If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

What would you do if MP games/chats were removed from WQ?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

I would quit forever. There would be no point in WQ anymore.
12%
I would still use the forums and/or SP. Hey, at least that's fun!
40%
Well, to be honest, SP is a bit boring after a while when there is nothing new to do.
13%
I would think wistfully back at the 'former glory' of WQ, and do nothing.
6%
I would just get really mad or upset!
1%
I would beg the WQ staff to bring MP back.
9%
I was one of the problem-causers. I would post a big apology to everyone!
No votes
Whatever. I wouldn't care...
15%
Undecided
3%

Total votes: 67

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 pm

There has definately been some heated discussion about the potential for MP games and/or chats being removed from WQ if the current MP problem(s) continue. So, what would YOU do if such a thing happened?

Edit:

To add on to this, the 'I was one of the problem causers. I would post a big apology.' option really just means that you were a problem-causer if you vote fo rthat option, and I understand if those who vote for that one don't post that they were.
Last edited by _Denali_ on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by 1BitJay » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:04 pm

To many roleplayers out there, this would be a great saddness and I would not be shocked if a exploded number of members strikes on the forums. Though, being that most do not abuse it. It would be a bad decision for the WQ Team, in my opinion. Seeing that the lexicon is getting smaller, it affects the members who are behaving more than the members abusing it. Either the members be punished, or we all be punished.

I do not have much say seeing I do not play anymore Because I cannot have as much fun because of the limited lexicon.
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Yeah; I agree with that! I'm getting so sick of the chat filter and the problems and all that, too...

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 pm

I personally never liked MP, so it's removal wouldn't upset me very much. I like RolePlaying with text and words. It's much more fun and triggers imagination more than a MP game could.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, I agree, but it's fun to use the real game to build a basic idea or, for example, what my pack camp looks like and where it is. But I do think the forums are pretty fun, too, but then there's all those rules, and the having to stay on-topic. Well, I guess nothing can ever be truly perfect... :roll:

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:48 pm

The WQ Mulitplayer acually wasnt supposed to be there. Cana and the people who make the games just added it for fun. But, honestly, I wouldn't care. Im never on MP anyway. I know it would definitely break some hearts for some members, so I dont see it going anywhere, anytime soon. (:
green - cavetown

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Lit wrote:The WQ Mulitplayer acually wasnt supposed to be there. Cana and the people who make the games just added it for fun. But, honestly, I wouldn't care. Im never on MP anyway. I know it would definitely break some hearts for some members, so I dont see it going anywhere, anytime soon. (:

Cana actually wasn't apart of the project when WolfQuest original started, and in her stead was Michelle (WQ Project Coordinator on this site). From what I can tell, multiplayer was considered around 2007/that era of WolfQuest's developement, but I've heard that multiplayer, in essence, doesn't have to be around. Consider the team's current situation, too. After Slough Creek was released, their funding was practically drained for a good while, and when multiplayer continued to be a problem, I recall the removal of multiplayer being brought up at times. Nothing was never set in stone nor "threatened" per say, but it was an option.

It would have no affect on me. Multiplayer has had its many problems since the day I joined, and sadly I don't think that strictly-hunting or "realistic social behavior controlled by humans" perspective it was thought to take on in its developement exists and instead is replaced by more... "diverse activities" that do not necessarily/accurately represent the actual focus of WolfQuest itself. Singleplayer, in my opinion, would be fine standing alone.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Bailee
Pup
Pup

Post by Bailee » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm

I defiantly hope that the admins won't resort to that, but it apparently was an option at one point in time.
I can't see them doing so though, but I do know that the amount of parental complaints is probably... how shall I say.. discouraging, with all the hard work the staff put in, just to see many members abusing it.
I hope the good, rule-abiding users continue to file reports to help administrators keep profanity away from the game.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ------------ ♠ ------------ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

I take commissions for avatars, wolf character references, and anything under the sun. PM me with any questions.
Baileeluz.deviantart.com
http://baileeluz.deviantart.com/journal ... -340912806

WolvesAndSpiders
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by WolvesAndSpiders » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 pm

I don't really go on MP anymore. The detected lexicon is getting a bit annoying, and all the words abuse is getting old. But the way Iseeme it, if the WQ staff did remove MP, activity would drop even more dramatically...
☽pills don't help, but it sure is funny☾
undercover-mcr-peach.tumblr.com
Icon © LupinzPack

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Definately; I agree! MP seems to still bustle with activity, even with those annoying rulebreakers and resulting chat-filters, and WQ would probably become a disaster if MP or whatever was removed.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm

It depends what kind of activity and where, i.e. forums, game downloads/lack of them, etc. But all very valid points, and considering WolfQuest does require you to register with a forum name to play multiplayer, I can see where users may not be as inclined to register on the forum if multiplayer didn't exist at all.

alethe

Post by alethe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 pm

That's true. The only reason why I registered in the forums was for MP, and at the time I never imagined myself using them.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:30 pm

river6 wrote:That's true. The only reason why I registered in the forums was for MP, and at the time I never imagined myself using them.

There was a time when multiplayer didn't require you to register. That's the only time I can think of where if multiplayer was removed then, it probably wouldn't have affected forum activity. The forums weren't also as 'big' as they are now (they may have had more 'activity and growth' in that era, though), too. I think that in this stage of the game, given how I do concur that multiplayer is crucial in the forum's activity, the traffic from new users who then perhaps investigate or make themselves at home is too valuable to give up, especially when there currently is no plan for future episodes as far as I know.

alethe

Post by alethe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 pm

True. I don't think that MP should be removed for those reasons. MP brings more traffic to WQ, and traffic is what the game needs to keep it running. Shutting it down would only bring more problems in the long run.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:42 pm

river6 wrote:True. I don't think that MP should be removed for those reasons. MP brings more traffic to WQ, and traffic is what the game needs to keep it running. Shutting it down would only bring more problems in the long run.
The only thing that would really 'drive' the team towards that is if multiplayer/the cost of the servers becomes too much and the issues with the chat lexicon outweigh everything.. but I think if cost becomes that much of an issue, they'd probably cut their losses and shut down the game/forums altogether. Granted, that's probably not going to happen anytime soon, but that could happen down the road.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”