If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

What would you do if MP games/chats were removed from WQ?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

I would quit forever. There would be no point in WQ anymore.
12%
I would still use the forums and/or SP. Hey, at least that's fun!
40%
Well, to be honest, SP is a bit boring after a while when there is nothing new to do.
13%
I would think wistfully back at the 'former glory' of WQ, and do nothing.
6%
I would just get really mad or upset!
1%
I would beg the WQ staff to bring MP back.
9%
I was one of the problem-causers. I would post a big apology to everyone!
No votes
Whatever. I wouldn't care...
15%
Undecided
3%

Total votes: 67

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by alethe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:20 pm

True. I think that WQ and the users are fairly clean compared to other sites and games, where there is no filter in place. I don't think that mp will be removed anytime soon, but I think that it is a possibility in the far future.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Well, if the current problems keep up, the least I can expect is MP being reduced to a phrased-chat only game. Which would be safer, but harder to communicate, because it can be random trying to piece together available phrases to make conversation. Recently, I tried hosting a phrased game, and when some people finally joined, I happened to be glitching really bad, and I couldn't find anything on the phrase-list to get the message across, and all of us ended up quitting. :(

sepias
Name: bee

Post by sepias » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:17 pm

• The last time I played WQ Multiplayer was September 2011, and it wasn't the best. There was a lot of powerplay and bad grammar (;o;) and I just couldn't take it. Thus, it wouldn't matter to me as much as it would to some. WolfQuest is supposed to teach people about wolves, and multiplayer is just 'social-hour'. Then again, multiplayer is a way for some underage members to communicate, providing them entertainment and buddies. Though WQ Multiplayer does't matter to me, it probably does to others.

✧ ✧ . . . . . J U L E S . . . . . ✧ ✧

follow me on twitter @sleepydawgs
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

sig : alethe / av: seihes [deviantART]

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Same with me. I don't use it that much, and my first MP experience ever was a random open game in which the host immediately started telling me to leave.

FireWolf5

Post by FireWolf5 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:17 pm

I probably would be disappointed if they quit the MP... for about a day :roll:
I like the multiplayer game, but I have gotten bored of it and haven't played in a month or so. As long as the forums are still around, I would be perfectly fine without the multiplayer game.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Same here, but I guess that if MP was removed, traffic flow and new members might stop or slow down a lot, because a lot of people's first reason to join WQ was for MP. But, the forums seem better and more problem free, because there are moderators always there to help people and stop problems.
Although, I ocasionally go on MP, sometimes for a pack game/gathering. But I totally agree with you; it seems like MP is a complete mess these days.

Castiel_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Castiel_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:04 pm

The problem with multiplayer in terms of it's disorder, I believe, is the fact that there is no purpose to it. You chat and you role play, hunt with others maybe, but what else do you honestly do? Nothing. You can pretend there are hunters, pretend you are making a pack, but it's all pretend and can only go so far. Maybe, if the multiplayer option was mass multiplayer, instead of individual games, and maybe had more things to do, say, hunt to raise stats for your wolf, make multiple characters you can save and play whenever you want, then it'd be a lot more fun, and any in game moderators would be far more useful and effective.
Unfortunately, that has already been proposed, and isn't likely to happen, which I find really tragic, because we are stuck with pretending, and pretend play gets old after so much of it.
#AllIDoIsBean

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:58 pm

I totally agree with you! Mass-multiplayer would be great, because there would always be so much to do, and actual purpose. If there was just one server for mass open MP, there would be more in-game moderators to help out, and all would go smoothly. Because all these individual games are hard to keep track of and so small, those in-game mods probably have a harder time helping other users and stopping problems. And in a mass MP server, all chat would be visible, and wolves/players could probably travel between Amethyst and Slough because of the size needed for such a large amount of players. I'll try suggesting this idea again on the suggestions topic, because overall, it would just plain be better for WolfQuest. xD

MoonbeamOutflanker
Pup
Pup
Location: being a blue grey wolf with deep green eyes and is fast, strong, loyal, and good hunter

Post by MoonbeamOutflanker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:41 pm

:cry: I would be saddened by this if it happened! My computer has and is broken since late feburary! And I have screen shots and still remember my wolf friends that I played with and I would of never met wolfgirlmoonshine if it wasn't for WQ. And hopefully when my computer gets fixed(whenever that will be) I will defiantly go on MP and proudly say "I'm back!" and have the time of my life as a wolf even if it is only a game! Moonbeam, female, blue-grey fur, deep green eyes, strong, fast, loyal, and good hunter! Nothing like a wolf pack as your second family! Grrrr to those who use it wrong and should be kicked out of the pack! This is a game not a website to find a mate! :x
In the darkest night the moon shines bright and lights the night and it's that we wolves howl to it

"I found you in my darkest hour"-The Wanted

~*~TWfanmily~*~

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:48 pm

I agree; this is supposed to ba a family-friendly and generally well-behaved game. Hopefully, more people will follow the rules!

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 pm

_Denali_ wrote:[...] Mass-multiplayer would be great, because there would always be so much to do, and actual purpose. If there was just one server for mass open MP, [...]
WQ would probably not be great as an MMORPG. Those kind of games have very specific and complicated narratives with many branches. There's not really a way that WolfQuest can be made like that, in terms of MP. There's no tasks and I doubt there ever will be. There's not much you can do in a game, apart from hunt and chat. What else could possibly be added to make it an MMORPG?

I honestly don't feel that it would hurt the community too much if MP was taken away, but it would be a shame...
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:18 pm

It would be a shame! All that hard work the WQ Team put into MP would go to waste...

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:38 pm

Yes, but what's the point in keeping it around if it is just abused?
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:40 pm

_Denali_ wrote:All that hard work the WQ Team put into MP would go to waste...
I wouldn't say it would have been a waste of the team's time if MP was removed. If they did remove MP, it would have run for years and provided thousands of people with entertainment. I certainly don't think that that's a waste. They would have created a community on the game, and aided the community on the forum, since a forum account is required for multiplayer and quite a few people who only registered for MP eventually end up coming onto the forums.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Castiel_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Castiel_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:44 pm

major-threat wrote:Yes, but what's the point in keeping it around if it is just abused?
This. My thoughts exactly. If it keeps getting abused the way it is now, there is no point, because it is just hard work for those wanting to keep it safe. Sure, some change has been seen since the rules have been added, but the problems still persist and the trouble makers still roam. What is the point if no one ever learns?
#AllIDoIsBean

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”