What chat type is the better of the three?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

What chat type is the better of the three?

Lexicon Chat
88%
Phrase Chat
2%
Disabled
10%

Total votes: 52

Keyyva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: What chat type is the better of the three?

Post by Keyyva » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Like said before; I prefer Lexicon and Disabled. The phrased chat seems so... limited I guess. Maybe if there was a few more things that you could say in it, I would like it better. And if you host a WQ anniversary game, I will join. :)
Character © Keyyva
Avatar © Vexi - http://vexiwolf.deviantart.com [Used with permission]

Faolan MacDuncan
Pup
Pup

Post by Faolan MacDuncan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Ok, I'll see if I can host, but if it's after 10:00 or 11:00 PM, I'll be asleep because I'm going on a vacation to Lake Anna early tomorrow morning so I can get the first pick of spots on the beach, right when it opens. I won't be very active tomorrow until night because I'll be gone most of the day. :wink:

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:09 pm

I don't use the phrase chat, and most of us don't. It exists for users whom want a safe alternative to the lexicon chat but still wish to communicate with other members. The lexicon, although annoying at times and limited in its vocabulary, works best for me.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Faolan MacDuncan wrote:Ok, I'll see if I can host, but if it's after 10:00 or 11:00 PM, I'll be asleep because I'm going on a vacation to Lake Anna early tomorrow morning so I can get the first pick of spots on the beach, right when it opens. I won't be very active tomorrow until night because I'll be gone most of the day. :wink:
Keyyva and Faolan MacDuncan, please try to avoid going off topic too much. You can discuss the WQ Anniversary games in the thread provided in the WQ News and Announcements board. Thanks! ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Fallenshadow1319
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Fallenshadow1319 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 pm

I prefer the Lexicon, but since I am crazy for screenshots (I'm all over the Your awesomest screenshots post now lol) I will use Disabled chat for larger crops, since I think the chat box ruins the picture. Lolz. However, I have had a lot of fun playing in Phrased Chats, and you can mix-match the phrases to make funny sentences. I once said Let's go catch a stranger wolf pup. Lol... But if I had to pick one, though the filter is incredibly annoying, I choose Lexicon. :mrgreen:
-Moved to Froward Schatzi-

Kate13
Pup
Pup

Post by Kate13 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:39 am

I love lexicon chat! But sometimes, just for fun, i go in random MP Phrase chats! :D

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:38 pm

• OK, thanks for your input Lexwolf & Croix! If I ever give the game another go, I'll be sure to try a disabled chat game! I like the idea that you might have to use some creativity with it to get your messages across.

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Lexicon Chat is more open and the most useful; Phrase Chat is the best option if you're looking for safety beyond anything else. Disabled is pretty useless in my opinion. When I look at MP, about 80% of games are lexicon chat, 20% are phrase chat, and I haven't seen 1 game with disabled chat thus far, and I think it honestly would be pretty hard to play with disabled chat. I'm not even sure if that was actually tested during beta testing - though we did test lexicon and phrase.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:16 pm

I like Lexicon chat because it's obviously the least restricted, but in truth, I find Disabled the REAL least-restricted chat because there is peace and quiet, and there's no irritating chat filter. The only means of communication is the actual "Wolf Language" or "Wolf Speak", because players can still communicate via howls, tail-wags, and play-bows. With the whole gender-specific thing being so common lately, I've gotten so sick of it that I usually just host Disabled chat or pack games. To me, Phrased is just too limited, basic, and slow to use; it's better for people who want a bit more safety.

P.S. I didn't think this topic would grow so quickly lol! Btw, I used to be Faolan MacDuncan, but switched over to this account now. :)

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 am

If I happen to go online, I mostly use the Lexicon Chat, because... well... I am simply more used to it. Old habits never die lol. The Phrased Chat is simply too new to me, and cant really use it to talk. Also takes me a bit too long until I find the right words... and once i put the sentence together, the discussion is somewhere else already lol. of course, this is one of the safest for little children, along with the disabled. I am sometimes joining such games where there is no Chat, that's when I simply want peace and quiet, and try to communicate with body language. Pretty interesting.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Could a mod please change the author of this topic from Faolan MacDuncan to my current account?

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Author changed from Faolan MacDuncan to _Denali_.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
Author changed from Faolan MacDuncan to _Denali_.
Ok, thank you! :D

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:00 pm

I do prefer Lexicon Chat, but sometimes disabled has a big advantage. I mean, when your in disabled you actually get to play like wolf. Wolves don't talk. Lexicon is obviously easy to bypass the filter, but when nobody is doing anything wrong, this chat type is fun for me, roleplay with a coupleof friends.
green - cavetown

cutegamer
Pup
Pup

Post by cutegamer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 pm

DEFIANTLY LEXICON!!
Lexicon you can communicate much better.
Well, that's my opinion. :mrgreen:
I'm The Doctor, I'm a Time Lord, I'm from the planet Gallifrey, in the constellation Kasterborous, I'm 9 hundred and 3 years old, and I'm the man whose going to save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”