If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

What would you do if MP games/chats were removed from WQ?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

I would quit forever. There would be no point in WQ anymore.
12%
I would still use the forums and/or SP. Hey, at least that's fun!
40%
Well, to be honest, SP is a bit boring after a while when there is nothing new to do.
13%
I would think wistfully back at the 'former glory' of WQ, and do nothing.
6%
I would just get really mad or upset!
1%
I would beg the WQ staff to bring MP back.
9%
I was one of the problem-causers. I would post a big apology to everyone!
No votes
Whatever. I wouldn't care...
15%
Undecided
3%

Total votes: 67

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Re: If multiplayer was removed from WQ...

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah, that's true, but if MP had to be removed, then the team who worked hard on it might be a bit bummed out, and other users who really like MP.

P.S. Lol! you ninja'd me! =P

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm

The team might be upset, yes, but I imagine that the problems with rule-breaking upsets them as well. Things like that are just a part of life, though. You can't really expect everything in the world to go exactly as planned. As for the users who enjoy MP, well, they, like the team, would just have to get over it and accept it as part of life.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:53 pm

Castiel_ wrote:This. My thoughts exactly. If it keeps getting abused the way it is now, there is no point, because it is just hard work for those wanting to keep it safe. Sure, some change has been seen since the rules have been added, but the problems still persist and the trouble makers still roam. What is the point if no one ever learns?
I bolded the last line because I feel it bears importance. It's precisely the problem. We've no longer been able to enjoy MP because of these people, and because so, we're not so interested in it as we used to be. It's a never ending cycle.

But, exactly what Phoenix said. The fact that people abuse the system probably upsets them more than if they had to get rid of the whole section altogether. I know it upsets me - I longer enjoy MP because of encounters with these rule-breakers. They'd just have to get over it.
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Same here. I haven't been on MP in a long while now. With all these rule-breakers and problems, I've decided just to avoid MP and try not to get involved in any way, shape, or form. The whole thing's just a total and complete mess, and it's not very positive, but it's true. =(

Castiel_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Castiel_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:08 pm

major-threat wrote:They'd just have to get over it.
Exactly. In the end, they would only have brought it upon themselves, and I suppose they will know how we feel about not being able to use multiplayer without running into their antics and what not.
#AllIDoIsBean

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Precisely Castiel. Taste of their own medicine? We do all we can to help make MP nice and safe for all of the players that don't break the rules and then they make our efforts completely fruitless. Still, we can't say it's much of a difference if it was taken down. For us, anyway. I never use it much anymore, sadly.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:30 pm

I agree that those rule-breaking users probably should get what's coming to them, but it would be a shame fo rthose of us who actually use MP for its purpose and obey the rules.

Castiel_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Castiel_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:38 pm

major-threat wrote:Precisely Castiel. Taste of their own medicine? We do all we can to help make MP nice and safe for all of the players that don't break the rules and then they make our efforts completely fruitless. Still, we can't say it's much of a difference if it was taken down. For us, anyway. I never use it much anymore, sadly.
Indeed they do. I mean, I'll admit there are some very nice, rule abiding people on MP, and I would hate for them to suffer because of a few rule breakers, but it's so far the only permanent solution out there. Now, if the team is okay with a few people breaking rules, then fine by me, but I would like to see one of two things happen: Multiplayer removed completely, or have it updated in the way of an MMORPG, so that everyone is in at least some bit happy with something.
#AllIDoIsBean

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm one of those rule-abiding people, and it's just plain sad to see that the current MP problems have grown so...widespread. And I see both of your points about whether or not to turn WQ MP into a mass-multiplayer server game. Even with disabled or phrase chats, it seems like people try to find a way to cause trouble. Oh well. I guess that wherever there are living things, like humans, and a set of rules, those rules will be disobeyed at some point. :(

But on the positive side, there are those of us who do follow the rules and try to help. :)

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:53 am

I don't think WQ would work as a MMORPG. For one, the servers now seem unstable (though that might be some people's connections, I don't claim to know a lot about that kind of stuff), imagine them with even more people. Additionally, it just doesn't seem like a game that would translate well into an MMORPG. You'd have to add a lot to it - missions, new mobs (I still want cougars), a larger map (combining Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek would be a start, but I think that'd still be a bit small for an MMORPG), and of course, many, many bug fixes. Considering the lack of funding available at the moment, I do not see WQ being turned into an MMORPG, nor do I see any of the "steps" I mentioned happening any time soon except maybe bug fixes. I just don't think there's enough content to make it into an MMORPG, and of course there are bugs everywhere.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:31 am

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
I don't think WQ would work as a MMORPG. For one, the servers now seem unstable (though that might be some people's connections, I don't claim to know a lot about that kind of stuff), imagine them with even more people. Additionally, it just doesn't seem like a game that would translate well into an MMORPG. You'd have to add a lot to it - missions, new mobs (I still want cougars), a larger map (combining Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek would be a start, but I think that'd still be a bit small for an MMORPG), and of course, many, many bug fixes. Considering the lack of funding available at the moment, I do not see WQ being turned into an MMORPG, nor do I see any of the "steps" I mentioned happening any time soon except maybe bug fixes. I just don't think there's enough content to make it into an MMORPG, and of course there are bugs everywhere.
Exactly. There's just no way. I honestly can't see a way for WQ to be made into an MMORPG. Those things are played on a massive scale - you can't even begin to imagine. I can maybe see how it could work if it was on a Sherwood-style. (Certain number of rules per server, certain number of players per room). But even then there's no way it would go through. There's simply just no funding left - and even if there was, there's hardly anyone to make it.
Castiel_ wrote:Indeed they do. I mean, I'll admit there are some very nice, rule abiding people on MP, and I would hate for them to suffer because of a few rule breakers, but it's so far the only permanent solution out there. Now, if the team is okay with a few people breaking rules, then fine by me, but I would like to see one of two things happen: Multiplayer removed completely, or have it updated in the way of an MMORPG, so that everyone is in at least some bit happy with something.
Yes, I agree completely. There's only two options that WQ has to face - whether to keep it as it is, or shut it down, and I fear it's the latter which may be put into practice soon enough.

Castiel_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Castiel_ » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am

I see what you mean now, the server isn't the most stable of all the servers in the world, though it does, at this moment, rely solely on the hosts and members connections to each game. Per say, I would not be able to connect to a game with anyone that has a slower connection than I. If not an MMORPG, maybe at least larger games to accommodate more people and less game clutter on the list. Maybe even limit how many games can be online at one time, and if a game gains no people in X minutes, it is automatically shut down. But, that is a suggestion for another topic all together. I would have to assume the latter of your options is going to be the case soon, Major. :3
#AllIDoIsBean

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 am

You're right - we could take this over to the General Multiplayer Discussion later. But yes, sadly I do believe that is what's going to happen. Can't say we've not been warned, though.

Anwar56
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Anwar56 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:19 am

In my opinion, If Multiplayer would suddenly poof, I won't care since I rarely go on there, I sometimes go on there just to check. But I find SP a bit boring, So I am in a dilema, To be a bit more specific, The possibly of multiplayer being removed from the game is at high risk due to the funding issues and such, But sometimes, Mp can be fun, But only when drama happens. Like big fights, Hunts, Etc.

Frankly, I wouldn't care. But my brother will, Because he uses my account, and he is only nine. But In my opinion, For the safety of young ones. It would be best if they did, Just being specific.

EDIT: I just thought I'll add this.

Percisely, The number of users is decreasing due to the filter and such and such, That's enough from me now.

Dun wanna get to annoying :?
They all deserve to die.
Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why.

there was a barber and his wife~
And he was beautiful~
A proper artist with a knife~
But they transported him for life~
color]-

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:39 pm

I do agree that the chat filter is annoying. It makes normal, everyday conversation much harder.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”