If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

What would you do if MP games/chats were removed from WQ?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

I would quit forever. There would be no point in WQ anymore.
12%
I would still use the forums and/or SP. Hey, at least that's fun!
40%
Well, to be honest, SP is a bit boring after a while when there is nothing new to do.
13%
I would think wistfully back at the 'former glory' of WQ, and do nothing.
6%
I would just get really mad or upset!
1%
I would beg the WQ staff to bring MP back.
9%
I was one of the problem-causers. I would post a big apology to everyone!
No votes
Whatever. I wouldn't care...
15%
Undecided
3%

Total votes: 67

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 pm

I agree. But I hope it isn't removed, but maybe it is for the better of WQ, because the problems would probably stop, being as they are occuring in MP. Not that I'm agreeing that it is removed, or disagreeing. I'm a bit undecided, now that I think about it. But, then again, there is the problem of traffic-flow into WQ. Maybe if the only options in MP were 'Phrased Chat' and 'Disabled Chat', the problem-causers would be discouraged, and they would stop.

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 pm

To me, it wouldn't be a very big loss. It's a fact that it has caused many problems, and it will continue to until an open chat is no longer an option. Hard fact to face, yes, but it's true in all matters of the fact. People will always break the rules. I don't think it would be totally removed though, for it is the source of most, if not all, of WolfQuest's member base, which in my opinion is the only thing keeping the community alive today. Members on the forums and on multiplayer.

I have tried using Multiplayer and trying to hold decent conversations, but in the end it didn't work on any sense of the term.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Personally, I wouldn't miss multiplayer if it were to be removed; there are very few members you'll meet in multiplayer who actually do abide by the rules. It is equally hard to find games that don't turn into "let's RP!" and become inappropriate/rule-breaking. These days, it's truly a shame to see multiplayer reduced to a lexicon/phrased chat system; conversations are hard to strike up because of it - before the lexicon took effect, I played multiplayer a little more frequently than I do now, conversing with members in-game while hunting about WQ in general (way before episode 2 was released) and discussing topics brought up during the session if they were a common interest.

I can understand why the lexicon is in place, but it's still a shame to see the game reduced to this due to parental concerns and limited options being available to the team. If it was removed, there is no doubt that there would be the problem of keeping the project alive since a very high population of the WolfQuest playerbase focuses on the game's multiplayer rather than the forum; its removal would very likely trigger a quick decline in interest. As I see it, you're practically walking into a brick wall with whichever option you choose with the community's best interest at heart.
bloop

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Unlucky 13
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Unlucky 13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 am

Like most people, I wouldn't miss MP if it was removed. I never actually go on MP anymore, and it seems that quite a lot of problems arise from MP when it crashes and things. Like naw said, it is very rare to meet someone who actually follows the WQ rules, or does a fair role play.
Moved to A Jokers Curse

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I wouldn't miss MP as much as I would if I was younger by chance. I mean I had some fun times when I first found out but after a while I got lazy coming on and well, I seem to be more attached to the forums more than I thought I would. So it wouldn't be a big deal to me if the game was removed, especially for reasons. Games tend to fall into place, normally go things happen and sometimes don't. personally I liked the game because you can interact with other people you don't know on the forums.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Personally, I wouldn't miss it either, but I've only been a WQ Community member since 2.5 came out. I also find it shameful, sad, and frustrating for MP to be reduced to a filtered-chat system; it's very hard to engage in a casual/normal conversation with other users. Even though I joined right when 2.5 was released, I can definatey understand what it feels like to be able to just have a normal conversation. I still find MP a fun way to interact with other 'wolves' (users), but MP has basically been reduced to 'ruins' due to all the problems lately.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Were the forums as 'strict' and clogged with locked posts as they are today? Probably not, but I'm just curious.
^ Should I post this somewhere else? :?:

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm

I know for sure I been here since '09 but I truly came apart of the community forums since mid 2010. So wouldn't know much about the posts and such. But for a conversation, it was much easier back then then it is now. For that there are reasons, you can look into.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Honey wolf

Post by Honey wolf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't think removing MP from WolfQuest would be a good idea... MP is one of the key points for activity on Wolfquest and without it, SP and a forum wouldn't be enough. I personally don't play WolfQuest as much as I used too, however when I did play I noticed how much activity there was on MP. I only started to browse the forums in late 2011 so I wouldn't know how active everything was in the past.
Last edited by Honey wolf on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 am

Same here; I've noticed how MP seemed to be a major source of traffic for WQ. I've heard a lot of other users say that they joined mainly for MP at first, then became active members of the Community, and I can say the same for myself. If MP were reduced to a Phrased chat, activity would dcrease a lot, but if it were removed entirely, I think a lot of activity would cease, as well as more people joining. Even though those of us that are active community members and mostly use the forums would stay active on here.

The Olive lord
Pup
Pup

Post by The Olive lord » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:14 pm

It wouldn't really effect me in anyway if MP was removed, I used to get on it sometimes but the limit on chat causes it to be difficult to roleplay in a way I find comfortable.
A lot of times in roleplays on MP theres a lot of exaggeration and drama in roleplays. I myself like more realistic drama-free roleplays so I just don't get on MP at all anymore.
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
-Albert Einstein

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Me neither. I only use the forums now, for the most part. It wouldn't personally affect me much either, but it would basically stop the first reason that people join WQ. Again, I've heard lots of other say that they originally joined the Community just for MP access, then gaquit using it and used the Community instead. I bet that wouldn't be as much the case if people would just follow the rules.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:41 pm

I was always a forum camper when I first joined WQ. I never really went on the game, even back when there were possibilities of names on your character and all that.

I wouldn't be bothered if MP were removed, but that's because I never really cared for it since I grew up playing single player games and prefer playing by myself. That and things got really awkward when I used to play on MP, back when the restrictions weren't as strict as they are now.

There was one imaginative roleplay that wasn't full of god moders in it, even though it still somehow centered around the moon tree. There wasn't magic or anything at all as it was just a main meeting point and had some sort of guardian spirit in it if I remember right, but it wasn't bad and the people were actually really nice there.

In the big picture getting rid of MP wouldn't be a good idea. Sure, it would save money in a sense as the servers would no longer be used , but then there goes the people that play the game, and less reason for some people to stick around.

If they set the game up with a bunch of actions to interact in multiplayer instead of a chat back in the beginning then there might have been a smaller issue with this as people would have accepted it easier that way.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:15 pm

:idea: Yeah; there should be an actual Wolf Actions tab to use wolf body/vocal language, so it would make up for the lame chats. :)

elk hunting grounds
Pup
Pup

Post by elk hunting grounds » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Nooo! Please don't do that! I love MP and would be very, very sad if they removed it. And actually, WQ MP had the cleanest chat ever. (Just try Fly Like A Bird MP. It is HORRIBLE!

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Yeah, I've got to agree, although I've been stuck in at least one MP game in which I almost encountered problems.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”