of using their power correctly (they still made their job excellently). I think this is a reason of the escape of many members.

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Wed May 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Good job, Silverness! Lol, Fawn sure put enough exclamation marks.

I think you were in Golden-Eagle for a while, Sintact. I forgot about that. Fawn and Koa were also members for a bit. Anyway, when you finish remaking your pack be sure to send me a PM: I'd love to rejoin. It's to bad it died in the first place.

I also really miss the discussions and debates in the General Wolf Discussion and Wolf Q&A forums. Hardly anyone posts there nowadays, and when they do it is usually just to post, comment on or quote articles. Nobody speaks up for their opinions, and hardly anyone uses their own words when explaining something. Of course, there's nothing wrong with quoting things written by experts, but it get pretty boring when the same paragraph is repeated over and over again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Fawn

Post by Fawn » Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 pm

There are a lot of things I miss about the old WQ.

Being a moderator, old friends, packs, etc.

But most of all, I miss how the old WolfQuest felt like a family. There was a sense of camaraderie that I feel no longer exists--- but, then again, I have not been back long. Hopefully it will return. ^___^

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri May 18, 2012 5:41 am

Fawn wrote:But most of all, I miss how the old WolfQuest felt like a family. There was a sense of camaraderie that I feel no longer exists--- but, then again, I have not been back long. Hopefully it will return. ^___^
I have to agree. It used to feel like a pretty close-knit group of friends with shared interests, while now the communication seems to have turned more... distant and formal? It might just be part of growing up, too, but I have to admit I miss that as well.

I kind of miss poking around with Jet. I still talk to her outside WolfQuest, but it was nice having her around.
wyrd bið ful aræd

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Fri May 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Yeah, WQ used to be a place I really enjoyed being on, and now it's just kind of...okay. The community seems to have lost some of its key components (entertainment, active members etc. etc.) - and what contributes more to that, more than anything else including the locking of the old OTT is the fact that wolfquest no longer has the budget to update the game. There seems to be less discussion of really....everything that I enjoyed discussing previously, and packs don't do as well as they used to. The number of people online has trouble getting into the 70's now.....there was a time when 110-120 users online or so was commonplace. Even when some members tried to get a bunch of people online at the same time and beat the record of 1,001 users - the result was a pathetic 107 users online.

The base of a community is still here, but it's lost the main structure - and I don't know what will get it back.

Lexwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Lexwolf » Sun May 20, 2012 4:14 pm

I've only been around since 2010, but I know what all of you are talking about. I remember the old OTT - like I commented on General Discussion, I miss staying up late just chatting on the OTT with some of the crazy people I called my friends. I miss those long, lazy summer days spent RPing on MP, back in the old days when WQ wasn't so darn laggy. I miss that feeling that I belonged. I had so many friends here, friends that have since vanished. Some old members are reappearing a little, but I miss when it was so much more active. It seems like the two forums I've ever belonged to have pretty much died - on the other one, an update and three new games in the works kind of brought it back. Maybe that could be what WQ needs.

Remember when PC poofed, and that spam topic Cana made? That was so much fun. I still have the spam image Kivia made. http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab29 ... erspam.gif I remember we were talking about the "apocalypse" that was supposed to happen in 2012, and I said something about the Yellowstone Caldera and how if it erupted, we'd be kind of doomed, but if it happened in 2012 it would be complete coincidence. Then Sintact quoted me, saying, "Yeah. Complete coincidence. *shifty eyes*" And then I responded, saying that he had failed to capture the colors of my words, and then he called me epic failness. :P I miss that.
I also remember posting a post without my signature on that topic, and I regretted it because it took an eternity to load. Unfortunately, everything always takes forever to load nowadays.
Wolves of the West Lands

Our clan is old as time.
Our history weaves through the decades.
Our leaders are young and strong.
And their story is just begun.

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67979

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 am

Haha, that SPAM gif is genius! Thanks for posting and reminding us of that!

It's kind of disappointing to see more people are having the feeling the Community is less close than it used to be. I hope that it will recover seeing summer break is coming up soon, and we'll have more time to stick around online. :>
wyrd bið ful aræd

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”