opinions on realistic/unrealistic rp

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

opinions on realistic/unrealistic rp

Post by Pelican » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 am

sorry if this is a duplicate topic, the only similar ones i could find were dead threads. so if this is a duplicate thread then mods please lock it.

this isnt meant to start an argument/flame war/whatever
Last edited by Pelican on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Captain Rora
Name: Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Re: opinions on realistic/unrealistic rp

Post by Captain Rora » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:24 am

When I first came to WQ I was all about realistic. Then I was a bit meh on it, not caring too much. Now, after months and after a long break from WQ I don't care a bit anymore. XDD

I can't remember much from when I first joined since it was like two years ago, but I do remember having to tell people about having half-skeleton bodies, color changing eyes, being as big as a truck, and being pink or pure blood red... I didn't mind if the wolves could talk or anything, though, because it's a bit hard without speech. cx

Just as long as there are no power playing (super strength, one-bite kills, etc.) ... I think that is just... NO. Too unrealistic and annoying. Oh, and let's not forget getting shot by hunters twenty times within an hour. That still annoys me a fair bit.

I don't really roleplay on WQ much anymore, so I have no idea if all this still happens. ^^;

Well that was a nice ramble.
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Beta Head wrote:When I first came to WQ I was all about realistic. Then I was a bit meh on it, not caring too much. Now, after months and after a long break from WQ I don't care a bit anymore. XDD

I can't remember much from when I first joined since it was like two years ago, but I do remember having to tell people about having half-skeleton bodies, color changing eyes, being as big as a truck, and being pink or pure blood red... I didn't mind if the wolves could talk or anything, though, because it's a bit hard without speech. cx

Just as long as there are no power playing (super strength, one-bite kills, etc.) ... I think that is just... NO. Too unrealistic and annoying. Oh, and let's not forget getting shot by hunters twenty times within an hour. That still annoys me a fair bit.

I don't really roleplay on WQ much anymore, so I have no idea if all this still happens. ^^;

Well that was a nice ramble.

From what I've seen stuff like that happens a lot :/

I don't really mind "powerplaying" as long as there are no one-hit kills or killing characters without permission or anything. But godmodding makes me so angry I just I don't even

Lunawolf25
Pup
Pup
Location: Some where on earth, in the middle of nowhere. Country of boredom, don't have to know the rest

Post by Lunawolf25 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:31 am

I was always used to wolf power playings but suddenly, I only like realistic rp I don't know why... :?: lol I'm really weird, huh?
(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸˩ʋиα¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)
Ƭнɛʏ αяɛ вяαʌɛ σғ ƨσʋ,
cɛαя σғ ɛʏɛ αи мιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨтяσиɢ σғ ʝαω
тнɛʏ αяɛ σʏα-κιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ κɛɛи тσ ƨcɛит
Ǫʋιcκ тσ 'ғɛи тнɛιя κιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ нσт σғ вσσ
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨσω тσ ƨιи.
Ǥяɛʏ вяσωи ωнιтɛ вαcκ вσиɛ
ɛαя тαι ραω cαω тσиɢʋɛ
тнɛʏ ραƨ αƨ α ραcκ
αи тнɛʏ мɛт тσɢɛтнɛя
ƨσ тнαт σиɛ ιƨ ραят σғ α
αи α вɛcσмɛ σиɛ.
avvie & sig © lunawolf25(Luna)

tuffpuppy
Pup
Pup

Post by tuffpuppy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm not a strictly "Keep everything true to facts" kind of roleplayer, but I do prefer having realistic or semi-realistic role-plays.
Those "Human Powers RP" games that I see literally everywhere are starting to tick me off, though. There are plenty of games meant for that kind of thing, but WolfQuest is not one of them.
But I do sometimes add a touch of fantasy to my role-plays, and kick up the awesomeness by adding a scientific logic to the fantasy.
For example:
A werewolf, or as I call them dire wolves (even though thats an actual separate animal) since we're already wolves. Imagine there's a virus that is passed through the bloodstream. Now imagine that the light from the sun that reflects off the moon creates a certain type of radiation when the light is bent, and this radiation is strongest during a full moon and the light is strongest. The virus reacts to this radiation when it reaches a certain intensity that transforms the host's body and addles their mind.

I normally keep my nerdy rants like these to myself though XD

So, really I do realistic role plays with some occasional sci fi to keep things interesting.

Everything in moderation! ^_^
When life gives you lemons make apple juice and let everyone wonder how on earth you did it...

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Post by DerpBacon » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:42 am

Both are okay, but I prefer mostly realistic games. A little bit of magic is fine, but not like ten truck loads of them. And yeah, I've seen Human Powers RP or WereVampHuman RP. I prefer Semi-Realistic, as it is a more acceptable RP type for me. But those games, completely unrealistic. They have NOTHING to do with wolves. And this IS a wolf game, but I won't go on, as I could write 15 long paragraphs.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:55 am

In mp, realistic is the way to go. When I'm on a website, I will rp mostly anything.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : lupe

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Derp-Bacon wrote:Both are okay, but I prefer mostly realistic games. A little bit of magic is fine, but not like ten truck loads of them. And yeah, I've seen Human Powers RP or WereVampHuman RP. I prefer Semi-Realistic, as it is a more acceptable RP type for me. But those games, completely unrealistic. They have NOTHING to do with wolves. And this IS a wolf game, but I won't go on, as I could write 15 long paragraphs.

Me, I love it when there's a truckload of fantasy. As long as its not like... controversial stuff being rped, and I dont mean controversial to strict rule followers I mean controversial in general. But at the same time I keep a lot of stuff realistic. Examples, I keep the whole wolves claws being dull thing in there, and the whole thing where dominant wolves raise their tails/ruffle their fur/etc, but youve got a bunch of wolves with powers and/or unrealistic markings running around at the same time... (its not like powered as in overpowered or Mary Sue ish though)

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DerpBacon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:37 pm

As long as said truck is small, one truck load is fine by me. And I hate g.o.d modding and infinite life and one hit kills in an RP. Way too much fantasy there.
Last edited by DerpBacon on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flumen vitae

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Derp-Bacon wrote:As long as said truck is small, one truck load is fine by me. And I hate Bora Bora modding and infinite life and one hit kills in an RP. Way to much fantasy there.

I hate godmodding and one hit kills too, not really sure about the infinite life thing. And no, the truck is... big. Really big.

Powers, unrealistic markings, talking, castles, abnormally large wolves, and made up breeds aren't even half of it.

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DerpBacon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:46 am

Pelican wrote:
Derp-Bacon wrote:As long as said truck is small, one truck load is fine by me. And I hate g.o.d modding and infinite life and one hit kills in an RP. Way to much fantasy there.

I hate godmodding and one hit kills too, not really sure about the infinite life thing. And no, the truck is... big. Really big.

Powers, unrealistic markings, talking, castles, abnormally large wolves, and made up breeds aren't even half of it.
Same. I use powers sometimes, but I don't use them every 2 seconds.

flumen vitae

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:55 am

Derp-Bacon wrote:
Pelican wrote:
Derp-Bacon wrote:As long as said truck is small, one truck load is fine by me. And I hate g.o.d modding and infinite life and one hit kills in an RP. Way to much fantasy there.

Same. I use powers sometimes, but I don't use them every 2 seconds.

I use powers a lot but its not like killing a thousand bobs at once (I saw someone rp that once and in my head I was like: "Okay, I can understand spotlighting, but that is just too much.")

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DerpBacon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Killing a thousand bobs? That happened. I was like, "Um, what?"

flumen vitae

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:08 pm

Derp-Bacon wrote:Killing a thousand bobs? That happened. I was like, "Um, what?"

Yeah and sometimes I rp fantasy but in a realistic way, dunno how to explain it.

And, Some words that describe my rp (and my friends' rp)

- Complex (VERY complex. If me and my friends rp was all packed into one book or show or something it would be so complex that it would be harder to keep track of it.)
- Dramatic
- Action packed
- Random
- Epic (this ones more of an opinion but whatever)
- Fantasy overload, but it can still be slightly realistic sometimes

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DerpBacon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Pelican wrote:
Derp-Bacon wrote:Killing a thousand bobs? That happened. I was like, "Um, what?"

Yeah and sometimes I rp fantasy but in a realistic way, dunno how to explain it.

And, Some words that describe my rp (and my friends' rp)

- Complex (VERY complex. If me and my friends rp was all packed into one book or show or something it would be so complex that it would be harder to keep track of it.)
- Dramatic
- Action packed
- Random
- Epic (this ones more of an opinion but whatever)
- Fantasy overload, but it can still be slightly realistic sometimes
I keep my RPs both realistic and unrealistic. Like, say, 50% realistic, 50% unrealistic, whatever. That way, people that like both kinds can play on my RPs with whatever they want. It's their decision.

flumen vitae

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”