If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

What would you do if MP games/chats were removed from WQ?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

I would quit forever. There would be no point in WQ anymore.
8
12%
I would still use the forums and/or SP. Hey, at least that's fun!
27
40%
Well, to be honest, SP is a bit boring after a while when there is nothing new to do.
9
13%
I would think wistfully back at the 'former glory' of WQ, and do nothing.
4
6%
I would just get really mad or upset!
1
1%
I would beg the WQ staff to bring MP back.
6
9%
I was one of the problem-causers. I would post a big apology to everyone!
0
No votes
Whatever. I wouldn't care...
10
15%
Undecided
2
3%
 
Total votes: 67

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Whoa...that would be terrible! WQ is my favorite site and game, and the only forum/MP game I use and can use right now; and it's fun! And I agree with both of you that removing MP would cut down at least over 50% of the WQ traffic or more. And when I first registered, it was mainly for MP, and I found myself being an active WQ community/forum member without even planning it lol! So, I can also support that opinion. If WQ or MP was to be shut down, then that would take out most of the fun I have with my computer. :(

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12940
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by Koa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:19 pm

_Denali_ wrote:Whoa...that would be terrible! WQ is my favorite site and game, and the only forum/MP game I use and can use right now; and it's fun! And I agree with both of you that removing MP would cut down at least over 50% of the WQ traffic or more. And when I first registered, it was mainly for MP, and I found myself being an active WQ community/forum member without even planning it lol! So, I can also support that opinion. If WQ or MP was to be shut down, then that would take out most of the fun I have with my computer. :(
If MP is shut down, it isn't the end of the world. Chances are you'd still have singleplayer to play (if you kept it on your computer!), but everything else could eventually become more dormant release/activity-wise after that. That's the only thing you'd really be dealing with. :wink: Again, I think singleplayer gets WolfQuest's point across fine by its own, but multiplayer is the part that brings in forum traffic.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:35 pm

I agree; but SP can admittedly get a bit 'boring' after completing the game and/or getting over 10,000 exp. points several times while waiting for a new version that continues the quest.

Edit: (I removed this part of my post because it caused a problem)
Last edited by _Denali_ on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm
Gender: Other

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by major-threat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm

I agree with the majority of people in this topic. I rarely go on the game, never mind multiplayer. I'm not much of a chat-roleplayer so I, personally, don't see the point in using WQ Multiplayer since I can talk to my friends on here instead. But, as Koa said, it is multiplayer which keeps the forums so active. So I would be against removing it, even though I don't use it. I know some people do use it, and they like using it.
.
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 pm

To be honest, I hardly ever go on MP either; mostly the forums now. There's just been too many problems, but I still randomly go on sometimes.

User avatar
Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 6112
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Name: Kali
Gender: Female
Location: Living the dream
Contact:

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by Alpha Female » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I'd be fine if multiplayer was removed from WQ, though I'd miss being on the WQRT. I don't roleplay on multiplayer to begin with (can't roleplay on a chatbox, it's just weird for me xD) so I don't really have much to lose if it were removed. I would be upset that it had lead to that point where MP would have to be removed, but I'd understand why and wouldn't question it.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

Avatar (c) April
~WolfQuest member since 1969~

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12940
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by Koa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm

_Denali_ wrote:I agree; but SP can admittedly get a bit 'boring' after completing the game and/or getting over 10,000 exp. points several times while waiting for a new version that continues the quest. Also, in order to help keep things like that from happening, I've decided to keep a steady stream of words traveling to the WQ Reporting forum topics to keep WQ safe, and by patrolling MP and taking screenshots. If I ever find enough time, I might consider becoming a Mod or WQRT member. Go WQ! :)
major-threat wrote:I agree with the majority of people in this topic. I rarely go on the game, never mind multiplayer. I'm not much of a chat-roleplayer so I, personally, don't see the point in using WQ Multiplayer since I can talk to my friends on here instead. But, as Koa said, it is multiplayer which keeps the forums so active. So I would be against removing it, even though I don't use it. I know some people do use it, and they like using it.
True, but I think all of us tend to get bored of games after awhile. WolfQuest, because its situation, probably will not reach the point where you will not get bored of it. It's not like those big company games that can keep on releasing new additions relentlessly, and even then people still tire of them! So, my point is that people will move on regardless, whether WolfQuest is in one piece or down to singleplayer, it happens. Multiplayer at least brings in some new folks as previously established, which is why it is not bad to have around and is, at the moment, necessary for WolfQuest's activity level.
Alpha Female wrote:I'd be fine if multiplayer was removed from WQ, though I'd miss being on the WQRT. I don't roleplay on multiplayer to begin with (can't roleplay on a chatbox, it's just weird for me xD) so I don't really have much to lose if it were removed. I would be upset that it had lead to that point where MP would have to be removed, but I'd understand why and wouldn't question it.
Agreed, though it probably wouldn't effect me even that much, LOL.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm
Gender: Other

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by major-threat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Koa wrote:True, but I think all of us tend to get bored of games after awhile. WolfQuest, because its situation, probably will not reach the point where you will not get bored of it. It's not like those big company games that can keep on releasing new additions relentlessly, and even then people still tire of them! So, my point is that people will move on regardless, whether WolfQuest is in one piece or down to singleplayer, it happens. Multiplayer at least brings in some new folks as previously established, which is why it is not bad to have around and is, at the moment, necessary for WolfQuest's activity level.
Well put, Koa! You're right; WQ doesn't have the funds that major game corporations do, but that was one of the reasons which attracted me in the first place. Maybe it won't affect me much if MP is closed down, but it could affect some others. I used MP a lot when I started, then, as you said, tired of it. But yes, the ones who use multiplayer now, may not be using it if it ever gets closed down.
.
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Overall, it seems like all of us agree that removing MP could bring a lot of problems to WQ, like a major traffic decrease.

Edit: I first found WQ when I Googled "free wolf computer games" or something like that. I downloaded it, and then I found out about MP and the forums. Not very long after that, I became a member of the WQ community! (It was off-topic)
Last edited by _Denali_ on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:58 am
Name: Rowan
Gender: Male
Location: southern icefields

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by valkea » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Remember to stay on topic, _Denali_ ^^ If you want to share how you found WolfQuest, you can do so here - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80

I wouldn't be that bothered in MP was removed, honestly. I don't go on it any more, and even when I did I didn't use it often. I would be bothered about the decrease in traffic that would result from it, though.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

_____________________

avatar - lupinzpack

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Same here! There's been so many problems with MP lately, that I don't want to get involved at all. Although, I might come onto MP for pack (private) games, randomly, or to check up on the problem(s). If MP was removed, traffic on WQ would probably decrease by mass numbers; a lot of people joined just for MP!

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by alethe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 pm

I personally think that if MP was removed, it would cause more issues with WQ's popularity.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
ovedur
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 am
Gender: Female

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by ovedur » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:26 pm

I am 50/50 on this topic.
I like the multiplayer games, since I like to chat with other people using them and sometimes roleplay. However, I've been starting to lose interest because of the lexicon, and I prefer much longer roleplay posts, with my two years of learning to roleplay literately on the FeralHeart forums, but I am getting off-topic.
What I am saying is that I would be okay and not okay at the same time if multiplayer got removed. Like River and some of the others mentioned, it would cause traffic issues with WolfQuest.

I believe that when the WolfQuest multiplayer came out, one of my aunts, who was probably in her late or early twenties at the time it came out, a really like time after that, I asked her if she played WolfQuest and she said that the servers were so crowded she couldn't even connect to one. But out of all honesty, I would really like the multiplayer to stay up.
avatar by lupinzpack!

User avatar
_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Moved to the account named Skydust

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 pm

I would also prefer that MP is not removed, for all the mentioned reasons. I have to agree, though, that having to attempt a casual, polite conversation with other users in MP is very difficult, and frustrating, because of the chat filter. If the rules and guidelines set in place were followed by everyone, then there would be no need for a chat filter, except to block bad/innapropriate words. But, I guess, nothing can ever be perfect. So nowadays, I usually just host/join phrased or disabled (open) chats, and stick to (private) pack games because of all the problems on MP lately. :(

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by alethe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Yes. I really think that if the chat filter was removed, then I would post more, but the people who use mate-related and foul language have made it impossible for it to be removed. I think that if the problems do continue that MP will be removed from WQ.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

Post Reply

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”